North Dakota Girls Basketball

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: North Dakota Girls Basketball

Postby balla45 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:45 pm

scoobyx2 wrote:
balla45 wrote:Just to play devil's advocate using mostly facts and 1 opinion, Gabbie Bohl, as it is a fun discussion.

Freije was first team as a freshman, but Stewart was not. Jacobson was first team as a freshman and sophomore, with a title as a sophomore, which is the same as Stewart. I would also say that Gabbie Bohl is the best second best player on any team in ND in A or B.

I appreciate your opinion, and I know that you respect the talents of a lot of athletes in the state. You and I have been in involved in some great discussions on this site, and I think its great to see an opinion or two without someone getting bashed for it. (Heck...I wouldn't mind seeing someone get bashed either.)

I agree with the fact that Bohl is a dominant player, and I put her as the 2nd best player in the state too, for now. I believe Ryan won last year's championship with her play under the basket in the last half of the game. As far as the Lion's All-Star games go, do you think the players that go D1 out of state will be able to play? I know in the past, their preseason schedules can get pretty intense right after graduation.

I am on a computer instead of my phone now so I can type a bit better.

Not really an argument per se, but if we look at all of the D1 type seniors and include Sarah Jacobson in the discussion, here is what I come up with. No real order.

Hannah Stewart - D1 commit, ranked nationally, played for a top tier summer program, 3 time all state, 2 time first team all state, 2 time undefeated state champion. Plays with Gabbie Bohl, which does help in winning, but may hurt individual scoring and rebounding numbers.

Fallyn Freije - 6 (maybe more) D1 offers, played for a pretty good summer team, has an MVP at a summer event in Kearney, 3 time first team all state

Gabbie Bohl - D1 level talent, didn't play summer ball, 2 time all stater (in my opinion should have been first team), 2 time undefeated state champion. Plays with Hannah Stewart, which does help in winning, but may hurt individual scoring and rebounding numbers.

Lexi Klabo - D1 commit, played for a pretty good summer team, first team all stater.

Jordyn Jossart - D1 commit, 2 time state champion, 1 time all state player. Played her best individual ball in summer.

Sarah Jacobson - D1 talent, played for the same program as Stewart and did well, 2 time first team all stater, one championship as a sophomore.

If you look just at this group, wow. Throw in what Askvig, Nudell, and Two Bears have done and wow.

On Lion's, last time I talked to Jordyn she said she has no idea. Not in frequent contact with the other aforementioned seniors. I would hope they all can play though. Fun talented group.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:36 pm

Fallyn Freije committed to UND.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:39 pm

balla45 wrote:Fallyn Freije committed to UND.

ah you beat me to the post!
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby leroybla » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:56 pm

Stewart and Bohl may be an example where the two of them are greater than the sum of their parts. Individually they may also be great players (but possibly not the greatest), but are far more effective being on the same team.
leroybla
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Baller » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:59 pm

Heading Gabbie Bohl committed to UMary. Can anyone confirm?
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby balla45 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:56 pm

Yes.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:09 pm

Is the Hoopster out? Website says 10.15.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:51 pm

Yes. I got mine last Wednesday, which was the first day it was available.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:06 pm

balla45 wrote:Yes. I got mine last Wednesday, which was the first day it was available.

OK, good. I just ordered mine over the weekend.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:34 pm

Flip wrote:
balla45 wrote:Yes. I got mine last Wednesday, which was the first day it was available.

OK, good. I just ordered mine over the weekend.

Just sent mine in...kinda hoping they just send both my Boys & Girls together next week. Plenty of down time for the next month with XC being done :cry:
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Previous

Return to Girls