NorthStar VS. Lakota-Edmore

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: NorthStar VS. Lakota-Edmore

Postby bigshowjay » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:29 pm

People, I enjoyed the Fun and Banter but the fact is these 2 teams could play each other 100 different times in different Gyms on different days and we will have 100 different results. This is a game played by young Men & Women who do not have 100% constancy on any given night. This is why we love High School Sports and this is why we will always be amazed by it and it's results. Last night North Star scored more points than Lakota/Edmore...end of subject, if they are to meet again that could change due to many conditions including site of the game, time of the game who has the Flu, or Sprained Ankle or Headache, who the officials are...need I go on. Any Coach will tell you you play the games to get better for Tournament play and if this game made Lakota/Edmore better in any way then they benefited from it. Who will win if they play again in the future cannot be guaranteed in the present. I have enjoyed the fun of the arguments here but I now I wait for the next time these 2 meet, should they, and what will happen on that night...now back to your regularly scheduled bantering...
bigshowjay
NDPreps Rookie

Postby vikingman » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:36 am

I put some highlights on for both teams here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AInoUKOJ9WY

I didn't know the LAE players and didn't have the book so I didn't identify any of them.
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Postby cntrfthrs » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:00 am

How in the world did new town beat Lakota-Edmore?!?!? Isthe fre(????) girl still out injured???
cntrfthrs
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndlionsfan » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:59 pm

I saw that Freije had 6 points in the game. Don't know if she started and reinjured her ankle of if she was just limited most of the game.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby rains32 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:49 pm

She played very limited. Could tell she was know where near 100% and L/E did not look sharp. Credit to New Town they knocked down shots and L/E was out of sink.
rains32
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flying Wallenda » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:18 am

noles4ever wrote:Not poking fun at mental health, just poking fun at you using a medication exaggeration, sorry lighten up.

Are we to think that Lakota-Edmore's rallying cry is now going to be "we almost beat them without Fallyn".

If that is the case they have other issues.
If this game had been played with both teams at full strength we have ourselves a measuring stick for the hopeful future match-up, as it stands we don't have that, and we are left with way too many questions to come to a decisive conclusion, so therefore this game really doesn't mean much and in my mind proves nothing.
Did L-E play together as a team more without Freiji? Probably?
Did Kvilvang and Heisler have good games? Not according to stats
Was it L-E's defense that caused this or a letdown because L-E didn't have Feiji? Can't tell.
Does it decide anything before march? A definite NO.

Well it was decided last night. And it was a domination for LE. Looks as though the rallying cry was heard, loud and strong.
Fly on, I mean carry on.
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby Flying Wallenda » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:29 am

Flying Wallenda wrote:
noles4ever wrote:Not poking fun at mental health, just poking fun at you using a medication exaggeration, sorry lighten up.

Are we to think that Lakota-Edmore's rallying cry is now going to be "we almost beat them without Fallyn".

If that is the case they have other issues.
If this game had been played with both teams at full strength we have ourselves a measuring stick for the hopeful future match-up, as it stands we don't have that, and we are left with way too many questions to come to a decisive conclusion, so therefore this game really doesn't mean much and in my mind proves nothing.
Did L-E play together as a team more without Freiji? Probably?
Did Kvilvang and Heisler have good games? Not according to stats
Was it L-E's defense that caused this or a letdown because L-E didn't have Feiji? Can't tell.
Does it decide anything before march? A definite NO.

Well it was decided last night. And it was a domination for LE. Looks as though the rallying cry was heard, loud and strong.
Fly on, I mean carry on.

Fly on, I mean carry on
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby noles4ever » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:04 pm

Yes it was decided, before the game even started if you ask some.
Hats off to Lakota-Edmore, they shot 51% and held North Star to 26% and that is the story of the game.
Good Luck against Ryan.
Carry on:)
noles4ever
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flying Wallenda » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:08 pm

noles4ever wrote:Yes it was decided, before the game even started if you ask some.
Hats off to Lakota-Edmore, they shot 51% and held North Star to 26% and that is the story of the game.
Good Luck against Ryan.
Carry on:)

Before the game according to some? Please enlighten me.....
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby noles4ever » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:16 pm

I am giving Lakota-Edmore their proper respect and you are attempting to dig up an old argument that wasn't even really against Lakota-Edmore in the first place, again good luck at the State Girls B.
noles4ever
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:24 pm

North Star has really seemed to struggle down the stretch...Injuries probably played a part in this. Lakota/Edmore has post season-experienced players and made a great run to the Region title.

Congrats to L/E...tough first round matchup!
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Flying Wallenda » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:27 pm

noles4ever wrote:I am giving Lakota-Edmore their proper respect and you are attempting to dig up an old argument that wasn't even really against Lakota-Edmore in the first place, again good luck at the State Girls B.

Please, in the last two pages, please point out to me where I said LE had this game won before it started. I've honestly have to see this. I stated if I was LE I would feel good competing with NS without Freije. You told me it didn't really matter, it would be decided in March. Is it wrong for me to point out that it likely did matter? Please don't take this as an all out attack on you again as well. Not my intention.
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby panthercub » Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:56 pm

Flying Wallenda wrote:
noles4ever wrote:I am giving Lakota-Edmore their proper respect and you are attempting to dig up an old argument that wasn't even really against Lakota-Edmore in the first place, again good luck at the State Girls B.

Please, in the last two pages, please point out to me where I said LE had this game won before it started. I've honestly have to see this. I stated if I was LE I would feel good competing with NS without Freije. You told me it didn't really matter, it would be decided in March. Is it wrong for me to point out that it likely did matter? Please don't take this as an all out attack on you again as well. Not my intention.

Let me take a stab at this one! The game was won before it started because the officiating was QUESTIONABLE AT BEST! I'm not one to complain about the officials but it was absurd how one player was getting away with EVERTHING! If the officials hadn't been locals she would have been fouled out in the 3rd for sure! Not saying it was the outcome of the game but come on seriously obvious!
panthercub
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby yadot » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:08 pm

Congrats to Lakota-Edmore-Binford. Definite domination. If they play like they did in region semis against Carrington, Minot Ryan will beat em by 50. If they play their A game like they did against North Star they will stay within 40. Unless devils lake association refs have game it could be 15 point game.
yadot
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Flying Wallenda » Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:38 am

yadot wrote:Congrats to Lakota-Edmore-Binford. Definite domination. If they play like they did in region semis against Carrington, Minot Ryan will beat em by 50. If they play their A game like they did against North Star they will stay within 40. Unless devils lake association refs have game it could be 15 point game.

I didn't realize LE cooped with Binford ? If I was binford I'd be mad they at least wouldn't allow me to use a "b" in the name. Must have been like when NS boys cooped with Leeds a few years back, or
was that minnewauken? I forget. LE will have a hard time against MR. I'd be surprised if the lose by 50 though.
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby Flying Wallenda » Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:40 am

panthercub wrote:
Flying Wallenda wrote:

Let me take a stab at this one! The game was won before it started because the officiating was QUESTIONABLE AT BEST! I'm not one to complain about the officials but it was absurd how one player was getting away with EVERTHING! If the officials hadn't been locals she would have been fouled out in the 3rd for sure! Not saying it was the outcome of the game but come on seriously obvious!

That's what I was thinking when LE had 8 fouls and NS 3 deep into the half, and Hamen was in big foul trouble, darn refs! Sorry refs had no bearing in a game that was spread by 30 at one pt.
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby B-oldtimer » Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:51 am

That was good point and refereeing was not perfect in this game I didn't see where it favored anyone and it was called pretty much called like whole tournament inside if player had hand on the ball it was blocked there was no foul. If anything it favored taller players inside over smaller players when came to inside for positioning that's why you saw Haman girl in foul trouble. I saw lots of questionalble calls in the whole tournament and I posted one example earlier in Northstar vs. Rolette game.
The difference in this game between the first and this game was Freije girl because it was first time Northstar had a team that matched up with them size where Kvilvang and Hagler didn't have size advantage they take advantage off. The Hagler girl had hard time to get her shot off outside and when she drove she got two people on her and usually to big girls. The Kvilvang girl had to alter shot too because she resorted to twisting hook to try to score. LE gurards then did a good job on the Heisler girl not letting her having any easy shots and again forcing her into the inside where she had shoot over the taller girls. Northstar had experienced similar trouble in previous two games because of seeing taller and physical teams they played but there pressure press saved them to squeak out couple of wins. Against LE the Ronnigan and Freije girls were able to defeat this press and in fact early part of game they got several easy layups out this press. NorthStar is young team and next year they are going to be ranked as probably region favorite with size and number of players returning. I also think LE was helped playing difficult schedule this year where they saw several teams like Northstar that have couple of big girls that they had to play against. Also the comments that LE is going to loose by 50 I don't see that happening against Ryan if anything it could be close game and may end up with double digit loss or it could be a good close game down to the wire. At tournament time anything can happen look at boys tournament games were all pretty close. High school basketball is highly unpredictable it all depends how each team is playing on given night and how kids are handling the pressure of playing in big tournament.
B-oldtimer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby mediaball » Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:07 pm

In watching the North Star girls in the Region 4 Tournament it appears to me that they were just plain old tired. I didn't see any injury-related bench time, so I don't think injury was an issue for North Star in this game. Hats off to a physical and aggressive Lakota team.
The North Star girls liked to get out and run and score their points in the transition game in the regular season games that I was able to see. Other than their full court press to win the first two region games, you didn't see a lot of the transition game in the region tournament that was their bread and butter all year.
Either they were practicing too hard at the end of the season and lost their legs or they just ran out of steam by the time the region tournament rolled around. At any rate it was a great run for them. Any idea if/when North Star or I suppose it would have been the Cando Cubs last made it to a state tournament?
mediaball
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:19 pm

mediaball wrote:In watching the North Star girls in the Region 4 Tournament it appears to me that they were just plain old tired. I didn't see any injury-related bench time, so I don't think injury was an issue for North Star in this game. Hats off to a physical and aggressive Lakota team.
The North Star girls liked to get out and run and score their points in the transition game in the regular season games that I was able to see. Other than their full court press to win the first two region games, you didn't see a lot of the transition game in the region tournament that was their bread and butter all year.
Either they were practicing too hard at the end of the season and lost their legs or they just ran out of steam by the time the region tournament rolled around. At any rate it was a great run for them. Any idea if/when North Star or I suppose it would have been the Cando Cubs last made it to a state tournament?

Cando has four trips to State:
1986 - 4th
1987 - 5th
1989 - 5th
1990 - 7th
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby winner-within » Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:13 pm

Lakota-Edmore ...wins it all....just my intuition :)
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Previous

Return to Girls