Way too early 2021-2022 top ten

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Way too early 2021-2022 top ten

Postby ballernd » Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:14 pm

Who does everyone have as their top 10 going into next year?

1. Central Cass
2. Kindred
3. Oakes
4. Four Winds
5. Grafton
6. Langdon
7. Kenmare
8. Lamoure
9. Northern Cass
10. Wilton Wing
Last edited by ballernd on Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ballernd
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Way too early 2021-2022 top ten

Postby vikingman » Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:23 pm

Oakes must REALLY be good.
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Postby Flip » Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:12 pm

vikingman wrote:Oakes must REALLY be good.

Graduate one senior. She was all-state.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby vikingman » Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:32 pm

OP had Oaks at #3 AND #7
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Postby ninja_joe » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:19 pm

2021-22 Top Ten Class B GBB Teams
#1) Central Cass
#2) Kindred
#3) Langdon
#4) Grafton
#5) Linton HMB
#6) Wilton-Wing
#7) Kenmare
#8) Rugby
#9) Thompson
#10) Beulah

Others....Our Redeemers, Northern Cass, LMM, 4 Winds, and there might be a hand full other teams out there who could be competitive with most of the top 10. They will just have to beat a few teams to start getting noticed by folks is all.
ninja_joe
NDPreps Starter

Postby The Schwab » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:24 pm

I would think that Bowman will be right there at the end in Region 7
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:53 pm

I think Benson County has to be borderline top 10. They beat Langdon in the first game of the season last year and lost in the region semi-finals. They don't graduate anyone.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby WalkingStick » Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:56 pm

Flip wrote:I think Benson County has to be borderline top 10. They beat Langdon in the first game of the season last year and lost in the region semi-finals. They don't graduate anyone.

Definitely could see that as well.
One Stop Shop for All North Dakota Scores
https://www.northdakotaprepscoreboards.com/

"Control what you can control...Can't fix ignorant people"
WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Flip » Wed Oct 06, 2021 6:49 pm

Is it true Hailey Quam is going to school at Shiloh?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby The Schwab » Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:56 am

Flip wrote:Is it true Hailey Quam is going to school at Shiloh?

Yes
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby packers21 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:05 am

The Schwab wrote:

Yes

Gross
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby WalkingStick » Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:18 am

packers21 wrote:
The Schwab wrote:

Yes

Gross

Please notice...that it is one private school that always seems to have these area athletes 'drop in their lap' every year *cough, cough*. Don't take it out on all of them as a whole when just one is the major culprit...ugh!

WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Sportsrube » Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:56 am

WalkingStick wrote:
packers21 wrote:
The Schwab wrote:

Yes

Gross

Please notice...that it is one private school that always seems to have these area athletes 'drop in their lap' every year *cough, cough*. Don't take it out on all of them as a whole when just one is the major culprit...ugh!

But Private Schools never "recruit". This school just must be on an incredible lucky streak, and schools like New Town and Wilton must be on unlucky streaks. Meanwhile, the NDHSAA sits around and does nothing. like usual.
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby WalkingStick » Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:08 am

Sportsrube wrote:
WalkingStick wrote:
packers21 wrote:
The Schwab wrote:

Yes

Gross

But Private Schools never "recruit". This school just must be on an incredible lucky streak, and schools like New Town and Wilton must be on unlucky streaks. Meanwhile, the NDHSAA sits around and does nothing. like usual.

Some don't "recruit" (by your definition)...I know two of them that have had very few additional athletes transfer in recent years; more kids come in and aren't in athletics but that is all that is focused on with transfers.

Even though I may be a private school supporter...this one school is ALWAYS bringing in star athletes from schools around the state or higher level Class A players from their city and it is sickening to me. The Ogbu situation was never a problem for me but the Lambert situation definitely was...two entirely different sides of 'this' spectrum in my eyes

WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Sportsrube » Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:20 am

WalkingStick wrote:
Sportsrube wrote:
WalkingStick wrote:
packers21 wrote:
The Schwab wrote:

Yes

Gross

Some don't "recruit" (by your definition)...I know two of them that have had very few additional athletes transfer in recent years; more kids come in and aren't in athletics but that is all that is focused on with transfers.

Even though I may be a private school supporter...this one school is ALWAYS bringing in star athletes from schools around the state or higher level Class A players from their city and it is sickening to me. The Ogbu situation was never a problem for me but the Lambert situation definitely was...two entirely different sides of 'this' spectrum in my eyes

As far as the Ogbu situation, do you really believe he would have been brought to Bismarck if he was 5'6" and not athletic?
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby WalkingStick » Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:31 am

Sportsrube wrote:
WalkingStick wrote:
Sportsrube wrote:
WalkingStick wrote:
packers21 wrote:
The Schwab wrote:

Yes

Gross

As far as the Ogbu situation, do you really believe he would have been brought to Bismarck if he was 5'6" and not athletic?

It's possible...another private school in ND has brought in kids from 3rd world countries/African nations where the child was never into athletics...they got themselves an education they otherwise never would have gotten and was able to get out of an unsafe life (in many cases war zone/bombings); some families will do anything to help out underprivileged children find a better life and the feeling of safety. This is the case in the Ogbu story because he had a friend from his town that came to ND as well...both are safe in the U.S. now and attending college getting a quality education. There's a very real chance, if their families back home wouldn't have found a way to get them to the United States, that they may not be alive today. He could have ended up any where in the United States...just so happened that a ND family was willing to take him in and pay for him to start up his education.

Some of you only see it as an athletic reasoning but there are other reasons to consider.

WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Sportsrube » Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:43 pm

Sorry, I don't buy the fact that he would have been brought to Bismarck if he wasn't athletic, just my opinion. As far as recruiting, a few years ago at a team camp for Boy's BB at Morehead, an elderly gentleman approached one of our players and started telling him about what a great education he could get at a local private school and how he and his wife would be glad to set him up in their basement and how she would cook for him and do his laundry. He also told this player that if the tuition was a problem they had ways to help with that also. When he found out I was a coach of that player and had heard the whole thing he couldn't get away fast enough. The NDHSAA's reply was that because he was not "affiliated" with the school in an official capacity there was nothing they could do about it. I would be willing to be that if this is happening for one private it is happening for most of them.
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby WalkingStick » Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:54 pm

Sportsrube wrote:Sorry, I don't buy the fact that he would have been brought to Bismarck if he wasn't athletic, just my opinion. As far as recruiting, a few years ago at a team camp for Boy's BB at Morehead, an elderly gentleman approached one of our players and started telling him about what a great education he could get at a local private school and how he and his wife would be glad to set him up in their basement and how she would cook for him and do his laundry. He also told this player that if the tuition was a problem they had ways to help with that also. When he found out I was a coach of that player and had heard the whole thing he couldn't get away fast enough. The NDHSAA's reply was that because he was not "affiliated" with the school in an official capacity there was nothing they could do about it. I would be willing to be that if this is happening for one private it is happening for most of them.

You can't control some people...I won't say it doesn't happen because I know an influential family in Moorhead that has done this so the players could better their team...brought in kids not from the area.

Why would he choose Bismarck...he could have chosen any where in the United States? He honestly probably didn't have a choice in location...but any location he landed was going to be better than hearing bombing every day.

I know seven young men who came over from the Sudan several years ago that went to a private school, one that many accuse of recruiting athletes...absolutely ZERO athletic talent in any of them...they just wanted out of the Sudan, to be safe and to get an education...which they all did; high school & college.

I'm not trying to force anyone to change their minds...everyone has their own agenda; I just want people to understand that in many cases it's NOT just about athletics. Sadly, some of the most obvious ones to people are because these kids are good athletes but there are many more that people don't know about because they aren't in any sports.

WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Sportsrube » Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:04 pm

I appreciate your keeping this discussion civil, that doesn't happen too often in today's society. I believe that Lutheran Social Services and other groups do great work to get kids out of horrible situations in 3rd world countries and I respect that. Unfortunately the situations where kids are "recruited" to private schools for athletic reasons do get more publicity than the others. Again, thank you for keeping this civil!
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Flip » Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:30 pm

I tend to believe the private schools recruit athletes less than a majority of people think. Good programs recruit themselves. Jamie Stevens is an assistant men's basketball coach at UND, got the job in 2019. His kids go to Thompson. Do you think Thompson was recruiting his kids? I don't. They have better programs than the GF schools. If you think Shiloh was recruiting Quam you must believe they're recruiting every decent athlete in a large radius around Bismarck. I don't think all the good players that have come through Kidder County have gotten letters from Shiloh. Just my opinion.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby muley14 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:29 pm

Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but I was told at one time that there was something with Ogbu's visa that did not either allow him to transfer schools or attend public school. I think it was the latter. I understood this limited his options when his host family moved. (No idea if he would have moved with them or not if able but the daughters did move.)

I took from this situation some of these kids just can't go to public school. Again I have no idea what visa rules/options are but I thought it was interesting.
muley14
NDPreps Starter

Return to Girls