2013-14 All-State

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

2013-14 All-State

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:42 pm

CLASS B ALL-STATE

FIRST TEAM
Fallyn Freije, Lakota/Edmore
Hannah Stewart, Bishop Ryan
Rylee Nudell, Maple Valley
Faith Dooley, Central Cass
Shannon Galegher, Thompson

SECOND TEAM
Karleigh Weber, Thompson
Hailee Farstveet, Beach
Sarah Hagler, North Star
Gabbie Bohl, Bishop Ryan
Karlie Schroeder, New Salem-Almont
Mattie Schmitt, TGU
Katie Mogen, Watford City
Allie Heisler, North Star
Bailey Waldal, Beach
Kennedy Henningsgard, Hillsboro-Central Valley
Hannah Jacobs, Divide County
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Re: 2013-14 All-State

Postby ndlionsfan » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:24 am

What are the grade levels of each? How many are still coming back next year?
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby scoobyx2 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:11 am

Its interesting that not one player from Shiloh made it. They were ranked in the top 5 all season, actually faced most of the top teams, and finished as State runner-up. They even have a U of Mary recruit, and one who was a unanimous All-Tournament pick.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby senditin » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:00 am

scoobyx2 wrote:Its interesting that not one player from Shiloh made it. They were ranked in the top 5 all season, actually faced most of the top teams, and finished as State runner-up. They even have a U of Mary recruit, and one who was a unanimous All-Tournament pick.

You can't tell me Two Bears or Wilkinson from Shiloh aren't worthy of the All State team! Of course they're Native American so what do you expect?!
senditin
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndlionsfan » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:13 am

senditin wrote:
scoobyx2 wrote:Its interesting that not one player from Shiloh made it. They were ranked in the top 5 all season, actually faced most of the top teams, and finished as State runner-up. They even have a U of Mary recruit, and one who was a unanimous All-Tournament pick.

You can't tell me Two Bears or Wilkinson from Shiloh aren't worthy of the All State team! Of course they're Native American so what do you expect?!

Oh please, to even think any of that comes in to play is ridiculous and a slap in the face to the media members who select the team.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby The Schwab » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:19 am

Looks like a pretty good list in my opinion, Farstveet not being on the 1st team surprises me a little bit after she was named Senior Athlete, but all in all a good list.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby scoobyx2 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:29 am

ndlionsfan wrote:
senditin wrote:

Oh please, to even think any of that comes in to play is ridiculous and a slap in the face to the media members who select the team.

I guess if anyone has the stats on the players we can compare whether or not they had the credentials to be on the team. Shiloh must have had a seriously balanced team to not have any all-state standouts because they had an extremely successful season.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby BB11 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:49 am

senditin wrote:

You're right. I keep forgetting that Trayvon McKay from FW-M is of Irish and Scottish descent. :roll:
"As God as my witness, I thought Turkeys could fly."
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby NodakQ2 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:56 am

BB11 wrote:
senditin wrote:

You're right. I keep forgetting that Trayvon McKay from FW-M is of Irish and Scottish descent. :roll:

senditin...One comment...C'MON MAN.

bb11...hilarious.
NodakQ2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby senditin » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:58 am

BB11 wrote:
senditin wrote:

What do you need stats for? Anyone who knows basketball and especially someone who covers it should know a player when they see one. 2 from NS on the team? TwoBears and Wilkinson are a better tandem then those 2. People don't like when someone addresses the pink elephant in the room but that's just how I see it. I also feel New Town boys were slighted when not one player from that team, a team that came within an eyelash of beating Rugby in the first round, didn't get a player on the all tourney team. The only team who didn't get a player on the team.
senditin
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby The Schwab » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:01 am

They also took 8th in the state tournament, so I guess if a team weren't to get a player on the all tourney team shouldn't it be the 8th place team?
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndlionsfan » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:04 am

The Schwab wrote:They also took 8th in the state tournament, so I guess if a team weren't to get a player on the all tourney team shouldn't it be the 8th place team?

Sendit must suffer from "heimeritis"....if a fact doesn't fit or damages your argument, it must be left out. :D
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby senditin » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:40 am

The Schwab wrote:They also took 8th in the state tournament, so I guess if a team weren't to get a player on the all tourney team shouldn't it be the 8th place team?

So no player from Watford City was on the All Tourney team?
senditin
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby B-oldtimer » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:42 am

The media vote is more a vote of players that gotten some recognition through the season not so much going all by statistics of each player. I am surprised that not one of Shiloh players didn't make the team and I am also surprised that Ronnigan girl Lakota-Edmore didn't make it either with her scoring her 2000 point and good run she had in tournaments getting to state. I also think a lot media looked at region senior athletes also for source of their choice. I can think of several other girls that could have been considered for the team that I have seen play this year. Several of these girls will be back next year so they may still get this honor.
B-oldtimer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby scoobyx2 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:19 pm

I was actually trying to bring up stats to support the idea that a Shiloh player should have been recognized, but I guess the track of discussion is going into a different direction. Also, I 1st assumed that they didn't make the team because they were transfers similar to the Class B boys MVP.

I was surprised that Ronnigan didn't make it either. Scoring over 2000 points and making it to the State B was pretty impressive.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Sniper » Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:50 pm

Shiloh girls stats according to max preps:
Gabby Wilkinson - 14.8ppg, 2.7apg, 6.2rbg, 1.9spg
Mia Wilkinson - 14.4ppg, 1.2apg, 6.2rpg, 1.7spg, 1 .6bpg
Jaye Two Bears - 11.9ppg, 4.2apg, 5.2rpg, 3.3spg, 2.1bpg

They also have two more girls that average over 8ppg. Very balanced offense, nobody put up crazy numbers which hurt them in the all state voting, even though they are probably just as talented as some of the players on the list.
Sniper
NDPreps All-State

Postby minotguy715 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:52 pm

scoobyx2 wrote:I was actually trying to bring up stats to support the idea that a Shiloh player should have been recognized, but I guess the track of discussion is going into a different direction. Also, I 1st assumed that they didn't make the team because they were transfers similar to the Class B boys MVP.

I was surprised that Ronnigan didn't make it either. Scoring over 2000 points and making it to the State B was pretty impressive.

1st good list, but I also was surprised, Gabby Wilkinson didn't make team, as for your question, she avg 14.7 pts a game, not sure of her other statistics........but watching tourney, she is one of the top 5 to 10 players in the state IMO.
minotguy715
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Flying Wallenda » Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:18 pm

I was really impressed with Wilkinson, she was definitely deserving. So athletic. Ronningen put up big numbers for a lot of years. Numbers were down to a degree this year due to the balance LE had/Freije's dominance. Also deserving. Good players get left off every year though, in both girls and boys. I thought Kretchman for the B boys was very deserving. I'm sure Wilkinson, Ronningen, Kretchman, and any other quality player that made the boys or girls state wouldn't trade the trip there for a media voted on award!
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby Minnelli » Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:07 pm

And another elephant in the room...an utter sham that Bishop Ryan's Julie Stewart was not coach of the year. She's gone undefeated for 2years, is tied for the consecutive wins record, has gone to state the past 3 years, and has only had 2 losses in the past 3 years. The other coaches in district 12 have never selected her as dist coach of the year; therefore her name is not forwarded to the region and state. What a joke!
Minnelli
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Nodak Guy » Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:42 pm

Minnelli wrote:And another elephant in the room...an utter sham that Bishop Ryan's Julie Stewart was not coach of the year. She's gone undefeated for 2years, is tied for the consecutive wins record, has gone to state the past 3 years, and has only had 2 losses in the past 3 years. The other coaches in district 12 have never selected her as dist coach of the year; therefore her name is not forwarded to the region and state. What a joke!

I agree, she should be taking home some awards. However, your statement about her not being up for the award is incorrect. The district champion team coach is automatically forwarded on as one of the four coaches up for the region coach of the year, and the region champion coach is automatically forwarded on as one of the sixteen coaches up for the state coach of the year.
Nodak Guy
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby scoobyx2 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:07 pm

Minnelli wrote:And another elephant in the room...an utter sham that Bishop Ryan's Julie Stewart was not coach of the year. She's gone undefeated for 2years, is tied for the consecutive wins record, has gone to state the past 3 years, and has only had 2 losses in the past 3 years. The other coaches in district 12 have never selected her as dist coach of the year; therefore her name is not forwarded to the region and state. What a joke!

I thought that too. I think she gets overlooked in fastpitch too. She has developed an outstanding team at a Class B school that competes for the Class A State Championship, and they give Coach of the Year to guy from Valley City.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Minnelli » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:54 pm

Well that makes it even worse if Nodak Guy is correct that Stewart was in the mix but not selected. What gives--petty way to get back at the parochial school for being good?
Minnelli
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Indy5 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:13 pm

scoobyx2 wrote:

I thought that too. I think she gets overlooked in fastpitch too. She has developed an outstanding team at a Class B school that competes for the Class A State Championship, and they give Coach of the Year to guy from Valley City.

To be fair, I believe last year was her first year as the softball coach, so she didn't develop the whole program, but still good on them for competing against class A schools.

In basketball, the only thing I can think is that you don't always see an award go to the coach of the best team. A lot of people say their job is "easy" when the team is so talented.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby senditin » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:43 pm

Last year Cavalier took 8th and Chrest was all tourney. Elephant in the room.
senditin
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Flip » Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:08 am

Minnelli wrote:Well that makes it even worse if Nodak Guy is correct that Stewart was in the mix but not selected. What gives--petty way to get back at the parochial school for being good?

How many times do you think Phil Jackson NBA COY?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Next

Return to Girls