School change mid season

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

School change mid season

Postby NDclassBdad » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:55 pm

Does anyone know how the NDHSAA looks at mid season school changes within same district/region and class? Asking specifically for girls BB but am assuming its probably the same for all sports. Thanks for the help
NDclassBdad
NDPreps Reserve

Re: School change mid season

Postby Hinsa » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:35 pm

Is the family moving to the different school district? Really moving and not just setting up a temporary address?
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby NDclassBdad » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:41 pm

From what I'm being told that's what's going on. I don't have any girls playing BB but a friend does that made me aware of this and is not a member of the site so I told him I'd see what I could find out.
NDclassBdad
NDPreps Reserve

Postby NDclassBdad » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:42 pm

Sorry I was not very clear in my response..... House rented in new district, former home in old district still owned and same jobs, back at "old" house daily.
NDclassBdad
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Flip » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:43 pm

NDclassBdad wrote:From what I'm being told that's what's going on. I don't have any girls playing BB but a friend does that made me aware of this and is not a member of the site so I told him I'd see what I could find out.

there were 2 questions, which one were you answering?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:45 pm

NDclassBdad wrote:Sorry I was not very clear in my response..... House rented in new district, former home in old district still owned and same jobs, back at "old" house daily.

NDHSAA rules say that the "old" house must be vacated and put up on the market, if I am not mistaken.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby NDclassBdad » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:49 pm

NDclassBdad wrote:Sorry I was not very clear in my response..... House rented in new district, former home in old district still owned and same jobs, back at "old" house daily.
NDclassBdad
NDPreps Reserve

Postby LBC » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:49 am

Eligibility at the Varsity level remains in "Old" school. If students transfer to new town, they are not eligible for varsity competition for 180 days from date of transfer unless "Old" house is vacated "Lock, stock,and barrel."
LBC
NDPreps Reserve

Postby NDclassBdad » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:45 am

Thank you for the input....I will pass it along.
NDclassBdad
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Flip » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:24 am

LBC wrote:Eligibility at the Varsity level remains in "Old" school. If students transfer to new town, they are not eligible for varsity competition for 180 days from date of transfer unless "Old" house is vacated "Lock, stock,and barrel."

Late 90s when I was in HS we had a family move to our town towards the end of FB season. The one boy played 2 or 3 FB games and went on to wrestle. Family rented a house for 3-4 years in our town, but kept their old house. The parents lived and worked in our town. After 3-4 years they moved back to their original town. Should that have been allowed?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:39 pm

Flip wrote:
LBC wrote:Eligibility at the Varsity level remains in "Old" school. If students transfer to new town, they are not eligible for varsity competition for 180 days from date of transfer unless "Old" house is vacated "Lock, stock,and barrel."

Late 90s when I was in HS we had a family move to our town towards the end of FB season. The one boy played 2 or 3 FB games and went on to wrestle. Family rented a house for 3-4 years in our town, but kept their old house. The parents lived and worked in our town. After 3-4 years they moved back to their original town. Should that have been allowed?

doesnt sound like it.....Statutes of limitations is now the question haha
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:58 pm

Flip wrote:

Yes. That would have been allowed at the time. The rule change regarding transfers is fairly new.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Return to Girls