District 7 Preview

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

District 7 Preview

Postby NE B-Baller 242 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:05 pm

I'll use the same formula I used for my district 8 preview

Preseason 1st team

G Brett Allmaras- best penetrater in the district, and ultimate competitor
G/F Chuck LoveJoy- Can shoot,pass,post up and defend anyone on the floor, and is only a Jr.
G/F Seth Kuchar- probably get some disagreement on this, but I see a good all around player
F/C Kelby Houchin- an immovable wall who makes up for lack of height
C Devin Barton- An absolute force once he gets the ball in his hands

2nd Team

G Demery Lawrence- Fantastic 3pt shooter if focused on his game
G/F Mitchell Owlboy- Very Quick, can shoot 3, and defend
F Jackson Unruh- Good all around player
F Nathen Messner- Solid post who plays tough defense
C Wambli Dubois- Improved tremendously last year, also very athletic for his size.

Senior Athlete: Devin Barton- 20 and 10 isn't out of the question

Coach: Rick Smith- Get his team refocused and back near the top of the region

Rankings

1. Carrington- Barton is terrific and surrounded by many solid players. Team has great depth. Will need an outside shooter to step up.

2. Four Winds- Will play better team ball without Ollie D. With scrambling lineups last yr. Smith found he has great depth. Will need Lawrence, Black, and LaRock refoucused this year. If they play to their potential this team could overtake Carrington

3. Lakota AE- 3 solid starters plus a good sub will be joined by Logan Erickson and Jorden Kuchar. Erickson is my pick for surprise player of the year, and Kuchar is a good hustle player. May be the most balanced team in district.

4. New Rockford S- Two great penitrators in Allmaras and Gular, Messner provides solid post presence. Depth could be and issue. Will need two more starters to step up. Good program here though.

5. Wells Co- Houchin is a force, Neumiller is a solid guard, will need bigger numbers from Knodel and Rogelsted in order to make the lead to regionals

6. Warwick. Jackson has unlimited range and will be very good some bay. Melvin Langstaff is the best playmaker in the district no ones heard of. Alden Black was instant offense comming off the bench last yr.
rest of the team is full of athletes but without any varsity experience.

7. Harvey- Will be very physical with 3 football players as their posts. guard play will be suspect

8. Maddock- Sears is a solid post when healthy. Couldn't figure out why Drew Laudinger didn't get more minutes last year. Whenever I saw him, he was making a great pass or knocking down threes. Lost alot of seniors off a bad team, so rest of the group will not be very experienced

9. Midkota- Will be very young, team has a bright future though.

Conclusion- Carrington and Four Winds are the top two dogs. Teams ranked 3-6 will battle for the remaining to region spots. Teams 7-9 are unfortunately destined for the bottom.
If winning isn't everything why do we keep score?
NE B-Baller 242
NDPreps Starter

Return to Boys