2013-14 All-State

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: 2013-14 All-State

Postby djack1421 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:36 am

Holmes40 wrote:
B-oldtimer wrote:The media vote is more a vote of players that gotten some recognition through the season not so much going all by statistics of each player. I am surprised that not one of Shiloh players didn't make the team and I am also surprised that Ronnigan girl Lakota-Edmore didn't make it either with her scoring her 2000 point and good run she had in tournaments getting to state. I also think a lot media looked at region senior athletes also for source of their choice. I can think of several other girls that could have been considered for the team that I have seen play this year. Several of these girls will be back next year so they may still get this honor.

I'm thinking that the fact that they were all some pretty controversial transfers worked against them.

Maybe the voters considered loyalty as a factor.

Plus these girls stats were down from previous years.

I hope the voters didn't base their vote on their feeling of if it was a "legit" transfer. That should be NDHSAA's job. You can't penalize a girl for her family moving. I agree their stats weren't that great, and that is most likely the reason they weren't voted on the team. However, their stats were comparable to a few of the players on the 2nd team.
djack1421
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Holmes40 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:34 pm

djack1421 wrote:
Holmes40 wrote:
B-oldtimer wrote:The media vote is more a vote of players that gotten some recognition through the season not so much going all by statistics of each player. I am surprised that not one of Shiloh players didn't make the team and I am also surprised that Ronnigan girl Lakota-Edmore didn't make it either with her scoring her 2000 point and good run she had in tournaments getting to state. I also think a lot media looked at region senior athletes also for source of their choice. I can think of several other girls that could have been considered for the team that I have seen play this year. Several of these girls will be back next year so they may still get this honor.

I'm thinking that the fact that they were all some pretty controversial transfers worked against them.

Maybe the voters considered loyalty as a factor.

Plus these girls stats were down from previous years.

I hope the voters didn't base their vote on their feeling of if it was a "legit" transfer. That should be NDHSAA's job. You can't penalize a girl for her family moving. I agree their stats weren't that great, and that is most likely the reason they weren't voted on the team. However, their stats were comparable to a few of the players on the 2nd team.

I agree that it should just be about BB.

But when the word gets out that you have some parents getting a sham "legal separation" so their kid can go play somewhere else right away, it might sway some voters.
Holmes40
NDPreps Rookie

Postby kickinitoldschool » Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:19 pm

scoobyx2 wrote:
ndlionsfan wrote:
that showed in the way their team played in the tournamentsenditin wrote:
scoobyx2 wrote:Its interesting that not one player from Shiloh made it. They were ranked in the top 5 all season, actually faced most of the top teams, and finished as State runner-up. They even have a U of Mary recruit, and one who was a unanimous All-Tournament pick.

You can't tell me Two Bears or Wilkinson from Shiloh aren't worthy of the All State team! Of course they're Native American so what do you expect?!

Oh please, to even think any of that comes in to play is ridiculous and a slap in the face to the media members who select the team.

I guess if anyone has the stats on the players we can compare whether or not they had the credentials to be on the team. Shiloh must have had a seriously balanced team to not have any all-state standouts because they had an extremely successful season.

I think Two Bears and WilkinSon were worthy of the All State team, not because their stats are out of this world, because the team as a whole knew they had to buy into selfless basketball to have a successful season. Every girl
on that team bought into selfless basketball.
kickinitoldschool
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Holmes40 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:18 pm

kickinitoldschool wrote:
scoobyx2 wrote:
ndlionsfan wrote:
scoobyx2 wrote:Its interesting that not one player from Shiloh made it. They were ranked in the top 5 all season, actually faced most of the top teams, and finished as State runner-up. They even have a U of Mary recruit, and one who was a unanimous All-Tournament pick.

You can't tell me Two Bears or Wilkinson from Shiloh aren't worthy of the All State team! Of course they're Native American so what do you expect?!

Oh please, to even think any of that comes in to play is ridiculous and a slap in the face to the media members who select the team.

I guess if anyone has the stats on the players we can compare whether or not they had the credentials to be on the team. Shiloh must have had a seriously balanced team to not have any all-state standouts because they had an extremely successful season.

I think Two Bears and WilkinSon were worthy of the All State team, not because their stats are out of this world, because the team as a whole knew they had to buy into selfless basketball to have a successful season. Every girl

Tell that to their teammates they left back in New Town.
Holmes40
NDPreps Rookie

Postby radball » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:03 am

Holmes40 wrote:
kickinitoldschool wrote:
scoobyx2 wrote:
ndlionsfan wrote:

Tell that to their teammates they left back in New Town.

Good point Holmes40..lol, I do like their play, but you have a good point
radball
NDPreps Starter

Previous

Return to Girls