Old School Colors

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Old School Colors

Postby Flip » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:26 am

I'll assume I'm incorrect based on your post, but Leeds was never blue and green?
Flip
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 3737
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:35 am

Re: Old School Colors

Postby ndlionsfan » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:05 am

Flip wrote:I'll assume I'm incorrect based on your post, but Leeds was never blue and green?


They went with Blue, Green, and White when they were with Wolford from 92-97 (Wolford was green/yellow). I think the green stayed on the jerseys for a little while longer, then changed to red when they went with Minnewaukan 04-09 (Minnewaukan was originally red/white/black)
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
User avatar
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 3688
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Central ND

Re: Old School Colors

Postby Flip » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:17 am

That makes sense. I thought I remembered green when they were at state in the late 90s.
Flip
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 3737
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:35 am

Re: Old School Colors

Postby Bison-Vikes #1 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:02 pm

GJF85 wrote:Now my mind is flowing here looking for other school colors. I'll group them with the other schools that they make up today and I'll capitalize the ones that I'm looking for colors. Any help would be appreciated thanks!

Tower City Maple Valley Raiders:
BUFFALO BISON
BUFFALO-TOWER CITY co-op name and colors
FINGAL BRONCOS


Buffalo Tower City went together in '75-'76 school year and were known as Buffalo-Tower City Bombers for 1 year. Believe their colors were royal blue & white. Became Maple Valley Raiders the following school year and school colors were blue-white-red. In '79-'80 school year, Fingal joined and name and colors remained the same.
Bison-Vikes #1
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 350
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:47 am

Re: Old School Colors

Postby GJF85 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:23 pm

Bison-Vikes #1 wrote:
GJF85 wrote:Now my mind is flowing here looking for other school colors. I'll group them with the other schools that they make up today and I'll capitalize the ones that I'm looking for colors. Any help would be appreciated thanks!

Tower City Maple Valley Raiders:
BUFFALO BISON
BUFFALO-TOWER CITY co-op name and colors
FINGAL BRONCOS


Buffalo Tower City went together in '75-'76 school year and were known as Buffalo-Tower City Bombers for 1 year. Believe their colors were royal blue & white. Became Maple Valley Raiders the following school year and school colors were blue-white-red. In '79-'80 school year, Fingal joined and name and colors remained the same.


Thanks! Any idea on fingal bronco and buffalo bison colors sorry forgot to identify that
Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9

GJF85
User avatar
GJF85
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:07 am
Location: Fargo, North Dakota

Re: Old School Colors

Postby Bison-Vikes #1 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:27 am

GJF85 wrote:
Bison-Vikes #1 wrote:
GJF85 wrote:Now my mind is flowing here looking for other school colors. I'll group them with the other schools that they make up today and I'll capitalize the ones that I'm looking for colors. Any help would be appreciated thanks!

Tower City Maple Valley Raiders:
BUFFALO BISON
BUFFALO-TOWER CITY co-op name and colors
FINGAL BRONCOS


Buffalo Tower City went together in '75-'76 school year and were known as Buffalo-Tower City Bombers for 1 year. Believe their colors were royal blue & white. Became Maple Valley Raiders the following school year and school colors were blue-white-red. In '79-'80 school year, Fingal joined and name and colors remained the same.


Thanks! Any idea on fingal bronco and buffalo bison colors sorry forgot to identify that


Believe Fingal was yellow/maroon and Buffalo blue/white.
Bison-Vikes #1
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 350
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:47 am

Re: Old School Colors

Postby GJF85 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:56 pm

Thanks I appreciate it. Any others for the list I posted on the previous page will be awesome too thanks!
Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9

GJF85
User avatar
GJF85
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:07 am
Location: Fargo, North Dakota

Re: Old School Colors

Postby GJF85 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:07 pm

caserace0710 wrote:Does anyone know the school colors of these closed schools:

Wimbledon Wildcats (before Wimbledon-Courtenay)
Columbus Cougars
Flaxton Raiders
Mapleton Falcons
Emmons Central Knights (Strasburg)
Elgin (Fighting or Flying) Dutchmen (before Elgin-New Leipzig)
Devils Lake St. Mary's Knights
New Leipzig Tigers
Richardton Rebels (before Richardton-Taylor)
Noonan Miners (done - thanks Bill232H)

Correct me on the mascot names too if I am wrong. I just need clarification on Elgin if they were the Fighting or Flying Dutchmen. Just trying to make my website a little better.

Thanks!


Hey yeah I've seen your site. Very impressive! I can help you out with one of the teams. The Wimbledon Wildcats colors were maroon and gold. The gold was just like how the Wimbledon-Courtenay Warriors gold is, and the maroon is just like Grafton/Linton/Fargo Oak Grove/Wyndmere. Hope this helps!
Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9

GJF85
User avatar
GJF85
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:07 am
Location: Fargo, North Dakota

Re: Old School Colors

Postby GJF85 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:11 pm

GJF85 wrote:
caserace0710 wrote:Does anyone know the school colors of these closed schools:

Wimbledon Wildcats (before Wimbledon-Courtenay)
Columbus Cougars
Flaxton Raiders
Mapleton Falcons
Emmons Central Knights (Strasburg)
Elgin (Fighting or Flying) Dutchmen (before Elgin-New Leipzig)
Devils Lake St. Mary's Knights
New Leipzig Tigers
Richardton Rebels (before Richardton-Taylor)
Noonan Miners (done - thanks Bill232H)

Correct me on the mascot names too if I am wrong. I just need clarification on Elgin if they were the Fighting or Flying Dutchmen. Just trying to make my website a little better.

Thanks!


Hey yeah I've seen your site. Very impressive! I can help you out with one of the teams. The Wimbledon Wildcats colors were maroon and gold. The gold was just like how the Wimbledon-Courtenay Warriors gold is, and the maroon is just like Grafton/Linton/Fargo Oak Grove/Wyndmere. Hope this helps!


Mapleton Falcons were Maroon and gray, Strasburg Emmons Central was red and white
Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9

GJF85
User avatar
GJF85
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:07 am
Location: Fargo, North Dakota

Re: Old School Colors

Postby GJF85 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:08 pm

Now I'm looking for other school colors. I have them labeled if I'm looking for both name and color, or just color. Any help would be appreciated thanks! Working on a project involving these.

GARDNER GOPHERS colors
ARGUSVILLE EAGLES colors
HUNTER HORNETS orange and black
ARTHUR KNIGHTS colors
ERIE CHIPMUNKS colors
ERIE BRAVES colors
ALICE ACES colors

SPIRITWOOD team name and colors (know they had a high school)
BUXTON WILDCATS colors
REYNOLDS ROCKETS colors
CUMMINGS team name and colors[/b] (I know they had a high school not sure if they had sports teams though)
PETERSBURG VIKINGS colors
DAHLEN DRAGONS colors
NIAGARA BULLDOGS colors
NIAGARA WILDCATS colors
PINGREE WILDCATS colors
BUCHANAN COMETS colors
GWINNER GREENWAVES colors
STIRUM PIRATES colors
FORMAN PHANTOMS colors
COGSWELL COGS colors
RUTLAND ROOSTERS colors
HAVANA ARROWS colors
GILBY ROUGHRIDERS colors
FOREST RIVER CARDINALS colors
INKSTER INDIANS colors
COLFAX PHEASANTS colors
ABERCROMBIE ARROWS colors
[
GALCHUTT team name and colors (I don't know if they had sports teams)
WALCOTT WOLVES colors
MAYVILLE LIONS colors
PORTLAND PIRATES colors
CLIFFORD-GALESBURG TWINS colors
CLIFFORD BOMBERS colors
GALESBURG MUSTANGS colors
MOFFIT WILDCATS colors
DAVENPORT DRAGONS colors
PIf I think of more I'll be sure to post them. Any help is greatly appreciated. Just for a side project I'm doing when I have some free time.
Again thanks!
Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9

GJF85
User avatar
GJF85
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:07 am
Location: Fargo, North Dakota

Previous

Return to Boys

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 7 guests