Best Player in Girls Class B

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby hoopsstar2391 » Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:18 pm

Kristen Cuypers had an outstanding Barnes County tournament, she broke the record for points in the semifinals, and had a tournament total of 79 points.  She's having a successful season along with her LMM Rebels that are  7-0.  She's averaging about 23 points per game, and also averaging about 12 rebounds per game.
Last edited by hoopsstar2391 on Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hoopsstar2391
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndfbfan » Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:17 am

baller01 wrote:agreed, i'd think a top canidate for miss basketball next year. agree?

I see a couple things going against her. One, she is kind of located in an area without much media attention. The other, she is so unselfish that her numbers aren't as flashy as others. If you watch her though, you can appreciate just how good she really is.
ndfbfan

Postby twiz11 » Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:08 pm

Lidgerwood's Junior Cristin Haase #1 scorer in the WHOLE STATE (26 pts/game + 11 rebounds) has got to be mentioned somewhere in this topic
Last edited by twiz11 on Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
twiz11

Postby region1 football » Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:38 pm

KRISTEN CUYPERS....all that needs to be said on this topic
region1 football
NDPreps Starter

Postby bestinthewest » Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:46 pm

does anyone think that the best player on the #1 team in the state should be considered the best player in the state??

if so, Teryl Norton is hands down the best player in the state.......or at least the best guard.
bestinthewest
NDPreps Starter

Postby pbhoopsters » Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:10 am

I will take the easy route and post by position:

1 - Sammi Baldwin - Drayton St Thomas

2 - Abby Reiter - Hatton/Northwood

3 - Kristen Cuypers - LMM

4 - Kirstie Gillett - Dakota Prairie

5- Jenna Gillett - Dakota Prairie

I certainly will admit an eastern bias since this is where I live. However, I have not read anything about western players that would make me think my choices should be anything but what they are.

pbhoopsters

Postby baller23 » Mon Dec 25, 2006 5:36 pm

I agree with pbhoopsters. Ithink Sammy Bladwin, Abby Reiter, Kirstie Gillett, and Jenna Gillett are amazing players!
baller23
NDPreps Reserve

Postby sportsguy2 » Mon Dec 25, 2006 5:58 pm

...and Cuypers ain't bad either
sportsguy2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby PA42 » Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:02 am

callie erickson from fordville/l/pr is a really nice player. She is very smooth and is a good defender. Look for them to be in the hunt region 2.
PA42

Postby Diamond D » Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:18 pm

I had heard Callie was playing very strong right now for Fordville.

How about Amanda dude out at Griggs County?  I know she blew out a knee, but she has size and talent.  Will she be able to work the kinks out and play hard nose ball again?  Has anyone watched her play yet?

Diamond D

Postby rep » Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:23 pm

Diamond D wrote:How about Amanda dude out at Griggs County?  I know she blew out a knee, but she has size and talent.  Will she be able to work the kinks out and play hard nose ball again?  Has anyone watched her play yet? 

i saw her play at last year's barnes county tourney...a shame she got hurt. i don't know if the cougars would have challenged for a district championship in a really tough District 3, but a whole year of her would have given them a lot better shot.

i didn't think that she even had a chance of playing until after the first of jan?
rep

Postby pbhoopsters » Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:52 am

Sammi Schmit out of Fairmount and Cristin Haase out of Lidgerwood are two players that also could be contenders at the 4 position. Sammi led class B in rebounding last year and has a great baseline jumper. She also is a lefty which confuses defenders at times. She has not been able to play but will be ready to go at the start of the new year.

Cristin has been throwing up great stats in several categories this year and physically is a tough player to defender. Both are players that impress me as well.
pbhoopsters

Postby point/center » Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:12 am

isnt there a gal from Tioga (Bratlein?)that's supposed to be pretty tough?
Last edited by point/center on Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby rep » Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:33 am

point/center wrote:isnt there a gal from Tioga (Bratlein?)that's supposed to be pretty tough?

going to u-mary i believe for basketball...she was a beast at state volleyball, but i haven't ever gotten the chance to see her play basketball
rep

Postby bestinthewest » Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:13 pm

has anyone seen Norton from new salem play? obviously not. that girl can ball and none of those other girls have anythin on her
bestinthewest
NDPreps Starter

Postby rkmt » Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:19 pm

bestinthewest wrote:has anyone seen Norton from new salem play? obviously not. that girl can ball and none of those other girls have anythin on her

Yeah, I've seen her play - on tv.  Honestly, she's been around so long that she's a victim of herself - "just old news", maybe that's why she isn't talked about that much.  She is just one of the most experienced in the state, very solid, and has led a team that has as much success over the last 5 years or so than any other team in the state.  She should be getting more credit on here - point taken. 
rkmt
NDPreps Starter

Postby rep » Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:24 pm

hopefully she can turn around the dickinson state women's program...that thing has been a train wreck since they kicked kreklau out the door. i still haven't come to terms with that that deal
Last edited by rep on Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rep

Postby baseball » Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:04 pm

ive seen her play a number of times and she hasnt impressed me as to be the best player in the state.  dont get me wrong shes a great player but i havent seen a game and ive seen her play 6-7 and she hasnt scored more then 15.  pressure her shot and she isnt to effective i think but i know she is still a great player and is going to more then likely win region sr of the year.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby rkmt » Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:01 pm

I don't have enough knowledge of the other players mentioned to say that Norton is necessarily the best player in the state.  But her record of success may be the best given her position on a team, and the success of that team, so I could see why people want her to get her credit.   She's not flashy when I've seen her, but she seems fundamentally sound and tough all-around.   Pretty good college prospect because of that I would say.
rkmt
NDPreps Starter

Postby thunderbaseball_38 » Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:03 pm

I am going to agree completely on that line up. But if you single out the best PLAYER, not players, I would go with Kirstie Gillett. Beings I am from Hatton Northwood, I should go with Abby Reiter, just to support our girls. But Kirstie is tall, versatile, and I would like someone to name one thing she does wrong on the basketball court. (Other than the occasional missed shots, but everyone misses) She can shoot, pass, rebound, defend every position, she has great eyes for the court while being an outstanding open court ball-handler when she needs to handle the ball. Her interior passing to Jenna is great. You can tell they have played together for a while. She is great at driving to the basket with the ball, and she makes great cuts and is a great target for the perimeter players to pass to. Oh, and on top of that, she is a great leader. Despite DP being a well-balanced team, she still sticks out somewhat.  So my pick for the BEST all-around class B PLAYER in the state is Kirstie Gillett.
thunderbaseball_38

Postby thesports_guy32 » Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:28 pm

i agree with thunderbaseball, but she only has one thing left to do, win the region and compete on the state level. that's when people will see that she is the best player in the state.
thesports_guy32

Postby Bearsfan » Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:41 am

Everyone out there has some good points.  I think that Kayla Schmidt in Beulah is right up there with everyone that has been mentioned.  The thing that hurts her is that her 8th - 11th grades were spent playing against class A teams and even those teams were throwing chasers on her.  She is pretty decent and because of lack of class B exposure not many people know who she is until after they have played against her.... check the leading scorer lists.... you'll see her name all over it, she is the only senior on Beulahs team.  She plays a good defense and is not afraid to dish out assists.  She is heading down to Aberdeen next year to play for the Wolves at Northern State.
Bearsfan

Postby region1 football » Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:28 am

Does anyone know who the nominees are for the girls award for player of the year...or miss basketball im not sure if thats what its called.
region1 football
NDPreps Starter

Postby Baller » Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:08 am

Could someone post the eight region players of the year??  Thanks
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby rkmt » Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:50 am

Baller wrote:Could someone post the eight region players of the year??  Thanks

[font=Times New Roman]Region 1  Amanda Dimmer – Maple Valley[/font]
[font=Times New Roman]Region 2  Kirstie Gillett - DP[/font]
[font=Times New Roman]Region 3  Kristen Cuypers - LMM[/font]
[font=Times New Roman]Region 4 Stacy Nygaard - A-E[/font]
[font=Times New Roman]Region 5  (Co)  Teryl Norton - New Salem, Natasha Smith - Wilton[/font]
[font=Times New Roman]Region 6[/font]
[font=Times New Roman]Region 7[/font]
[font=Times New Roman]Region 8[/font]

[font=Times New Roman]This is what I know - someone fill 'em in.[/font]
Last edited by rkmt on Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
rkmt
NDPreps Starter

PreviousNext

Return to Girls