State Tourney

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Who Wins State?

Poll ended at Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:58 pm

Central Cass
19%
Thompson
12%
Napoleon
5%
Benson County
9%
Grant County
2%
Bishop Ryan
42%
Beach
2%
New Town
9%

Total votes : 43

Re: State Tourney

Postby ndlionsfan » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:23 am

Flying Wallenda wrote:
ndlionsfan wrote:If LAE made state people would be talking about the first round matchup as potential championship game because they are known from last year and have a star player. BC beat them both times this season. Just because they don't get much press and recognition doesn't mean they aren't a worthy team. Like I said before, everyone had Trinity winning the boys tourney too.

Who said they weren't worthy? Saw'm play saw lots of region 4 games, wasn't impressed. Hope I'm wrong I'd love to see them do well ill be pulling like heck for them over Ryan. Hope Ryan finishes 8th. Just don't think they will.

Did you see other region 4 teams too? Any of those impress you? Like I said haven't seen anyone out of region 4 play so I don't know how our teams would stack up but I feel we had 6 teams that could play with most anyone in the state.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Duckfan » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:23 pm

BC beat lakota on Lakotas Home court at the beginning of the year, and in the regional championship. Saying they will lose by 20 to Ryan is a pretty bold statement, If Lakota were in it it would be the so called "Championship Game" I dont see that happening, predicting a pretty close game with whoever wins by under 10 points.
Duckfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:54 am

Season Records
Bishop Ryan (24-0)
Benson County (24-1)
New Town (23-1)
Napoleon (22-1)
Thompson (23-2)
Central Cass (22-3)
Grant County (20-5)
Beach (19-5)

Scoring Offenses
Bishop Ryan 74.6 ppg
New Town 73.8 ppg
Beach 64.8 ppg
Napoleon 64.2 ppg
Grant County 63.7 ppg
Thompson 63.2 ppg
Benson County 59.3 ppg
Central Cass 57.8 ppg

Scoring Defenses
Bishop Ryan 31.5 ppg
Central Cass 38.4 ppg
Beach 38.9 ppg
Benson County 39.2 ppg
Thompson 40.3 ppg
New Town 40.7 ppg
Grant County 44.2 ppg
Napoleon 46.7 ppg

Top Individual Scoring (ppg)
Hannah Stewart (Bishop Ryan) 21.5
Ashley Bentz (Grant County) 21.0
Sheridon Dewald (Napoleon) 19.5
Hannah Breske (Central Cass) 17.9
Cydni Stedman (Beach) 16.8
Sydney Bentz (Grant County) 16.0
Kendra Weigel (Napoleon) 15.6
Sara Schwanke (Benson County) 15.6
Gabrielle Wilkinson (New Town) 15.5
Hailee Farstveet (Beach) 15.4
Gabbie Bohl (Bishop Ryan) 15.1
Bailey Waldal (Beach) 14.3
Faith Dooley (Central Cass) 13.8
Shannon Galegher (Thompson) 12.6
Baeleigh Brady (New Town) 12.6
Becca Eberle (Benson County) 12.5
Karleigh Weber (Thompson) 12.0
Ashley Werner (Grant County) 12.0
Anika Rovig (Bishop Ryan) 11.2
Jaye Two Bears (New Town) 11.2
Mariah Jangula (Napoleon) 10.1
Katelynn Engh (Benson County) 9.2

Top Individual Rebounds (rpg)
Hannah Stewart (Bishop Ryan) 10.5
Ashley Bentz (Grant County) 10.0
Faith Dooley (Central Cass) 9.7
Shannon Galegher (Thompson) 8.4
Becca Eberle (Benson County) 7.7
Bailey Waldal (Beach) 7.5
Cydni Stedman (Beach) 7.4
Sydney Bentz (Grant County) 7.0
Hannah Breske (Central Cass) 6.8
Meghan Jorgenson (Benson County) 6.8
Shaice Marx (Thompson) 6.6
Sara Schwanke (Benson County) 6.2
Sheridon Dewald (Napoleon) 5.9
Gabbie Bohl (Bishop Ryan) 5.8
Hailee Farstveet (Beach) 5.4
Jasmyne Big Crow (New Town) 5.2
Ashley Werner (Grant County) 5.0
Quinn Harmon (Bishop Ryan) 4.8
Gabrielle Wilkinson (New Town) 4.8
Mia Wilkinson (New Town) 4.0
Mariah Jangula (Napoleon) 3.0

Top Individual Assists** (apg)
Anika Rovig (Bishop Ryan) 7.4
Ashley Bentz (Grant County) 6.0
Sydney Bentz (Grant County) 4.0
Hailee Farstveet (Beach) 3.8
Jaye Two Bears (New Town) 3.8
Katelynn Engh (Benson County) 3.6
Andrea Jorgenson (Benson County) 3.5
Taylor McGrady (New Town) 3.5
Gabrielle Wilkinson (New Town) 3.4
Quinn Harmon (Bishop Ryan) 3.3
Abby Cramer (Central Cass) 3.3
Karleigh Weber (Thompson) 3.1
Sara Schwanke (Benson County) 3.1
Ashley Werner (Grant County) 3.0
Bethany Ivesdal (Thompson) 2.7
Dallas Goettle (Central Cass) 2.2
Ally Tronson (Central Cass) 2.2
Cydni Stedman (Beach) 2.0
Bailey Waldal (Beach) 2.0

**No Stats from Napoleon on Assists
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Flying Wallenda » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:26 am

ndlionsfan wrote:
Flying Wallenda wrote:
ndlionsfan wrote:If LAE made state people would be talking about the first round matchup as potential championship game because they are known from last year and have a star player. BC beat them both times this season. Just because they don't get much press and recognition doesn't mean they aren't a worthy team. Like I said before, everyone had Trinity winning the boys tourney too.

Who said they weren't worthy? Saw'm play saw lots of region 4 games, wasn't impressed. Hope I'm wrong I'd love to see them do well ill be pulling like heck for them over Ryan. Hope Ryan finishes 8th. Just don't think they will.

Did you see other region 4 teams too? Any of those impress you? Like I said haven't seen anyone out of region 4 play so I don't know how our teams would stack up but I feel we had 6 teams that could play with most anyone in the state.

Saw LAE, Midkota, BC, and Carrington. Thought LAE was the best but that was just the game I saw them, obviously Benson beat them twice so hats off. Never saw North Star. All were good teams but not Minot Ryan. I think those six teams could compete with many in the field, I mean Midkota beat Napoleon so obviously they were all capable. Just think Benson may have a few flaws that get exposed in the state...not sure if they can handle a press/pressure defense. They have great size so if they do they could make my predictions all wrong. I hope they prove me wrong!
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby Flying Wallenda » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:29 am

Duckfan wrote:BC beat lakota on Lakotas Home court at the beginning of the year, and in the regional championship. Saying they will lose by 20 to Ryan is a pretty bold statement, If Lakota were in it it would be the so called "Championship Game" I dont see that happening, predicting a pretty close game with whoever wins by under 10 points.

Yep.
1)Have you seen Ryan play? How about Benson?
2)Any ideas of their styles?
3)Read my response to NDLion for my reasoning.
4)I never said it would be the "Championship game" so don't put words in my mouth.
5)No one will be happier than me if Benson wins, so make sure if they do you get on here and say "I told you so", cause I'll be happy to read it. heck, do it if Ryan only beats them by 10 for all I care, I'd like to see a good game.
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndlionsfan » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:21 am

Flying Wallenda wrote:
ndlionsfan wrote:
Flying Wallenda wrote:

Saw LAE, Midkota, BC, and Carrington. Thought LAE was the best but that was just the game I saw them, obviously Benson beat them twice so hats off. Never saw North Star. All were good teams but not Minot Ryan. I think those six teams could compete with many in the field, I mean Midkota beat Napoleon so obviously they were all capable. Just think Benson may have a few flaws that get exposed in the state...not sure if they can handle a press/pressure defense. They have great size so if they do they could make my predictions all wrong. I hope they prove me wrong!

You are correct in that they have had a tough time handling a press. That is how Northstar beat them. It will be interesting to see how well they do at state. I think they match up with Ryan well, but have not seen Ryan play myself. I have talked to a few people who have seen both teams play and each have said that if anyone knocks off Ryan it could be BC.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flying Wallenda » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:38 am

ndlionsfan wrote:
Flying Wallenda wrote:
ndlionsfan wrote:
Flying Wallenda wrote:

You are correct in that they have had a tough time handling a press. That is how Northstar beat them. It will be interesting to see how well they do at state. I think they match up with Ryan well, but have not seen Ryan play myself. I have talked to a few people who have seen both teams play and each have said that if anyone knocks off Ryan it could be BC.

Ryan is huge as well, Benson probably has the only crew who can match up size wise. If Benson handles pressure, makes this a half court, 35 second shot clock game they can stick. In my mind that's a big if after seeing the games I have. Hope they do.
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby Indy5 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:52 pm

Flying Wallenda wrote:1)Have you seen Ryan play? How about Benson?

Ryan is huge. Not a starter under 5'7 with two 6'2 athletic posts that run the floor well. They would rather play in transition than half court. They are still very good in the half court though because of their size. Couple real good shooters in Rovig and Wald. Rovig is the best passer I've seen in the girls game. The only time they've struggled is when Velva really came at them with full court pressure. I haven't really seen anyone outside of region 6, but I'd be willing to bet Velva has the most athletic guards in the state, so that is a big factor in their pressure being so successful
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flying Wallenda » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:51 am

Indy5 wrote:
Flying Wallenda wrote:1)Have you seen Ryan play? How about Benson?

Ryan is huge. Not a starter under 5'7 with two 6'2 athletic posts that run the floor well. They would rather play in transition than half court. They are still very good in the half court though because of their size. Couple real good shooters in Rovig and Wald. Rovig is the best passer I've seen in the girls game. The only time they've struggled is when Velva really came at them with full court pressure. I haven't really seen anyone outside of region 6, but I'd be willing to bet Velva has the most athletic guards in the state, so that is a big factor in their pressure being so successful

That's the exact pt. I was trying to make to Duck. Well put.
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:38 pm

Napoleon 61
Beach 55
FINAL
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:50 pm

FULL Day 1 Stats to be posted tonight...on this thread
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Flying Wallenda » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:47 pm

playedalittle wrote:Flying Wallenda? You hope Bishop Ryan takes 8th?
This is high school girls basketball. Wishing anything but the best for the teams is just not right.
Why the hate to Ryan?

OK. I hope every team gets 1st. No, actually I feel being a parochial school and being located in Minot stacks the deck in favor or Ryan. I think Ryan is the odds on favorite. So being "the little engine that could", I'm not cheering for them, though I sure don't want to get into a private vs public school debate, and personally, I know absolutely no one from Ryan. I'm sorry I upset your moral code of wishing the best upon everyone.
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby cntrfthrs » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:09 pm

New town vs Thompson

...funny how the ref's whistles only seemed to work when the players in white had the ball...

Fouls seemed to dictate THIS game...lets see how the officiating is for Ryan and bc...
cntrfthrs
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndlionsfan » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:22 pm

BC passing is terrible right now but the defense is keeping them in it. Ryan looks like the top ranked team in the state
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndlionsfan » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:57 pm

Flying Wallenda wrote:
ndlionsfan wrote:BC might not win first night but they will not lose by 20

I'll take a piece of that action. Saw'm play wasn't impressed though I sure as heck hope I'm wrong and will be pulling for them.

I was getting a little worried with this prediction the way the first half was going, but glad BC was able to fight their way back into the game to show the state how well they can play. Too bad the shooting and turnovers killed them in the first half or we may have had a nice upset.
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:04 am

DAY 1 STATS
Individual
Ashley Bentz (Grant County) 25
Cydni Stedman (Beach) 22
Hannah Stewart (Bishop Ryan) 22
Faith Dooley (Central Cass) 19
Karleigh Weber (Thompson) 18
Anika Rovig (Bishop Ryan) 18
Kendra Weigel (Napoleon) 17
Sheridon Dewald (Napoleon) 17
Andrea Jorgenson (Benson County) 17

Rebounding
Hannah Stewart (Bishop Ryan) 12
Jayedon Big Crow (New Town) 11
Faith Dooley (Central Cass) 9
Karleigh Weber (Thompson) 8
Sheridon Dewald (Napoleon) 8
Mia Wilkinson (New Town) 8
Becca Eberle (Benson County) 8
Ashley Werner (Grant County) 8

Assists
Anika Rovig (Bishop Ryan) 5
Dallas Goettle (Central Cass) 5
Hailee Farstveet (Beach) 4
Sheridon Dewald (Napoleon) 3
Quinn Harmon (Bishop Ryan) 3
Brooklyn Zachmann (Beach) 3

Steals
Gabbie Bohl (Bishop Ryan) 6
Gabrielle Wilkinson (New Town) 4
Beth Ivesdal (Thompson) 4
Shaice Marx (Thompson) 3
Sara Schwanke (Benson County) 3
Andrea Jorgenson (Benson County) 3
Ashley Bentz (Grant County) 3

Blocks
Faith Dooley (Central Cass) 5
Hannah Stewart (Bishop Ryan) 4
Mariah Jangula (Napoleon) 2

Team
Points Scored
Central Cass 70
Napoleon 61
Bishop Ryan 58
Thompson 58
Beach 55
Benson County 53
New Town 52
Grant County 37

Points Allowed
Central Cass 37
Thompson 52
Bishop Ryan 53
Napoleon 55
New Town 58
Benson County 58
Beach 61
Grant County 70
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby ndlionsfan » Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:52 am

Anyone have predictions after seeing all the teams the first day? I think CC and Ryan are clearly the top two teams and I'm going to take CC in the title. Nap beats Thompson for 3rd. I've got BC over GC for 5th with Newtown getting their first state win for 7th.
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flying Wallenda » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:22 am

ndlionsfan wrote:
Flying Wallenda wrote:

I'll take a piece of that action. Saw'm play wasn't impressed though I sure as heck hope I'm wrong and will be pulling for them.

I was getting a little worried with this prediction the way the first half was going, but glad BC was able to fight their way back into the game to show the state how well they can play. Too bad the shooting and turnovers killed them in the first half or we may have had a nice upset.

Yep kept waiting for Ryan to put the kill shot on them in the 2nd....a big play was when the Blonde from Ryan missed that open court lay-up when they were up 22-11.....It seemed like Benson got their sea legs after that. You keep a team around, they start to believe, they can make it a game. Put'm away early and things can change. I didn't watch the 3rd as I was watching NCAA expecting to turn it back on and see Ryan up 15-18, its a 1 pt game heading into the 4th! Good for Benson...showed some fortitude. Glad they proved me wrong.
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby Flying Wallenda » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:24 am

ndlionsfan wrote:
Flying Wallenda wrote:

Yep I kept expecting Ryan to put the kill shot on them in the 2nd...a big play was when the blond from Ryan missed the open court lay up up 22-11....Benson seemed to get their sea legs at that pt. I turned off at half time to watch the NCAA expecting the game to be spread to 15-18 by the end of the 3rd...turn it back on and its a 1 pt game! You let a team hang around, they start to believe and they can make it a game. Good for Benson, glad they proved me wrong.
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby Flying Wallenda » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:26 am

cntrfthrs wrote:New town vs Thompson

...funny how the ref's whistles only seemed to work when the players in white had the ball...

Fouls seemed to dictate THIS game...lets see how the officiating is for Ryan and bc...

Hate to say it....but agree.
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby thundarsdaddy » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:24 am

I agree also, and I was not rooting for either team, but as most people I was rooting for a well-officiated game as you would expect in a State Tourney, and it didn't happen. This game was the poster-child of inconsistency!!
Games like this tend to favor one over the other, even if that wasn't the officials intent, and by the start of the 4'th quarter I felt sorry for Newtown, they couldn't get a break!
thundarsdaddy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby rekcats1 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:40 am

Hey, can anyone tell me.......is there any radio/internet station that will be broadcasting the afternoon/consolation games today and tomorrow? Thanks
rekcats1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby eyeinthesky » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:18 am

rekcats1 wrote:Hey, can anyone tell me.......is there any radio/internet station that will be broadcasting the afternoon/consolation games today and tomorrow? Thanks

http://www.metrotournament.com/2013BGir ... aming.html

Not sure about radio on the internet but here is a link to the video streaming that will include non-televised games.
eyeinthesky
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:43 pm

KMAV.com...I know they are covering the WHOLE tourney
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby wolves40 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:44 pm

thundarsdaddy wrote:

I agree also, and I was not rooting for either team, but as most people I was rooting for a well-officiated game as you would expect in a State Tourney, and it didn't happen. This game was the poster-child of inconsistency!!
Games like this tend to favor one over the other, even if that wasn't the officials intent, and by the start of the 4'th quarter I felt sorry for Newtown, they couldn't get a break!

Was this the crew that did the Napoleon-Beach game? Because there were 2 AWFUL calls to end that game!
wolves40
NDPreps Rookie

PreviousNext

Return to Girls