District 8 Preview

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

District 8 Preview

Postby NE B-Baller 242 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:20 pm

I'll use the same outline as last year: my pre-season awards, followed by my rankings with short descriptions, and a final conclusion
Feel free to disagree or comment :D :D

Pre-season 1st team

G Tanner Komrosky- great mid range shooter with tons of experience
G/F Travis Beck- Best one-on-one player in the district and best athlete
F Calvin Teubner- Great all around player who does a lot of the dirty work for North Star
F Grant Lindahl- Great shooter, and made me eat my words last year by becoming a good post up player
C Justin Anderson- absolute monster, who improved greatly over the course of his 1st varsity yr.

2nd Team

G Jacob Hagler- averaged close to 10ppg as a 8th grader, best pocket picker in district
G/F Cole Mitchell- uses his height to create mismatches all over the floor, will miss Wouri
G/F Matt Swanson- good all around player, we'll see how much he misses Hausman
F Blake Nelson- Solid post and rebounder
F/C Nic Pfeifer - Good post, with good ball handling and shooting for his size

Senior Athlete- Justin Anderson- will put up great numbers as the focal point of the offense.

Coach of the Year- Stan D.- Turns M/S athletes into a winning team

Rankings

1. North Star - Easy pick here with 4 of their starters making my preseason top ten. Young team last year that should only be better. Will improve if Caleb Beck returns to his sophomore form.

2. Munich Starkweather- Team full of great athletes. Beck is a mismatch. Hoffman improved greatly over the course of the year. Great JV coming up which will provide great depth. Klein's a great athlete and defensive presence. Team will lose this spot if he can't stay on the team.

3. Langdon Area- Anderson's a force in the lane who improved greatly as the yr went. Some good athletes coming up with little experience and JV success. Heard Jon Dinius is coming back this year. He led JV in scoring as a sophomore. Team will drop a few spots if they don't have him.

4. Rolla RL- Good young players in Mitchell and Joraanstad played big minutes last year. Will need good defensive posts Lange and Miller to improve offensive game. Decent depth. We'll see how much they will miss Wouri.

5. Rolette W- great post game with Pfeifer and Nelson. Jaden Pfeifer is a solid guard. In desperate need of some 3pt. shooters and ball handlers to step up outside Pfeifer's.

6. St. John- Lost alot. Good news is great JV with a ton of athletes comming up. Some good shooters and Posts with length. No proven varsity Scorers. Expect a slow start, but by the end of the year they should challenge anyone 2-5.

7. Leeds M- Lost two solid seniors. Matt Swanson is a good all around threat. Nelson is a good defender and hustle player. Darling is a good offensive player. Major problem will be in the post. The rest of the district is filled with great posts, but as of right now Leeds is lacking.

Conclusion- North Star should run away with the District. 2 spot is up for grabs but M/S and Langdon should be other front runners for regionals. Rolla and RW should be solid and with a few tweeks can challenge for that 2 spot. St. John has more potential than any team outside NS and by the end of the year can challenge for the 2 spot in the district. Unfortunately I see Leeds as the lock for seventh mainly because their lack of post play. But their coach got them rolling last year. Should be a great year as I see teams ranked 2-6 pretty close in talent level which should provide some great close games.
If winning isn't everything why do we keep score?
NE B-Baller 242
NDPreps Starter

Return to Boys