State B moves to the Betty

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

State B moves to the Betty

Postby Flip » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:46 pm

http://www.wday.com/sports/basketball/4 ... ving-betty

Can hardly wait until Thompson in the championship game. There won't be an empty seat.
The unfair advantage for the region 2 team discussion will be fun too :)
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Re: State B moves to the Betty

Postby sportsfan111 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:00 pm

Have a very hard time believing there will be enough seats in the building for championship night. I can think of a couple fan bases that could be in the ship this season that will have pretty hefty crowds. We shall see...
sportsfan111
NDPreps Starter

Postby packers21 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:50 pm

This is a good move, one of the best places in the state to watch/play and there will be enough room. I just hope Forks takes it seriously, last time they had a state bball tournament it was horrible.
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Sportsrube » Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:58 pm

packers21 wrote:This is a good move, one of the best places in the state to watch/play and there will be enough room. I just hope Forks takes it seriously, last time they had a state bball tournament it was horrible.

I question if they will have enough seating - depends on what teams make it to State. As for GF taking it seriously this time - I have no doubt the tournament organizers will do a great job. As for the businesses and the city of GF taking it seriously, there I have some large doubts. GF and Fargo businesses have historically treated the Class B tournaments like just any other weekend. One more reason the Class B basketball tourneys should either be in Bismarck or Minot.
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Flip » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:11 am

Anyone know attendance numbers the last couple years? I thought it was pretty full when North Star played Kindred in 2017. My prediction is Friday and Saturday night will be sold out.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Sportsrube » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:48 am

Does the NDHSAA publicize the attendance at State Tournaments anymore? I know they used to years ago, but am not sure now. (And I'm too lazy to look it up on their website!)
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:50 am

Sportsrube wrote:Does the NDHSAA publicize the attendance at State Tournaments anymore? I know they used to years ago, but am not sure now. (And I'm too lazy to look it up on their website!)

It’s in their yearly yearbook but I don’t think it’s publicly announced
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Rivershark » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:03 am

The Region 2 Championship games have come close to selling out. I wouldn't be surprised if Friday and Saturdays games are sold out. Get there early because people will be turned away.
Rivershark
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby B-oldtimer » Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:01 pm

Are they going to add seating at the Betty they could if they want too. The end bleachers could be enlarged by going higher on each end without changing configuration of the building. I would guess they could add from 500 to 700 seats if they did it right.
B-oldtimer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Big Blue » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:37 pm

I am so anxious to see how the move to the Betty goes. I have a feeling it will either be an amazing fit or this will be the Fyre Festival of State Class B girls tourneys.
Big Blue
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Bison-Vikes #1 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:54 pm

Big Blue wrote:I am so anxious to see how the move to the Betty goes. I have a feeling it will either be an amazing fit or this will be the Fyre Festival of State Class B girls tourneys.

Predicting it will be a huge hit and great atmosphere. Unfortunate that some of the teams have to travel so far.
Bison-Vikes #1
NDPreps All-State

Postby Fletcher » Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:00 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
Sportsrube wrote:Does the NDHSAA publicize the attendance at State Tournaments anymore? I know they used to years ago, but am not sure now. (And I'm too lazy to look it up on their website!)

It’s in their yearly yearbook but I don’t think it’s publicly announced

Here's a quote from the GF Herald about Betty hosting the Girls B Tournament:

NDHSAA executive director Matt Fetsch said his staff has been tracking ticket scans for years at the state B girls basketball tournament.

"The past several years, we haven't had one session that wouldn't fit in the Betty with capacity," Fetsch said. "We'll see how it plays out."
Fletcher
NDPreps Reserve

Postby woodchuck10 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:26 pm

I like that Girls B is at the Betty, a full gym is much better than a big gym.

I wonder of the HSAA would ever consider Jamestown Civic Center for the Girls B. A better question might be if Jamestown has the hotels, restaurants, etc to host a state tournament.You would think any team from Regions 3 & 1 and some teams from 4 & 2 would not need to stay at a hotel

We could get a nice Rotation for basketball.
Girls B: GF Betty/Jamestown CC
Super A: Fargo SHAC
Boys B: Bismarck/Minot
woodchuck10
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:32 pm

woodchuck10 wrote:I like that Girls B is at the Betty, a full gym is much better than a big gym.

I wonder of the HSAA would ever consider Jamestown Civic Center for the Girls B. A better question might be if Jamestown has the hotels, restaurants, etc. to host a state tournament. You would think any team from Regions 3 & 1 and some teams from 4 & 2 would not need to stay at a hotel

Super A: Fargo SHAC/Bismarck

I'd add Bismarck to the Super A for when B BBB would be in Minot...but I think that is a fair thought to consider to finding another smaller but quality arena for State GBB
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Bison-Vikes #1 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:41 pm

woodchuck10 wrote:I like that Girls B is at the Betty, a full gym is much better than a big gym.

I wonder of the HSAA would ever consider Jamestown Civic Center for the Girls B. A better question might be if Jamestown has the hotels, restaurants, etc to host a state tournament.You would think any team from Regions 3 & 1 and some teams from 4 & 2 would not need to stay at a hotel

JCC seats around 5000+ I believe. The new Newman arena on Jamestown campus holds around 2000. Very nice facility and would be great for a tournament, providing similar atmosphere as the Betty. Probably isn't big enough. Believe the Betty holds around 3500. Think there are around 10 hotels in Jamestown.

It appeared the atmosphere was great last night at the Betty. Figured it would be. Great basketball facility. As mentioned earlier, unfortunate long drive for some teams, so hope the experience and atmosphere will offset that.
Bison-Vikes #1
NDPreps All-State

Postby winner-within » Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:04 pm

was the final game supposed to start at 9 pm?
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Sportsrube » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:54 pm

Boys B: Bismarck/Minot[/quote]

JCC seats around 5000+ I believe. The new Newman arena on Jamestown campus holds around 2000. Very nice facility and would be great for a tournament, providing similar atmosphere as the Betty. Probably isn't big enough. Believe the Betty holds around 3500. Think there are around 10 hotels in Jamestown

It appeared the atmosphere was great last night at the Betty. Figured it would be. Great basketball facility. As mentioned earlier, unfortunate long drive for some teams, so hope the experience and atmosphere will offset that.[/quote]

The problem with the Newman arena is that there is almost no parking. Other than that it is a great facility. I know there has been some talk of moving the Stutsman County Tournaments to the Newman along with the Region 3 Tournaments. The Jamestown Civic Center needs a lot of updating besides the seats they updated over the last 2 years. The locker rooms leave a lot to be desired.
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Flip » Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:57 pm

Betty capacity is 3,140
3,387 was the official attendance for Saturday night.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Return to Girls