TOP SHOOTERS IN CLASS B

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby Kujava » Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:02 am

Chad Weigel from Napoleon has to be considered one of the top shooters in Class B. He shoots tons of jumpers every day to improve his shot--a gym rat.
Kujava

Postby NDSportsFan » Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:10 am

what weight does he wrestle?   :P
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndfan » Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:18 am

Luke Lorenz has a pretty nice shot he's only a Junior and he's on the best Class B team in the state right now.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Y-not Daily » Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:29 am

Matt Heier from Ray is pretty good.
Y-not Daily

Postby catz_15 » Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:56 am

how about peyton tivis?  Ross Florhaug from PBK?  Some of those boys from Ashley have to be decent.  Kirby Johnson is also an outstanding shooter.
catz_15
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ND_SportsNut » Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:48 pm

Justin Flink from Langdon is a pure shooter.
ND_SportsNut

Postby TNT » Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:07 pm

Kirby Johnson is not that great of a shooter, had a hot state tournament and everyone thinks he is great shooter.   Kirby is a very good player but he is not a great shooter.
TNT
NDPreps Starter

Postby Y-not Daily » Wed Jan 25, 2006 5:55 pm

Agree with TNT. Kirby is extremely streaky. If he's on, he'll kill you, but he isn't very consistent, especially early in the season.
Y-not Daily

Postby 22 » Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:12 am

Joe Effertz is a great shooter can shoot from inside our outside scored 43 pts last night vs Dunsieth

Postby TNT » Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:17 am

I have seen Joe Effertz play a few times, he is a good scorer for himself, does not set up anyone and does most things out of the flow of the offense.  If he is on Velva is really good but if he is off the offense will strugle because they get out of flow.

Joe is a Jordan Cooper type score inside and outside but coooper did everything in the flow of the offense and if he had a bad night he made all the players around him better. 
TNT
NDPreps Starter

Postby Y-not Daily » Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:47 am

Joe Effetz is a very good scorer. He has a very solid inside-out game. He can hit the 3 and he can also score inside. He is capable of going for 30 on any night when he gets going.

Never saw Cooper play in high school. but he's pretty much just a jump shooter in college.
Y-not Daily

Postby 666 » Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:13 am

Kujava wrote:Chad Weigel from Napoleon has to be considered one of the top shooters in Class B. He shoots tons of jumpers every day to improve his shot--a gym rat.
Kujava you have to be kidding me. Look at Bottineau's Kirby Johnson. He is a stud from the word go. I havent heard much about him since I live on total opposite side of the state but he blew up in the State Tourny last year and everytime i see a piece of there game in some paper he is lighting it up. He is one of the best if not best players in class B.

Postby TNT » Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:31 am

Kirby is not even the best player on his team.  He had 3 good games in state and everyone thinks he is god.  Kirby can be very good but he is very very streaky. 
TNT
NDPreps Starter

Postby 22 » Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:49 am

I totally agree with TNT he isnt that great of a shooter he played very good at the tournament last year but hes not that good. Most of there offense is based around him with the screen and roll thats where he gets most of his shots

Postby Y-not Daily » Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:47 pm

I think Kirby's the best player on his team...especially in big games.

And he just didn't turn it on at state last year. He had a pretty good run starting late in the season, through districts and regions as I recall.

Bottom line is no one came even close to stopping him last year at the state tourney.

Y-not Daily

Postby 22 » Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:14 pm

Yes you were right about last year. But were not worried about last year this is this year. We will see if he is able to do that again in districts and regionals

Postby ndbb » Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:34 am

Calvin Kraft, pure shooter. Ross Florhaug, pure shooter. Chad Weigel, horrible unorthodox shot. I leave it between those two.
ndbb
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Rebel » Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:04 pm

I totally agree.  I think we are forgetting about a lot of kids in this discussion.  What about Payton Tivis in Bowman?  He was first team all state as a guard, I am guessing he can shoot :)  Jaden Voth in Glenn Ullin, Jeff Smith out of Hettinger, there are a lot of great shooters out there not being talked about.  Tom Bachmier from Shilo Christian is a great pure shooter as well. 
North Dakota Preps Hall of Fame Inductee
Rebel
NDPreps Starter

Postby TNT » Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:50 pm

Taylor Mau from Berthold is a great shooter to bad he has no help on that team.
TNT
NDPreps Starter

Postby DrPepper » Thu Feb 09, 2006 5:05 pm

Kirby Johnson isn't an outstanding shooter but he's above average. He's a great basketball player and what makes him great is that he can hurt you in so many different ways, not just shooting the ball. He IS the best player on his team with all due respect to Roemmich, who is a workhorse.

Calvin Kraft and Taylor Mau are both excellent picks for best shooter. Joe Effertz is streak at best. He's not consistent at all. He'll have 43, but then be held to single digits. He seems to do a lot of it against weaker teams.
DrPepper
NDPreps Rookie

Postby inittowinit » Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:10 pm

Personally, my vote for the best shooter in class B goes to Ryan Ernst from Trinity High School. he is just a plain dude! I'd like to see him play one-on-one against Kirby.....my money is on Ernst for sure!!
inittowinit

Postby ndbb » Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:19 pm

Who cares about class B basketball?  I think the shooter ppl should be talking about is Jordan Wilhelm from Bismarck High.  He is only a junior and can drain it!
ndbb
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bison_18 » Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:42 pm

Who cares about class B? Set up a poll. We'll see who cares. Class B has just as many or better players than class A.
bison_18
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfan » Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:06 pm

[user=128]ndbb[/user] wrote:
Who cares about class B basketball?  I think the shooter ppl should be talking about is Jordan Wilhelm from Bismarck High.  He is only a junior and can drain it!

Well mr ndbb some people do care about class B basketball, this is a Class B thread so its going to be class B players that are talked about plain and simple. If you would like to talk about Jordan Wilhelm go to the class A thread and start the same topic there.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Ming01 » Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:31 am

Class A may have more quality, overall players, but Class B is just as good as Class A.  Over the years Class B has beaten Class A and competed with them well in the Lions All Star Games.
Last edited by Ming01 on Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Next

Return to Boys