13-14 Season

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: 13-14 Season

Postby Flying Wallenda » Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:57 pm

radball wrote:hi,in a way I agree, but when they listed names, I thought it was fair to put names, I originally didn't want to, but I thought, if they already listed names, whats wrong with one more. If I had to do it over again , I wouldn't have listen names. I remind people, I didn't start the list of names. Just mentioned one more, and hoped people would take time and watch a up and coming student/athlete. I remember watching a young star in SD, Eric Kline, I got a phone call from a friend in Aberdeen sd, to come up and watch him, I was in the area and watched him play(as a sophomore and later as a senior) and I truly believe to this day I was watching one of the best pure shooters ever(and a very good team player)!! and he went on to play college ball and choose to become a school administrator. But I was lucky to get a call to watch one of the best players in the country that year. You never know, just go out and enjoy the game.

Eric Kline was a beast, saw him play, he played as a true freshman at Augustana, was NCC player of the year, transferred back home to Northern and dominated. Anyway, when you said, "I thought the girl from HCV was one of the best , till that game, when shaice shut Taylor down, and help take over the game in OT", that didn't sit well with me. Calling out a kid saying she got shut down by another, etc. Not cool. FYI, the Thompson team played Henningsgard like the Pistons played Jordan in the last 80s (she drove, piles of people came to the ball), which in my view was why Thompson had success (have no idea how many she scored, etc). Thompson was the better team in my opinion regardless. I'm seeing a lot of references to South Dakota, must be the relative from down there.
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby radball » Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:41 pm

Nope responsible for the upper Midwest region, actually live in Minn. City's is where I grew up and moved to the east coast, then moved back after college, but still working for them. Phil Jackson, Mont native, went to school at Williston,ND in high school. So their is talent everywhere, just can't be afraid to look for them and encourage them to be great at whatever they choose. That Lakota team is pretty decent to, and they have a good point guard to, tall and good with the ball, I believe she is a junior, get a chance watch them play to. A player had 45 last night on Bishop. that's good vs. bishop, even though the team lost.
radball
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndlionsfan » Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:57 pm

Surprised Freije had 45 against Ryan last night. How does a post player score that much against a team with two all-state 6'2" post players?
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby packers21 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:03 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:Surprised Freije had 45 against Ryan last night. How does a post player score that much against a team with two all-state 6'2" post players?

I haven't seen Fallyn play yet this year but I did get the opportunity to see her play multiple times last year. Shes not just a post, she does everything for that team, they use her to bring the ball up the court against pressure, she can handle the ball like a guard and she can knock down the 3. Shes a complete player, one the best girls players Ive seen in awhile.
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby winner-within » Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:15 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:Surprised Freije had 45 against Ryan last night. How does a post player score that much against a team with two all-state 6'2" post players?

I actually think she went for 44 (no biggy) Freije could go for 44 any night of the season or day of the week...I played with and against her Dad and I know where she gets it from....smooth!
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndlionsfan » Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:57 pm

My point is, it's a close game and Frieje had 90% of Lakota's points. How does the Ryan coach not double team her with two 6'2" girls and not let her get a shot off and make the rest of the team beat them?
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:02 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:My point is, it's a close game and Frieje had 90% of Lakota's points. How does the Ryan coach not double team her with two 6'2" girls and not let her get a shot off and make the rest of the team beat them?

Did you see the highlights??...its like double teaming Lebron...shes unstoppable
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby wildcatfan » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:10 pm

I played with and against her Dad and I know where she gets it from....smooth!

Her Mom??????
wildcatfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby fandb » Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:09 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:My point is, it's a close game and Frieje had 90% of Lakota's points. How does the Ryan coach not double team her with two 6'2" girls and not let her get a shot off and make the rest of the team beat them?

Frieje can play. Very solid. I am not sure what your point is ndlionsfan. Dont know Ryan coaches plan, but a 15 point win is a 15 point win. I believe the lions have won 20 some in a row and won state last year? No?
fandb
NDPreps Starter

Postby vikingman » Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:37 pm

winner-within wrote:Did you see the highlights??...its like double teaming Lebron...shes unstoppable

Are the highlights on YouTube?
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndlionsfan » Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:46 pm

fandb wrote:

Frieje can play. Very solid. I am not sure what your point is ndlionsfan. Dont know Ryan coaches plan, but a 15 point win is a 15 point win. I believe the lions have won 20 some in a row and won state last year? No?

I've seen Freije play many times and know she can play. Guess I'm just more of a defense minded person and don't understand how a team with two all-state posts that have 3" on her can give up 45 points. Yes a win is a win, especially over another state tournament caliber team, but even just holding Freije to a 25 point game and they win by 30+.
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:37 pm

Not sure but maybe they just thought, make her beat us by herself and take everyone else out of the game. We will be able to score 60-70 and she won't get more than 30. Then she goes off for 45, but that may have been the game plan.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indy5 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:12 pm

fandb wrote:

The streak is actually at 33 now. Haven't lost since the opening round of state two years ago.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby radball » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:33 am

Winner-within: how many points did she have the game before that Ryan game? This last weekend I looked at the stats in the paper and she was shutdown to 12 points! 12 points is still decent, but Lakota lost that game, why? Defense wins games! After asking around and I found out who guarded her, I wasn't surprised why she was held to 12 points then. She is still a very good player. But, when ONE person guards her man to man(girl to girl), and holds her to 12 and not much of other stats either. Thats called good team defense and good shutdown defense. If you score close to your average as a team, and cut their leading scorer to under half of their avg and the rest of their team don't know how to score. well do the math.lol , then again, I love good defense and rebounding.
radball
NDPreps Starter

Postby winner-within » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:27 pm

I'm Braggin her up, givin some Love cause I know dear old Dad....she can be guarded, but it will take one of the best....she could possibly be Miss BB if Juniors could qualify....she'll be Miss BB next season.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby radball » Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:01 pm

Winner-within: How can you be miss basketball when a Sophomore shuts your down? "sign of a truly great bball player is one who, makes everyone else around them better, offense and defensively" Micheal Jordan after his second MVP , She is good as a scorer, but Miss bball should be all around game. Plus one person doesn't get you to the dance.
radball
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:38 pm

radball wrote:Winner-within: How can you be miss basketball when a Sophomore shuts your down? "sign of a truly great bball player is one who, makes everyone else around them better, offense and defensively" Micheal Jordan after his second MVP , She is good as a scorer, but Miss bball should be all around game. Plus one person doesn't get you to the dance.

What prevents you from responding to any of my posts? Also, why is it that Fallyn Freije's 45 points against the #1 ranked team is not impressive but her 12 point game against the #2 ranked team is a black mark against her? Against the top 2 teams in North Dakota, she is averaging 28.5 points per game. Let that sink in as to why many feel she may be North Dakota's top overall player.

Fallyn Freije - First Team All State Freshman

http://www.minotdailynews.com/page/cont ... l?nav=5016

Freije had a breakout freshman season. The versatile 5-11 center she averaged 21.4 points, 10.6 rebounds, 2.6 assists and 2 blocks per game and helped the Raiders to a sixth-place finish in the Class B state tournament.

"Obviously she was a huge part of everything that we did," Lakota-Adams-Edmore head coach Jon Berg said. "When she's on the floor she draws so much attention defensively, it allowed a lot of our other girls to take on bigger scoring roles than what they might have done without her. Defensively, she allows us to do a lot of different things too.

Fallyn Freije - Miss Basketball Big Show MVP

http://www.misterbasketball.com/mr-bask ... w-records/

2012 Fallyn Freije Northern Lites

Freije, an All-State selection, averaged 17.1 points per game as the Northern Lites picked up the first Big Show title for the state of South Dakota. The sophomore-to-be from Adams-Edmore HS in ND led the tournament in scoring with 120 points.

Fallyn Freije - First Team All State Sophomore

http://www.minotdailynews.com/page/cont ... 74362.html

Freije, who joins Stewart as the only underclassmen voted first team, was also a first-team selection as a freshman. The Raiders' top threat averaged 16.9 points, 9.5 rebounds and three blocks.

"This year, playing with her older sister, they had such a connection those two playing together," L-A-E coach Jon Berg said. "It's like they knew what they were going to do. Still having Fallyn coming back and everything she brings to the table is a huge building block there. Everything we do is going to be focusing on her one way or another.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:44 pm

radball wrote:Winner-within: how many points did she have the game before that Ryan game? This last weekend I looked at the stats in the paper and she was shutdown to 12 points! 12 points is still decent, but Lakota lost that game, why? Defense wins games! After asking around and I found out who guarded her, I wasn't surprised why she was held to 12 points then. She is still a very good player. But, when ONE person guards her man to man(girl to girl), and holds her to 12 and not much of other stats either. Thats called good team defense and good shutdown defense. If you score close to your average as a team, and cut their leading scorer to under half of their avg and the rest of their team don't know how to score. well do the math.lol , then again, I love good defense and rebounding.

This post is a contradiction. You stated that one person guarded Freije girl to girl, but then go on to discuss the great team defense. That does not follow any train of logic.

What you are really saying is, the Thompson team's defense was geared to stop Freije from getting the ball and making plays because she is such a good player that if she doesn't score 20-40 points, her team doesn't have a chance of winning, because her teammates are not great. How does not playing with other extremely talented players have any impact on her ability?

I think Hannah Stewart and Gabbie Bohl are both great players for Bishop Ryan, but they also benefit from playing with each other, and other good players, so teams are not allowed to focus their defense on only one of them. Can't send a triple team at Hannah Stewart or Gabbie Bohl will have 25 points herself, and vice versa.

Give credit where it is due. There are other very good players in North Dakota who are not from Thompson.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flying Wallenda » Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:39 am

radball wrote:Winner-within: how many points did she have the game before that Ryan game? This last weekend I looked at the stats in the paper and she was shutdown to 12 points! 12 points is still decent, but Lakota lost that game, why? Defense wins games! After asking around and I found out who guarded her, I wasn't surprised why she was held to 12 points then. She is still a very good player. But, when ONE person guards her man to man(girl to girl), and holds her to 12 and not much of other stats either. Thats called good team defense and good shutdown defense. If you score close to your average as a team, and cut their leading scorer to under half of their avg and the rest of their team don't know how to score. well do the math.lol , then again, I love good defense and rebounding.

Did "the person you talked to" tell you she missed about 12 gimmes vs Thompson? I'm sure not, it was just the Dennis Rodman type defense of your favorite Tommie, right? Keep up the great work super scout!
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby Flying Wallenda » Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:25 pm

One more thing, there transfer player has over 1700 career pts, so they obviously have 1 other person that hads a clue on how to put the ball in the hoop. You're so uninformed when it comes to anyone besides Marx that it's funny. Calling Freije a pt guard? Yes she can dribble but she's anything but a pt.
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby scoobyx2 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:49 am

Just for the sake of discussion, does anyone have any details on this game? I agree with "a 15 point win is a 15 point win" but allowing any player to score 44 points is pretty substantial especially when 2 or 3 all-staters are on the court.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby B-oldtimer » Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:38 pm

I saw the Thompson game at Lakota-Edmore the game was defensive struggle through whole game both teams played well. Lakota-Edmore lead by as many as 10 points until through midway 4th quarter. What I saw was that Thompson was little better shape and in the last 4 minutes game they started beating LE to ball and LE started missing easy shots down close. This was LE only second game with their first game Dakota Prairie not real test or good game to build some physical conditioning. I didn't see the Minot Ryan game but LE is just learning to play together so going up against experienced teams should help them in long run.

The Ronnigan girl is nice addition to LE with Frieje girl she can play good defense and can be just effective inside as Frieje girl. Also Hamann , Pesek, and Turner will be very effective too each can provide effective roll both defensively and offensively. I would guess Lakota-Edmore should be contending in this region and has good chance of going to state. Still long ways to go and will need to improve and learn to play together and also the new coach has added to the learning curve for coming year.
B-oldtimer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby scoobyx2 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:15 am

B-oldtimer wrote:I saw the Thompson game at Lakota-Edmore the game was defensive struggle through whole game both teams played well. Lakota-Edmore lead by as many as 10 points until through midway 4th quarter. What I saw was that Thompson was little better shape and in the last 4 minutes game they started beating LE to ball and LE started missing easy shots down close. This was LE only second game with their first game Dakota Prairie not real test or good game to build some physical conditioning. I didn't see the Minot Ryan game but LE is just learning to play together so going up against experienced teams should help them in long run.

The Ronnigan girl is nice addition to LE with Frieje girl she can play good defense and can be just effective inside as Frieje girl. Also Hamann , Pesek, and Turner will be very effective too each can provide effective roll both defensively and offensively. I would guess Lakota-Edmore should be contending in this region and has good chance of going to state. Still long ways to go and will need to improve and learn to play together and also the new coach has added to the learning curve for coming year.

Thanks for the insight!
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby leroybla » Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:20 pm

Faith Dooley had 19 blocked shots tonite (17 in the first 3 quarters) en route to a triple double against Lisbon.
leroybla
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby EHS1998 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:28 pm

leroybla wrote:Faith Dooley had 19 blocked shots tonite (17 in the first 3 quarters) en route to a triple double against Lisbon.

19 blocks = Not too shabby. WOW.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Girls