CAMERON MALZER

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby UNDHeisman » Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:58 am

He is a 6' Sophomore PG at Turtle Lake-Mercer High School. As a Freshman he lead a TL-M team (that beat Standing Rock for 3rd in the region) in points and assists and was second in rebounds (season totals). He is currently on Travis Kraft's North Dakota "All-Star" AAU team. From what I've heard this team is mostly comprised of Class A Seniors and Juniors, but Cameron still leads the team in points. A close friend of mine, and former UND Fighting Sioux Basketball Team Captian, Paul Schlafmann, thinks that Cam has, at the very least, Mid Major DI potential. Several Division I teams have already seen him play at AAU events in Minneapolis and Nebraska, and they liked what they saw. He will be the next big thing to come from North Dakota basketball (Class A or Class B). I thought I would let North Dakota Preps in on the secret.

UNDHeisman
NDPreps Reserve

Postby kvrnm » Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:54 pm

thats pretty interesting but, how come ive never heard of him? to lead your team in points as a freshmen thats pretty amazing, i would like to c how good his teammates r tho.
kvrnm
NDPreps Starter

Postby UNDHeisman » Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:41 am

To beat Standing Rock for 3rd place in the region should be all you need to know about his teammates. They were a solid squad last year and will be even better this season with Malzer a year seasoned. You havent heard of him because honestly, how many ND freshman HAVE you heard of? He will never be a player who scores 40 points a game, but that's because his vision and passing make him a true PG. I would expect something like 18 pts 6 asts 7 rbs as a typical stat line for him next year.
UNDHeisman
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baseball » Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:33 am

it is so hard to say that a kid is D-1 mid major potential after only his freshman year.  he seems like a great player but lets see what the next 3 years bring...
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby ticket0115 » Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:03 am

This kid is for real. I play along side him in the backcourt and it is just fun watching some of the stuff he can do.

ticket0115
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndbb » Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:02 am

who else was on his AAU team.
ndbb
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby UNDHeisman » Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:50 am

ticket0115 wrote:This kid is for real. I play along side him in the backcourt and it is just fun watching some of the stuff he can do.

If the ticket is Nelson from TL, he can hoop it up quite well too. Great mid range game with the size and strength to bang down low. Comparable to a michael finley type player. Big and bulkey 2 Guard. Although his best sport would have to be baseball. I heard through the grapevine he hit .670 in legion this year. wow.
UNDHeisman
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bballer2 » Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:41 pm

ndbb wrote:who else was on his AAU team.

there team was very very weak... saw an eci team play against them... were very weak... didn't see this malzer play or dint stand out but i wish i would have payed more attention
bballer2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby jwb262 » Sat Aug 12, 2006 5:04 pm

Im new to ND, and live in Turtle Lake. One of the first things (if b-balls the subject) you will hear is the name Malzer. Kraft lived here for awhile, before moving to Maysville. They put him in the same class, skill wise at this age. I would have to say thats pretty good company to be compared to.
jwb262
NDPreps Starter

Postby cdub1 » Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:24 pm

Our team played his in an all freshman tournament and I dont think he was the best player even on his team.

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Return to Boys