Dakota Prairie

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby the unknown » Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:28 am

For one the DP fans like Coach Forde and im sure weren't yelling at him. and also you shouldn't go by what you hear and write it on here, maybe if you were they and had heard what was going on it would be a different story, but you werent!! I for one was at the game and they reffing= CRAPPY!
the unknown

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:50 am

Dont blame the reffing on a loss, a loss is a loss. Better now than in the Districts or Regionals.  And by the way "the unknown," how many user names do you need to register?
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby foreversioux » Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:52 am

No, I'd say the DP loss to AE was the Knights beating themselves...Not playing defense, not attacking the ball and hustling.  The girls looked much better the next game, but were also playing a team that was not as tough as Adams-Edmore.  The re-match will be interesting.  January 9th in Adams. 

My question is how in the world did AE get seeded below a couple of the other tourney teams?  Stacy Nygaard is awesome and I am thrilled that she got MVP.  Much deserved. 

foreversioux

Postby Diamond D » Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:22 am

Wow.   "the unknown".  Re-read my posts.  I never said DP doesn't like Steve Forde, so don't try putting words in my mouth.  All I said was I was told by another coach who happened to be at the game who stated that "some" DP fans (of which he believed were Tolna people" were bashing the refs and some were bashing Forde, the coach.  Maybe it was one person from Tolna.  Maybe it was somebody from Petersburg and he thought that person was from Tolna.  He just said that the language was pretty bad.  Doesn't mean I discount the team or anything.

By your response you have confirmed your attitude on the reffing as a DP supporter.

Before anyone else comes after me.  I like DP.  Great team with great athletes.  Steve Forde is one of the best in the game today.   Good luck to them on the rest of their season.  I am sure the game on the 9th will be a good re-match.

Diamond D

Postby foreversioux » Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:44 am

We do seem to have a "rep" for being tuff on the refs.  Our fans and parents are great for following the team.  We maybe get so into the game that we forget how hard it is to referee and coach.  In the stands we have a different view and our voicing of this view may come out pretty harsh at times. 

I'd be the first to apologize for any swearing or abusive language that has gone on.  No place for that type of "voicing" of opinion.  EVER!

I did have an un-biased spectator (DL - Class A parent) tell me after DP's Saturday game that they saw what looked like unfair, negative bias against DP in some of the ref's calls(one ref in particular)....Not right, but retaliation?  I don't know. 

Something to think about as athletes, parents and fans.

foreversioux

Postby Diamond D » Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:02 pm

"I did have an un-biased spectator (DL - Class A parent) tell me after DP's Saturday game that they saw what looked like unfair, negative bias against DP in some of the ref's calls(one ref in particular)....Not right, but retaliation?"

I had heard that from a few now here in DL that saw the game. One said it was almost too obvious.  This should be a good matchup when they meet again.
Diamond D

Postby rkmt » Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:22 pm

Hey - playing with a target on your back is tough.  I think refs do one of the toughest jobs in the world, but I think there is bias even if it is unintentional.  It could have been DP's ranking, or it could have DP's rep for being tough on refs.  Either way, it will be something they will have to overcome, but good enough teams do.  As for DP's crowd, I left a DP boys game once and made a comment on how bad some of their crowd was, but then I got home and looked in the mirror and shut up.  I've been that bad many a time.  Sometimes emotions take over.  DP is admirable in that they really come out for the team (and not every year has been a good year), they care about the success of the team and community.  Yeah, they get a little emotional, but I've been stuck in a crowd that was catatonic if they showed up at all - for girls' sports anyway.  That really not cool.  Give me DP's anyday. 
rkmt
NDPreps Starter

Postby baller23 » Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:33 pm

About the Tolna crowd being loud and harsh on the refs and Coach Forde...(Dianmond D...you werent there to see the game and HEARD that they were bashing the refs and the coach.) As you can tell by the posts he wasnt there and was saying sutff that he had no proof but some friend the wsa there and he had heard from! No offense to Diamond D...but maybe you shouldn't go saying stuff that you have no proof of.

baller23
NDPreps Reserve

Postby the unknown » Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:11 pm

i NEVER said the reffing lost the game...im just saying it wasnt the best of reffing...obviously the girls lost it..no the refs DUH
the unknown

Postby baseball » Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:16 pm

I dont know how the reffing works up in that area of the state, but where i come from it seems that the higher ranked team seems to get more of the calls.   It seems that the underdog has to overcome more then just a more talented team to win but also a few calls.  Not that its so obvious, jsut some touch fouls and close out of bounce calls and such.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Diamond D » Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:27 pm

Geez baller 23.  I think I have clarified it about 3 times now that my post was hear-say.  If you can't get that, then you are just trying to stir the pot a little more.  Maybe trying to jump on me because you didn't agree with things I said earlier in the post??

If another coach isn't reliable enough for information, then I guess I just can't win.  Although even a post by a resident of Tolna says they have a reputation of being a tough crowd sometimes.  How come you aren't jumping on foreversioux?

Maybe this forum is just an indication of how you fans are at the games.  You don't like something, you jump all over them?  Seems the Thursday crowd showed up here doesn't it?

I just moved to the area about a year ago and watched several DP games last year.  I had a blast watching the team and Coach Forde.  Was really hoping to see you all go to state, but if all of you from DP is going to jump on me for a extremely small statement like this and get that worked up about hearsay, then maybe I should spend some money elsewhere and not come to any DP games this year.

Geeze people.  It was a small comment and even backed up by a local and you still jump all over me?  I am truly amazed.

Once again.  Good luck to DP and coach Forde on a successful season.

Diamond D

Postby rkmt » Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:11 pm

baseball wrote:I dont know how the reffing works up in that area of the state, but where i come from it seems that the higher ranked team seems to get more of the calls.   It seems that the underdog has to overcome more then just a more talented team to win but also a few calls.  Not that its so obvious, jsut some touch fouls and close out of bounce calls and such.

You are probably right about that.  I was just throwing out another possibility other than the refs treating a team unfairly if their fans are tough on them.  I guess I've seen a lot more of good teams getting all the calls.  But this case may have been different with 2 good teams playing.  A-E did go to state last year and still seems to have some talent.  Maybe they get the calls over there.
rkmt
NDPreps Starter

Postby ladyballer11 » Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:24 am

very agreed that playing with a target on your back is not easy...but now that the pressure is off and DP has a loss behind them...they're ready to play some ball..all of them...so i think its best to probably just drop it and instead of bashing players, refs, fans, etc maybe just support your teams and get ready for an exciting season!
Last edited by ladyballer11 on Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
ladyballer11

Previous

Return to Girls