2013-14 Polls

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: 2013-14 Polls

Postby scoobyx2 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:34 am

I love seeing a tiny school like Maple Valley up in the Top 4!
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndlionsfan » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:21 am

I'm surprised L-E jumped so much and that Rugby got a vote. They had two great upsets last week, though.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Sportsrube » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:22 am

scoobyx2 wrote:I love seeing a tiny school like Maple Valley up in the Top 4!

Now, now, comments like that will get Heimer all upset again!
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby scoobyx2 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:31 am

Sportsrube wrote:
scoobyx2 wrote:I love seeing a tiny school like Maple Valley up in the Top 4!

Now, now, comments like that will get Heimer all upset again!

A school like MV is what makes Class B fun. No guarantees, no transfers, no big housing developments, and they work hard to compete even during the rough years. A trip to the State B would mean the world to this school, but if not, they aren't going to claim its because of the numbers. They sit right between big towns like Valley City and Casselton, and can field a team every year.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Flying Wallenda » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:59 am

ndlionsfan wrote:I'm surprised L-E jumped so much and that Rugby got a vote. They had two great upsets last week, though.

LE lost to Ryan/Thompson/Valley City/ and North Star without Freije and New Town with a hurt Freije for 2 quarters. I'm guessing when the poller saw them paste #6 Rolla they took notice.
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby radball » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:52 pm

I believe Freije played the full game against Thompson and was held to less than 14 points I think.
radball
NDPreps Starter

Postby rains32 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:58 pm

They also were up by 13 at one point in the second half and couldn't finish the deal. A good scout should know a great player is more then a big boxscore.
rains32
NDPreps Starter

Postby momofathletes » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:13 pm

radball wrote:I believe Freije played the full game against Thompson and was held to less than 14 points I think.

I am sure the only way this could have happened is if your favorite Tommy "shut her down" the whole game, even when they were playing zone.
There's No Crying in Basketball
momofathletes
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flying Wallenda » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:14 pm

radball wrote:I believe Freije played the full game against Thompson and was held to less than 14 points I think.

HAHAHAHAHA! I should have figured that radball would jump all over that one. I wasn't at the game "scouting", I did talk to a radio broadcaster who did the game and said Freije missed about 10 3-5 footers and could have had about 30 that night. Also said LE did blow a big lead. But I'm guessing the sophomore ms. basketball from Thompson was responsible for both of those correct? And don't say "you believe" she played a full game, you were there scouting remember??
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby Flying Wallenda » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:19 pm

rains32 wrote:They also were up by 13 at one point in the second half and couldn't finish the deal. A good scout should know a great player is more then a big boxscore.

Good pt rain. Also, according to radball points are meaningless because "everyone can score", but of course that's only if they are playing someone besides Thompson, because when they are playing Thompson points mean a lot because the best player is always shut down by radballs favorite player. What a joke. So in a nutshell, had Freije had 13 pts, 18 rebounds and 9 assists vs anyone besides Thompson that would have been a good game. But versus Thompson that's aweful, and she was single handidly shut down by radballs favorite player. Ya see, in radballs world, that's how it works.
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby B-oldtimer » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:40 pm

LE Vs. Thompson was at very beginning of the season for both teams. I was there LE pretty much controlled the game for first 3 quarters and into the 4 th quarter LE got physically tired missed several ducks down the clutch that would have sealed game for them. Give Thompson credit they played hard and came through in clutch down at the end of the game. I believe both these teams have improved immensely from then so it would be very close game if they should meet again. Thompson has much easier path to state than LE does. Region 4 is loaded with talent in both district 7 and 8 with Northstar, Rolla, Carrington, and LE besides Rollete, Fourwinds, and Harvey WC that can put good game together that could possibility upset anyone of the above team on given night.
B-oldtimer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby DiggerDan » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:45 pm

Flying Wallenda wrote:LE lost to Ryan/Thompson/Valley City/ and North Star without Freije and New Town with a hurt Freije for 2 quarters.

I took radball's comment to simply mean that Freije played the entire game against Thompson, which she did. You could interpret the quote he/she was responding to to read that she did not i.e., Freije didn't play against Ryan/Thompson/Valley City/and North Star.

From radball's earlier posts, he/she is perhaps deserving of a little piling on. However, it bothers me that the "favorite player", so to speak, seems to get drawn into it as well.
DiggerDan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Flying Wallenda » Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:16 pm

DiggerDan wrote:
Flying Wallenda wrote:LE lost to Ryan/Thompson/Valley City/ and North Star without Freije and New Town with a hurt Freije for 2 quarters.

I took radball's comment to simply mean that Freije played the entire game against Thompson, which she did. You could interpret the quote he/she was responding to to read that she did not i.e., Freije didn't play against Ryan/Thompson/Valley City/and North Star.

From radball's earlier posts, he/she is perhaps deserving of a little piling on. However, it bothers me that the "favorite player", so to speak, seems to get drawn into it as well.

Find fault with radball. He's the one who's lied to the whole board. And yes, the only game Freije missed was all of Northstar and part of New Town of the games they lost. And as I've mentioned before, my biggest beef with radball is that he's making a bad situation for a girl that doesn't deserve it. And by me saying favorite player doesn't mean I'm putting down. She's quality. Radball isn't.
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby Flying Wallenda » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:21 pm

B-oldtimer wrote:LE Vs. Thompson was at very beginning of the season for both teams. I was there LE pretty much controlled the game for first 3 quarters and into the 4 th quarter LE got physically tired missed several ducks down the clutch that would have sealed game for them. Give Thompson credit they played hard and came through in clutch down at the end of the game. I believe both these teams have improved immensely from then so it would be very close game if they should meet again. Thompson has much easier path to state than LE does. Region 4 is loaded with talent in both district 7 and 8 with Northstar, Rolla, Carrington, and LE besides Rollete, Fourwinds, and Harvey WC that can put good game together that could possibility upset anyone of the above team on given night.

I believe Northstar and LE are the favorites...flip a coin. I think Carrington and HWC could pull an upset. Rolla, FW & Rollete could probably as well but in my opinion that would be a big upset.
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby Huntfish1 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:56 pm

I have now seen all these teams play, and most of them twice. This is how I see it.

LE is the definate favorite at this time, about the onyly top team that is healthy.

Northstar #2 but with Heisler dealing with an injury, I would think it will be difficult unless she is 100%.

Rolla #3, I know they just lost two games last week, and one of those huge to LE. However I did see this game and it was much closer than it appeared. LE had a 20 point lead at the end of the 1st, and Rolla cut it to 9 i believe at halftime. They then got it down to under 5 about half ways through the 3rd and Vandal started to cramp (she went down with 5 Minutes to go in the 4th and did not play again, that is when LE really ended the game). No luck getting past 1st round of Regionals without a healthy Vandal. Not sure what happened against Rugby.

Carrington #4, could be #2 if the health issues stay the same.

Have to give the nod to HWC for #5 over Rolette/Wolford at this time, just because Selvig is out with a concussion, not sure if she will return or not.
Huntfish1
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Flying Wallenda » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:21 pm

Huntfish1 wrote:I have now seen all these teams play, and most of them twice. This is how I see it.

LE is the definate favorite at this time, about the onyly top team that is healthy.

Northstar #2 but with Heisler dealing with an injury, I would think it will be difficult unless she is 100%.

Rolla #3, I know they just lost two games last week, and one of those huge to LE. However I did see this game and it was much closer than it appeared. LE had a 20 point lead at the end of the 1st, and Rolla cut it to 9 i believe at halftime. They then got it down to under 5 about half ways through the 3rd and Vandal started to cramp (she went down with 5 Minutes to go in the 4th and did not play again, that is when LE really ended the game). No luck getting past 1st round of Regionals without a healthy Vandal. Not sure what happened against Rugby.

Have to give the nod to HWC for #5 over Rolette/Wolford at this time, just because Selvig is out with a concussion, not sure if she will return or not.

How bad is Heisler hurt/what's wrong with her? Is Freije 100%?
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby Huntfish1 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:21 am

Heisler has a severe cut on her leg, sounds like she will try to play at districts, but saw her at boys regionals and she still had a significant limp (wish her the best, if you love basketball, you want to see all teams at full strength at this time of year).

Freije may not be at 100% yet, but the ankle did not seem to bother her in the Rolla game.
Huntfish1
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Flying Wallenda » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:29 am

Huntfish1 wrote:Heisler has a severe cut on her leg, sounds like she will try to play at districts, but saw her at boys regionals and she still had a significant limp (wish her the best, if you love basketball, you want to see all teams at full strength at this time of year).

Freije may not be at 100% yet, but the ankle did not seem to bother her in the Rolla game.

Wow, nasty, how did Heisler get cut? You're right, every team wants to earn it against the best.
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby radball » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:06 pm

I'm looking at my post, and I can't find where I put a specific name in(yes I have in the past, just like other people have put specific names in). Just wondering what happens when you have a person that has a high average of points(lets say 25) and your team holds them to(lets say 13 or less) and the team puts up more points(lets say 12) than the other team. What usually happens? Everyone gets so fixed on a individual's POINTS, that they never look at the defensive side of that person. My self like to look at the defensive side of the ball and when its a close game who is going to step up and get a stop or key position.,,,, I hope that Heisler is ok, I hope everyone is in the best shape come this weekend. And I wish everyone good luck!
radball
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flying Wallenda » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:30 pm

radball wrote:I took radball's comment to simply mean that Freije played the entire game against Thompson, which she did. You could interpret the quote he/she was responding to to read that she did not i.e., Freije didn't play against Ryan/Thompson/Valley City/and North Star.

I'm looking at my post, and I can't find where I put a specific name in(yes I have in the past, just like other people have put specific names in). Just wondering what happens when you have a person that has a high average of points(lets say 25) and your team holds them to(lets say 13 or less) and the team puts up more points(lets say 12) than the other team. What usually happens? Everyone gets so fixed on a individual's POINTS, that they never look at the defensive side of that person. My self like to look at the defensive side of the ball and when its a close game who is going to step up and get a stop or key position.,,,, I hope that Heisler is ok, I hope everyone is in the best shape come this weekend. And I wish everyone good luck!

This is probably the best post you've had Radball, because you mentioned a TEAM holding player down, not one person. You mentioned having a fixation for the defensive side of the ball. I do as well. I realize though that the BEST defense is TEAM defense. That's how good players get stopped. Good offensive players will score 1 on 1. Good offensive players get stopped by a good 1 on 1 defender SUPPORTED by good helping TEAM defense. You also didn't go into your other single player promoting agendas. Good for you! You're growing as a NDPREPS poster :wink:
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby Flying Wallenda » Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:21 pm

radball wrote:I took radball's comment to simply mean that Freije played the entire game against Thompson, which she did. You could interpret the quote he/she was responding to to read that she did not i.e., Freije didn't play against Ryan/Thompson/Valley City/and North Star.

One final thing Radball, the girl from Thompson that you are a huge fan of is a DYNAMITE defender. Obviously one of the best in region 2. But she hasn't single handily shut down nearly every good player she's faced as you've seemed to say over and over. But I think I and several others on this board have beaten that horse.
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby vikingman » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:54 am

Flying Wallenda wrote:Wow, nasty, how did Heisler get cut? You're right, every team wants to earn it against the best.

she slipped on the ice outside her house and landed on a piece of metal. She played last night for the first time since the accident and seemed to be reasonably mobile.
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Postby NodakQ2 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:33 pm

Huntfish1 wrote:I have now seen all these teams play, and most of them twice. This is how I see it.

Curious to what your thoughts are now that LE got beat by New Rockford in the Districts. I know DIstricts mean nothing and LE will be in the Region but wow...I didn't see that coming. Freje appeared healthy, but New Rockford 'chased' her the whole game and she finally scored with 4 minutes to go in the game. She ended with 4 points.

I also see Heisler had 20+ points in their DIstrict game last night, so IMO North Star is healthy AND the CLEAR favorite in this region. There are probably 6 teams capable of coming out of Region 4, but as I see it... North Star has to be the favorite.

At least half the teams in the REgional Tournament were either ranked or are currenlty ranked and 6 or 7 of them have at least gotten votes. SHould be a great tournament.
NodakQ2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Huntfish1 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:34 am

This is what is great about High School basketball. NRS upsets Lakota/Edmore.

I will stay with my picks however, putting LE as the top dog.

Heisler really gutted it out on Saturday night (give her lots of credit). She played well, but still didn't look 100% to me. This really makes tonights District 8 championship game huge. I don't think Northstar or Rolla want to meet up with LE in the opening round.

NRS, props to you!!!

I didn't see the game against NRS and LE, but the young girl from Thompson must of transferred to NRS to shut down Frieje the way they did.
Huntfish1
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Flying Wallenda » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:10 am

Huntfish1 wrote:This is what is great about High School basketball. NRS upsets Lakota/Edmore.

I will stay with my picks however, putting LE as the top dog.

Heisler really gutted it out on Saturday night (give her lots of credit). She played well, but still didn't look 100% to me. This really makes tonights District 8 championship game huge. I don't think Northstar or Rolla want to meet up with LE in the opening round.

NRS, props to you!!!

I didn't see the game against NRS and LE, but the young girl from Thompson must of transferred to NRS to shut down Frieje the way they did.

HAHAHAHAHA! Nice one Huntfish!
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Previous

Return to Girls