2014 Lion's All-Star

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

2014 Lion's All-Star

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu May 01, 2014 11:43 pm

The games, matching Class A boys and girls all-star teams against their Class B counterparts, are scheduled July 15 at Bismarck and July 16 at Fargo.

Class A Girls

Fargo North: Kate Astrup
Century: Jen Benz & Macy Lynch
Wahpeton: Lachelle Bumgarner
Valley City: Dierra Diegel
Bismarck: Keisha Engelhardt & Courtney Trolliey
Fargo Davies: Brook Hildre
Mandan: McKayla Howling Wolf
Jamestown: Paige Peterson
West Fargo: Cassidy Thorson
Devils Lake: Madison Walford

Alternates:
GF Red River: Callie Carlson
Fargo South: Allyson Friedt
West Fargo: Kaitlyn Langerud
Mandan: Chelsea Peterson

Coaches: Todd Magnuson, Minot, Tonah Safranski, Fargo Davies.

Class B Girls

Thompson: Shannon Galegher & Karleigh Weber
Hillsboro-Central Valley: Kennedy Henningsgard
North Star: Allie Heisler
Carrington: Kayla Hochhalter
Grant County: Ashley Werner
Shiloh Christian: Gabby Wilkinson
Bishop Ryan: Anika Rovig
TGU: Mattie Schmitt
Beach: Hailee Farstveet & Bailey Waldal
New Town: Baeleigh Brady

Alternates:
North Sargent: Chelsey Anderson
Enderlin: Megan Johnson
Napoleon: Mariah Jangula
Kidder County: Sadie Rohrich
Underwood: Abby Landenberger
New Salem-Almont: Karlie Schroeder

Coaches: Julie Stewart, Minot Ryan, Jim Petrik, Shiloh.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Re: 2014 Lion's All-Star

Postby vikingman » Wed May 07, 2014 2:46 pm

Ronningen doesn't make it? 2000 career points doesn't get you in?
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed May 07, 2014 2:50 pm

vikingman wrote:Ronningen doesn't make it? 2000 career points doesn't get you in?

Did she choose the Volleyball All-Star game?? If so, you can only play in one All-Star game
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Flying Wallenda » Wed May 07, 2014 8:22 pm

vikingman wrote:Ronningen doesn't make it? 2000 career points doesn't get you in?

Wow. Hard to believe not even an alternate??
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby Holmes40 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:41 pm

I think if she stays at her original school, she makes it.

Coaches around area weren't too impressed with how she ended up transferring.
Holmes40
NDPreps Rookie

Postby vikingman » Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:29 pm

This summer I heard that she (Ronningen) had transferred back to her original school once the season was over. True?
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Postby EHS1998 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:40 pm

The thing that really bothers me about these type of transfers is that there are very good players (girls and boys) who have every opportunity in the world to transfer to a different school that would potentially provide a better opportunity to win a region title or go to state or get more college attention but instead choose to stay where they are and battle it out.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:56 pm

EHS1998 wrote:The thing that really bothers me about these type of transfers is that there are very good players (girls and boys) who have every opportunity in the world to transfer to a different school that would potentially provide a better opportunity to win a region title or go to state or get more college attention but instead choose to stay where they are and battle it out.

I think it's a lot harder to go to a new a school than it is to stay at the same one.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Hinsa » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:25 pm

How so Flip?
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:14 pm

People don't like change. Going to school for ten years at one school and then leaving all your friends would have to be difficult. There is always some added costs too. Either the family has to move or you have to drive farther to school.

Take a look at your region. There are a lot kids in the area that would have fit in real well at Thompson, why didn't any of those kids transfer?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby pigplet » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:30 am

If you are a good player, stay at your school and make everyone around you better and become a GREAT player which leads to a great team. Coaches will find greatness wherever you are. Transfering to a "better" school to showcase your talent is a slap in the face to the kids who have stood by your side and grew with you. My opinion only, and yes I have been in this situation, we stayed, ended up with a four year run of championships, one after my kid graduated and a foundation of young kids that look up to the older kids like they are gods.
pigplet
NDPreps Reserve

Postby EHS1998 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:35 pm

pigplet wrote:If you are a good player, stay at your school and make everyone around you better and become a GREAT player which leads to a great team. Coaches will find greatness wherever you are. Transfering to a "better" school to showcase your talent is a slap in the face to the kids who have stood by your side and grew with you. My opinion only, and yes I have been in this situation, we stayed, ended up with a four year run of championships, one after my kid graduated and a foundation of young kids that look up to the older kids like they are gods.

Totally agree that staying is the way to go.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby B-oldtimer » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:05 pm

Ronningen girl graduated at Edmore she did not transfer back to Midkota. Also her brother Brandt transferred to Edmore and will be attending again this year with his younger sister.
B-oldtimer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Hinsa » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:10 am

Flip wrote:People don't like change. Going to school for ten years at one school and then leaving all your friends would have to be difficult. There is always some added costs too. Either the family has to move or you have to drive farther to school.

Take a look at your region. There are a lot kids in the area that would have fit in real well at Thompson, why didn't any of those kids transfer?

I would hope it is because they wanted to stay in their own school and community. But I also realize it could have been that Thompson was so loaded that anyone new might not have gotten much playing time.

I think I agree with you in principle Flip
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby radball » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:25 pm

I agree with Flip, when I was a junior in high school we had 2 boys transfer in from a bigger school thinking they would go down a class and get on a potential champ team(we got runner up in football and bball the yr before, with most everyone coming back) but they didn't even make the varsity bench. And they came in thinking they should of started and had a poor work ethics, and it showed. They moved back and never played again, I heard. Open enrollment can hurt, aka recruiting
radball
NDPreps Starter

Return to Girls