Top teams and players for 13-14 season

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Top teams and players for 13-14 season

Postby Jack8 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:43 am

Just wondering what the thoughts were of everyone on each regions
Jack8
NDPreps Starter

Re: Top teams and players for 13-14 season

Postby packers21 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:50 am

Thompson and Bishop Ryan for the state title
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby The Schwab » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:54 am

Don't count out Beach
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby 14OldSchool » Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:27 pm

Shiloh Christian has upgraded to Skyhawk 2.0. They were good before, but the addition of the New Town transfers should make Minot Ryan's chances of repeating as ND State champs that much tougher. My guess is that Ryan and Shiloh go 1-2 all year long (barring injuries). Both squads are loaded with kids who are skilled and very athletic, have all sorts of tourney experience on teams that are used to winning, and have good coaches. Sounds like a recipe for success to me.

These will be fun teams to watch. Humble opinion only
"You are in the Army. You're in my Army. Everyday between three and five." - Coach Norman Dale
14OldSchool
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:34 pm

Top Returning Teams (IMO)

Region 1 - Central Cass, Maple Valley
Region 2 - Thompson
Region 3 - Napoleon, Ellendale, Linton-HMB
Region 4 - North Star, Lakota/Edmore, Carrington
Region 5 - Shiloh Christian, Grant County
Region 6 - Bishop Ryan
Region 7 - Beach, Dickinson Trinity
Region 8 - Parshall, New Town
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby The Schwab » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:43 pm

IMO if you're going to include Trinity for 7 I would put Bowman in there as well, because I consider them 2a and 2b. I however don't feel that anyone is on the level of Beach in Region 7
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:55 pm

The Schwab wrote:IMO if you're going to include Trinity for 7 I would put Bowman in there as well, because I consider them 2a and 2b. I however don't feel that anyone is on the level of Beach in Region 7

I was considering it when I made that post. These thoughts are based off of just common knowledge...haven't done my research yet (it's still FB season)
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby The Schwab » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:56 pm

I completely understand. I feel that in Region 7 Beach is head and shoulders above anyone else.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby 2ClassND » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:57 am

Region 8

Stanley
Watford City
Parshall
New Town
2ClassND
NDPreps Rookie

Postby EHS1998 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:35 pm

Region 3

Ellendale
Linton HMB
Kidder County
Napoleon
Lamoure
South Border
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:47 pm

I see on twitter Hannah Stewart will play AAU basketball with North Tartan next year.

North Tartan
‏@NorthTartan
ND H Stewart welcome to the North Tartan Family #ntfamily
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby playedalittle » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:13 am

ANY IDEA
With a talented pool of class B girls in the state, has anyone heard on who may be going where?
Any thoughts on the level they can play?
I believe that Breske (Central Cass) is at NDSU.
Thanks
playedalittle
NDPreps Reserve

Postby radball » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:35 am

If Thompson plays as a team and develops a leader on the court this year, they will be hard to beat, so athletic and they have the potential best player in the state as a sophomore(freshmen last year), all depends if the coach doesn't hold her back this year. The seniors are primed for good year and have good talent, just needs to accept the team as a whole, (watching film last year, they purposely avoided the younger players at the beginning of the season). Baring injury and individual play,tommies have a legit chance to win state this year. I'm bias towards tommies because I like to see the little towns beat power house team that should be in "A", no matter what town it is. Did anybody else see the disaster of a vball tourney in minot? what a joke they had for a setup. They need to fix that asap!
radball
NDPreps Starter

Postby airmail » Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:22 pm

I see in a couple of places on the board mentioning Thompson's S. Marx being a great player, and was perhaps held back a bit last year. I'll share my personal thoughts for your entertainment...

Thompson Girls BB is sort of unique in that they are very senior laden... and 4 in that class of girls have been together on varsity since 8th grade. While that can be a great thing, it makes for some troublesome chemistry when over the course of time, some players peak and some develop at a different pace. And when younger girls get thrown in the mix, there will be some territorial protection going on.

Marx without question was a key element in Thompson getting to state - that much is plain to see.
What people don't always see is that she was mature enough to handle what needed to be done to keep the team chemistry together, and accept a role as the 6th man to last year's group of starting juniors. I'm quite sure she was the only all-district player in the state that started games on the bench - but the fact that she did it shows her level of maturity and makes her that much more valuable as a player and as a teammate.

Anyway, just providing some insight on why it may appear the coach "held her back" last season. I see her assuming a starting role this year, and some older players will have to deal with it. But in the end, I guess only the coach knows at this point how it will play out. I'm VERY curious to see who starts this weekend for the green and white in Minot.
airmail
NDPreps Starter

Postby radball » Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:31 pm

Airmail, we heard that one senior is hurt and will not play right away in the season. We think its the one that got hurt at state vball, if that's the case, Thompson has a big hill to climb at Bishop Ryan, tomorrow. If Tommies can play as a team, I think they will win state this year. Last year at the 3rd place game, SMarx had 14 boards and couple steals and I think like 8 points to, and 6 assist I think(as a guard!). She played all but 4 minutes to. And according to vball film of state and her state track results, she is taller now 5-8(it says,but looked taller) and she is stronger than last year to, and we assume she is faster,based on her track times. The thing we are most impressed with is her smarts and things don't bother her on the court. She has leadership skills to, which that team NEEDS!! That team, just needs to play AS A TEAM and good things will happen.They also have a very good bench, that sophomore class has serious talent.
radball
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:00 am

radball wrote:Airmail, we heard that one senior is hurt and will not play right away in the season. We think its the one that got hurt at state vball, if that's the case, Thompson has a big hill to climb at Bishop Ryan, tomorrow. If Tommies can play as a team, I think they will win state this year. Last year at the 3rd place game, SMarx had 14 boards and couple steals and I think like 8 points to, and 6 assist I think(as a guard!). She played all but 4 minutes to. And according to vball film of state and her state track results, she is taller now 5-8(it says,but looked taller) and she is stronger than last year to, and we assume she is faster,based on her track times. The thing we are most impressed with is her smarts and things don't bother her on the court. She has leadership skills to, which that team NEEDS!! That team, just needs to play AS A TEAM and good things will happen.They also have a very good bench, that sophomore class has serious talent.

Who do you scout for?
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flying Wallenda » Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:32 pm

radball wrote:Airmail, we heard that one senior is hurt and will not play right away in the season. We think its the one that got hurt at state vball, if that's the case, Thompson has a big hill to climb at Bishop Ryan, tomorrow. If Tommies can play as a team, I think they will win state this year. Last year at the 3rd place game, SMarx had 14 boards and couple steals and I think like 8 points to, and 6 assist I think(as a guard!). She played all but 4 minutes to. And according to vball film of state and her state track results, she is taller now 5-8(it says,but looked taller) and she is stronger than last year to, and we assume she is faster,based on her track times. The thing we are most impressed with is her smarts and things don't bother her on the court. She has leadership skills to, which that team NEEDS!! That team, just needs to play AS A TEAM and good things will happen.They also have a very good bench, that sophomore class has serious talent.

In another thread you mentioned how poor Minot's facility was for state VB, so you're not fooling anyone with the "vball film of state", obviously you were there. Nearly every post you have on this site is about Thompson and Marx in particular. Obviously you are from Thompson, a relative or friend of Marx, her family, etc. You know all of her stats/time's she's guarded other players-how much they scored, etc...no one's buying the DI scout thing. DI scouts have better things to do then come on a message board and continually post about one of their recruits. That being said, she's going to have a very good year. I've met the kid and she seems like a very likable, humble person, and excellent athlete. Coach Brend know's what he's doing as well.
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby radball » Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:38 pm

Umm,, film shows the minot facility, and anybody can see how the courts were RIGHT NEXT to each other with no divider and very poorly run on regards to the games timing. And no not a family member. Actually scouting for a ACC conference(do you know florida state has scouts that live in Oregon?), No need to disclose. Not to often do you see a Midwest talent and that's why we are focused on her. Anyway , we highly respect Coach Brend, but against Bishop, when you give up over 10 points in the first quarter on a full court press, you may want to pressing, we honestly think TT would have won if they stopped pressing. Regarding stats, that's what scouts do. But your right I do spend to much time on these post, just trying to get insight on other players. By the looks of things on this site, people are overlooking excellent people for bball. Good luck to ALL players this season.
radball
NDPreps Starter

Postby tommykramer » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:30 pm

radball wrote:Umm,, film shows the minot facility, and anybody can see how the courts were RIGHT NEXT to each other with no divider and very poorly run on regards to the games timing. And no not a family member. Actually scouting for a ACC conference(do you know florida state has scouts that live in Oregon?), No need to disclose. Not to often do you see a Midwest talent and that's why we are focused on her. Anyway , we highly respect Coach Brend, but against Bishop, when you give up over 10 points in the first quarter on a full court press, you may want to pressing, we honestly think TT would have won if they stopped pressing. Regarding stats, that's what scouts do. But your right I do spend to much time on these post, just trying to get insight on other players. By the looks of things on this site, people are overlooking excellent people for bball. Good luck to ALL players this season.

Umm, pretty sure if you did scout for a ACC conference, it would be for AN ACC conference. Second of all, she came in off the bench last year and the coach held her back, yet she is being scouted by an ACC school??? Pretty sure if MR. Brend had an ACC caliber basketball player on his team, he could find a place for her in the starting line-up, and where exactly would any ACC school get a lead on a girl that didn't even start for a small town North Dakota girls basketball team? I havn't posted on here in a while, but RADBALL you are funny.
tommykramer
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flying Wallenda » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:30 pm

radball wrote:Umm,, film shows the minot facility, and anybody can see how the courts were RIGHT NEXT to each other with no divider and very poorly run on regards to the games timing. And no not a family member. Actually scouting for a ACC conference(do you know florida state has scouts that live in Oregon?), No need to disclose. Not to often do you see a Midwest talent and that's why we are focused on her. Anyway , we highly respect Coach Brend, but against Bishop, when you give up over 10 points in the first quarter on a full court press, you may want to pressing, we honestly think TT would have won if they stopped pressing. Regarding stats, that's what scouts do. But your right I do spend to much time on these post, just trying to get insight on other players. By the looks of things on this site, people are overlooking excellent people for bball. Good luck to ALL players this season.

So let me get this straight. You watched FILM of the girls state VOLLEYBALL tournament of the Thompson Tommie's simply because you're scouting a sophomore who's never started for a HS varsity girls basketball team for an ACC school? WOW! Probably common practice for DI scouts I imagine :)
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby balla45 » Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:38 am

You do know that all of the moderators can see your i.p. address information. Right?
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:58 am

the lulz in this post never end, but I'll bring up one more. There is no way there would be more than one scout from one school at this game.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby HONKER » Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:34 am

UMM, WOW!
HONKER
NDPreps Starter

Postby fandb » Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:58 pm

Report from Ryan vs. Thompson
Thompson battled, Ryan was horrible, tight, turnover fest, poor freethrow shooting.
Turned on key in 4th quarter and played better, outscoring Tommies fairly scarily.
fandb
NDPreps Starter

Return to Girls