Top players half way point

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Top players half way point

Postby balla45 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:10 pm

radball wrote:mediaball, I agree, they do make a excellent pair, they do have excellent range.

Which Division 1 school do you scout for?
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:29 pm

Flip wrote:Since there is a lot of Thompson talk ITT what should I expect to see if I watch them play Larimore tonight?

I went to the game and I did see a division 2 scout there. MSUM assistant coach was there. Nobody stood out to me as someone that could play division 1 basketball.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby tommykramer » Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:00 pm

Flying Wallenda wrote:
radball wrote:mediaball, I agree, they do make a excellent pair, they do have excellent range.

Who did you see them play? And are you going to answer my questions or not?

I doubt that he'll answer the question, why would he be at their game, not quite the D1 ACC material that Sophomore from Thompson is... Radball, can you name anyone in the last 30 years from ND that played D1? Don't cheat and look at other forums on here, just off the top of your head name me some girls from ND that went on to play D1.
tommykramer
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:19 am

tommykramer wrote:
Flying Wallenda wrote:

Who did you see them play? And are you going to answer my questions or not?

I doubt that he'll answer the question, why would he be at their game, not quite the D1 ACC material that Sophomore from Thompson is... Radball, can you name anyone in the last 30 years from ND that played D1? Don't cheat and look at other forums on here, just off the top of your head name me some girls from ND that went on to play D1.

That's such an easy question but I bet he wouldn't even come close to getting it right. I can name a handful actually :lol:
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby triplebbb » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:36 pm

Katie Mogen, sophomore from Watford City scored her 1000th point tonight against Hazen. Wolves are 14-3.
Congrats.
triplebbb
NDPreps Starter

Postby radball » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:59 am

Justine Stremik(sp) N. Dame,,Jessica Kielpinski(sp) I think New Mexico ?? Holly Johnson NDSU,,,
Side note: Does anyone know who got invited to that Flying Hawaiian Classic from ND ? Heard its a excellent camp. Word is they(or whomever, have invited student athletes to go.) Congrats Kaie Mogen.
radball
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flip » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:57 pm

So zero ND players in the ACC?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby bequickdonthurry » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:11 am

radball wrote:.... that Flying Hawaiian Classic from ND ? Heard its a excellent camp....

It's a for-profit organization that offers a 'play-cation'. Any 'coach' who wants can put together a team of any 'all-star' they want and so long as they pay the fee, they go. The incentive for coaches is that if you bring enough girls, your trip is 'free'.

Not saying don't go, just recognize it for what it really is.
bequickdonthurry
NDPreps Starter

Postby radball » Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:05 pm

Most camps charge a fee to attend(can't do it for nothing), I looked up the web site and it looks like a very good place to learn new skills and very good place to show your skills to people from all parts of the country( in order to be the best, you got to play the best, and we all know girls bball their is a HUGE difference between good players and not so good,just being honest). The camps that we help with all charge and make money from them in some shape or form. Just wondering who is going from ND, heard they had some players going( not sure on that though).
radball
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:43 pm

Marx and Overby of Thompson are both attending.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flying Wallenda » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:05 pm

balla45 wrote:Marx and Overby of Thompson are both attending.

But of course.
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby gotgame43 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:08 am

others going to Hawaii classic...Hansana from north sargent, neilsen and ripplinger from Lisbon, rittenour and kahler(sp) from f-c-t, hansen from oakes...
gotgame43
NDPreps Reserve

Postby scoobyx2 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:00 pm

Nudell who is only a sophomore from Maple Valley is closing in on the school's scoring record that is currently held by her mom who was a 1st Team All-Stater and Miss Basketball candidate in the 80's.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby scoobyx2 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:07 pm

radball wrote:Most camps charge a fee to attend(can't do it for nothing), I looked up the web site and it looks like a very good place to learn new skills and very good place to show your skills to people from all parts of the country( in order to be the best, you got to play the best, and we all know girls bball their is a HUGE difference between good players and not so good,just being honest). The camps that we help with all charge and make money from them in some shape or form. Just wondering who is going from ND, heard they had some players going( not sure on that though).

Its a nice opportunity for a lot of kids to go to Hawaii and play some ball, but I don't think its extremely competitive. The Phenom program plays a more competitive schedule, and their schedule will probably get you better look at strong players.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby radball » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:58 am

Well either way, the kids have a good chance at something new and to possibly meet connections that might pay off in the long run, and learn new skills, and possibly see even better bball down the future. Good luck to them all.
radball
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsphenom » Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:20 pm

I would like to know Radball's thoughts on the state tournament so far. If Thompson is so great, seeded #2, has(supposedly) one of the so called best players in the state, then why are they in the 7/8 place game at state?!?!
sportsphenom
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Flip » Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:47 pm

sportsphenom wrote:I would like to know Radball's thoughts on the state tournament so far. If Thompson is so great, seeded #2, has(supposedly) one of the so called best players in the state, then why are they in the 7/8 place game at state?!?!

coaching, duh.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Nodak Guy » Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:03 pm

Flip wrote:
sportsphenom wrote:I would like to know Radball's thoughts on the state tournament so far. If Thompson is so great, seeded #2, has(supposedly) one of the so called best players in the state, then why are they in the 7/8 place game at state?!?!

coaching, duh.

Hope you're not serious, as their coach was the Coach of the Year.
Nodak Guy
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Nodak Guy » Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:09 pm

bequickdonthurry wrote:
radball wrote:.... that Flying Hawaiian Classic from ND ? Heard its a excellent camp....

It's a for-profit organization that offers a 'play-cation'. Any 'coach' who wants can put together a team of any 'all-star' they want and so long as they pay the fee, they go. The incentive for coaches is that if you bring enough girls, your trip is 'free'.

Not saying don't go, just recognize it for what it really is.

That Flying Hawaiian Classic is a joke. A ton of kids are recruited to go, and they only have to raise $2500 to attend. No recruiters are going to that, as its pretty much an event where they play for a few days and sit on the beach for the rest of the week. Get enough kids to commit, and the guy running it (coach) brings with the wife and family. If kids want to get discovered, go to local camps, do the AAU thing, or things like that. All Hawaii is going to reward you with is a good tan.
Nodak Guy
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:34 pm

Nodak Guy wrote:
Flip wrote:

coaching, duh.

Hope you're not serious, as their coach was the Coach of the Year.

I think this is in response to one of radball's comments earlier in the year.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby radball » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:54 pm

Well when you have 2 seniors playing bball by themselves and NOT even passing to other teammates for 5 minutes and causing over 6 TO's and those TO's lead to points on the other end, that's your answer for the first game. Second game was easy to recognize, the other team scores 12 points on you when you play zone(plus Gallager got 3 lazy play fouls) and in man to man defense tommies stole the ball away 4 times in a row that led to points, what kind of defense would you play in the 4th quarter? man to man. But he kept going back to the zone( or I think it was zone, pretty sure the girls weren't sure on what they were doing most of the time) and when you play zone, whats the most important thing to do? talk to each other, and they didn't do that and look at what happened. Oh by the way, I watched the regions champ. game, and it was obvious the seniors didn't care about the team, they refused to play team ball. The bench and underclassmen bailed them out, big time. And regarding coach of the year, you can be a good coach, but when a hand full of players refuse to listen, what do you do? I thought Shilo coach should of got it, even though they had 2 transfers/recruits, that I heard the familys are moving(anybody else hear that?)
radball
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flying Wallenda » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:06 am

radball wrote:Well when you have 2 seniors playing bball by themselves and NOT even passing to other teammates for 5 minutes and causing over 6 TO's and those TO's lead to points on the other end, that's your answer for the first game. Second game was easy to recognize, the other team scores 12 points on you when you play zone(plus Gallager got 3 lazy play fouls) and in man to man defense tommies stole the ball away 4 times in a row that led to points, what kind of defense would you play in the 4th quarter? man to man. But he kept going back to the zone( or I think it was zone, pretty sure the girls weren't sure on what they were doing most of the time) and when you play zone, whats the most important thing to do? talk to each other, and they didn't do that and look at what happened. Oh by the way, I watched the regions champ. game, and it was obvious the seniors didn't care about the team, they refused to play team ball. The bench and underclassmen bailed them out, big time. And regarding coach of the year, you can be a good coach, but when a hand full of players refuse to listen, what do you do? I thought Shilo coach should of got it, even though they had 2 transfers/recruits, that I heard the familys are moving(anybody else hear that?)

For someone with NO CONNECTIONS to Thompson as you adamantly have stated, you sure seem to get fired up about them. They didn't handle Beach's press very well in the 2nd half. Didn't see the Kidder game. Looked as though they struggled scoring. Gallagher didn't shoot well in game one. I'm guessing it was the seniors freezing out the underclassmen right? I'd love to here Brend's retort on his players "refusing to listen". Also, the DI school you recruit for must have a helluva budget or be really focused on the Tommies to keep sending you to all of the Thompson girls games.
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby radball » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:57 pm

Wallenda, I've been to 5 including state, missed the first quarter of one of them to. You must not kept close numbers on TO"s in the first game, Gallagher and Weber had TO's in 5 minutes that where under the basket mostly and then they ran down and scored, press only caused I think 2 of them. They started to play hog ball, or pad stats ball. it was quite obvious. the last game they played team ball and won.
radball
NDPreps Starter

Postby minotguy715 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:53 pm

radball wrote:Wallenda, I've been to 5 including state, missed the first quarter of one of them to. You must not kept close numbers on TO"s in the first game, Gallagher and Weber had TO's in 5 minutes that where under the basket mostly and then they ran down and scored, press only caused I think 2 of them. They started to play hog ball, or pad stats ball. it was quite obvious. the last game they played team ball and won.

I guess they started to play 'hog' ball after they had a 16 pt lead at half, heck with the team ball that got us 16 pt lead........yep they on purpose kept ball out of everyone elses hands.........I didn't see no padding stats going on, Gallegher had 3 TO in the whole game and Weber 2........so much for that argument........Weber did have a poor shooting game, but a lot of kids did in the cavernous Fargodome.............If they hogged the ball, the shooting stats don't show it, between Gallegher and Weber they took 35 shots, out of 64, I'd have my best 2 players taking 55+% of my shots too. Weber and Gallegher were over their avg for rebounds , but Marx was under her avg for rebounds.........so I definitely see a bias on your part, or almost a dislike because your team lost. I say your team, because almost all your posts are about Thompson. I am not a Thompson supporter, but I hate to see the unreasonable tearing down of their 2 best players.
minotguy715
NDPreps Reserve

Postby momofathletes » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:57 pm

radball wrote:Wallenda, I've been to 5 including state, missed the first quarter of one of them to. You must not kept close numbers on TO"s in the first game, Gallagher and Weber had TO's in 5 minutes that where under the basket mostly and then they ran down and scored, press only caused I think 2 of them. They started to play hog ball, or pad stats ball. it was quite obvious. the last game they played team ball and won.

Wow. so, Radball at the beginning of the season you were bashing any team that wasn't Thompson, then you were bashing individual players that weren't from Thompson, and now you have gone so low as to bash your own Thompson players as well as the coach. Stay classy, pal, stay classy. I am sure if they got the ball into your favorite Tommy's hands on every possession the outcomes of the games would have been different.
There's No Crying in Basketball
momofathletes
NDPreps Starter

Previous

Return to Girls