Top 4 from each district?

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby sportsguy2 » Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:06 pm

yeah but i think you can pretty much throw any team that he didnt mention at that number 4 spot 

i think after #3 the district is wide open
sportsguy2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Rocky » Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:11 am

LMM does have a coach...sorry about that...but they did just hire him. I still won't buy them as the number two team. I think we all can agree that Lamoure is the team to beat. #'s 2-9 are completely up for grabs in this district. My question is how does the 2, 3, 4 seeds in this district (whoever they may be) fair in the regionals?
Rocky
NDPreps Reserve

Postby sportsguy2 » Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:51 am

I think they will fair alright in regionals because of how weak District 6 is. I would take district 5's best 4 over district 6's best 4.
sportsguy2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:29 am

i tihnk your underestimating Linton and Steele.  Linton has argueably their 4 best players from last years team back with Paul still in the air from what ive heard.  If he can play i like their chances at taking the Region.  Steele as you all know has Bakkum, and a load of role players who will feed of him.  Dont be suprised to see both of these teams playing of the final night of regionals.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby hunter48 » Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:52 am

I would say Parshall is the clear favorite in District 15.  Then i say it could go anywhere from that.  Watford City will have there stud coming off an knee injury so Watfod depends on him.  Mandaree, New Town, and Stanley will battle to get into regionals but I think New Town and Stanley will have a better chance to make regionals over Mandaree.

Trinity is the only team that didnt lose almost everyone in District 16.  Tioga, Divide, and Ray all lost everyone basicly.  But I still dont see Trinity win the district.  Yes they havnt lost anyone but they havnt been that good in the past years.  Everyone talks about this Hansen kid but I have watched him and he doesnt do anything.  He just stands there.  Tioga will have some good young kids that are coming up that are athletic.  This district will be a toss up for who wins it.
hunter48

Postby sportsguy2 » Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:00 pm

I know Linton is probably going to be playing in the region championship, and steele will be contending for the title. I'm just sayin that I think district 5 is more than just LaMoure.
sportsguy2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby kvrnm » Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:17 pm

hunter48 wrote:I would say Parshall is the clear favorite in District 15.  Then i say it could go anywhere from that.  Watford City will have there stud coming off an knee injury so Watfod depends on him.  Mandaree, New Town, and Stanley will battle to get into regionals but I think New Town and Stanley will have a better chance to make regionals over Mandaree.

Trinity is the only team that didnt lose almost everyone in District 16.  Tioga, Divide, and Ray all lost everyone basicly.  But I still dont see Trinity win the district.  Yes they havnt lost anyone but they havnt been that good in the past years.  Everyone talks about this Hansen kid but I have watched him and he doesnt do anything.  He just stands there.  Tioga will have some good young kids that are coming up that are athletic.  This district will be a toss up for who wins it.

Tioga? obvioulsy u dont watch this district to closely.
kvrnm
NDPreps Starter

Postby digger » Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:19 am

I was out in the old home area over the weekend and read in the local paper that Neil Packineau suffered a broken leg in a recent football game.  Is that accurate?  What's the prognosis?  I hope that it's not too serious and he can get back into action this year for basketball.  If not, I would think losing a player of his caliber would have a big impact on the Braves program this year.
digger
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby COACHWEST » Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:07 am

kvrnm wrote:
hunter48 wrote:I would say Parshall is the clear favorite in District 15.  Then i say it could go anywhere from that.  Watford City will have there stud coming off an knee injury so Watfod depends on him.  Mandaree, New Town, and Stanley will battle to get into regionals but I think New Town and Stanley will have a better chance to make regionals over Mandaree.

Tioga? obvioulsy u dont watch this district to closely.

All that was said was that Tioga had some good young kids goming up.  I do not read that as Hunter picking Tioga.  It should be a very balanced District. 
COACHWEST
NDPreps Starter

Postby hunter48 » Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:35 am

Neil did brake his leg.  I heard two months but thats just what I was told. I do not know that for sure.
hunter48

Postby Pablo Sanchez » Wed Oct 11, 2006 4:21 pm

ya...........i heard neil should be back by january.............tough break for him.........that would struggle
Pablo Sanchez
NDPreps Rookie

Postby cash » Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:22 pm

Four Winds region, not sure which one it is...1. Wells County 2. Minn./Leeds 3. Harvey 4. Four Winds. As you can see, I put a sleeper team in there, Harvey. They from what I've heard have a lot of height, and could do well in the weak region. I also heard somewhere that Minn./Leeds was moved from this region...? Is that true? If so, this region I believe is Fessendens (Wells County) all the way.
cash
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby beachy » Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:25 pm

heck ya go BOSCHEE!!! besides phil jackson he could be nd's greatest!!!
beachy
NDPreps Starter

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:40 pm

cash wrote:Four Winds region, not sure which one it is...1. Wells County 2. Minn./Leeds 3. Harvey 4. Four Winds. As you can see, I put a sleeper team in there, Harvey. They from what I've heard have a lot of height, and could do well in the weak region. I also heard somewhere that Minn./Leeds was moved from this region...? Is that true? If so, this region I believe is Fessendens (Wells County) all the way.

Region 4. Leeds/Minn. didnt move regions, they moved districts, 7 to 8.  Harvey will not be top 4 in the region.  I think your thinking of districts.  They MIGHT be top 4 in the district but I hardly doubt top 4 in the region.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby gamechanger » Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:53 am

NATURAL TALENT wrote:District 7:  Wells County, Four Winds, Lakota, and Carrington

District 8: Leeds-Minnewaukan, Cando, Langdon and Adams Edmore

Other than WC, 4 Winds, and LM the Region will be really weak.

Dude u have no idea what ur talking about, Midkota is head and shoulders above lakota and carrington!  They are the only team in district 7 to have TWO all-district players coming back!
gamechanger
NDPreps Reserve

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:00 am

Who did they graduate? I know for sure they graduated Christianson who was one of their better players.  Midkota may be one of the top 4 in your eyes, not in mine. 2 all-district players returning doesnt mean anything, they could still go under .500. 7 will be a weak district outside of Wells and 4W.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby gamechanger » Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:07 am

Four winds is one of the weaker teams in district 7!  they lost 4 starters!  and 5 seniors!  no way their top two.  Their at the bottom of the district.
gamechanger
NDPreps Reserve

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:28 am

You can have your opinion, I will have mine. Your pullin for Midkota because thats where your from. Easy to do. 
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby Devils » Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:20 am

lakota is way to small, they have no big man at all....four winds has no one but ironheart...hard to win with one guy
Devils
NDPreps Reserve

Postby car1 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:17 am

District 5

1.  Kulm

2.  Edgeley

3. Ellendale

4.  LaMoure
car1
NDPreps Rookie

Postby rep » Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:15 am

car1 wrote:District 5

1.  Kulm

2.  Edgeley

3. Ellendale

4.  LaMoure

what are the reasons for your picks?

i nearly blew mountain dew out of my nose...i'm not sure which is funnier...edgeley second or lamoure fourth...

i don't think edgeley will have as bad a year as they had last year, but i don't know if i'm ready to say they will turn it around to the point where they are contending for a district championship.

i'm also of the belief that lamoure will have no trouble winning the region, but i don't think we are covering anything new there.

rep

Postby Thunder66 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:38 pm

District 3

Thompson, MPCG, Hatton-Northwood, and Larimore.  Thompson probably has an advantage due to their experience but the other 3 are pretty equal and not far behind, dakota prairie could also be a sleeper
Last edited by Thunder66 on Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thunder66

Postby baseball » Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:43 pm

car1 wrote:District 5

1.  Kulm

2.  Edgeley

3. Ellendale

4.  LaMoure

what the duece...........:?
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby razorback » Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:03 pm

Thunder66 wrote:District 3

Thompson, MPCG, Hatton-Northwood, and Larimore.  Thompson probably has an advantage due to their experience but the other 3 are pretty equal and not far behind, dakota prairie could also be a sleeper

ya, dp shouldnt be too bad this year, in the past years they have had some pretty bad coaches but this year curt herman is steppin in to coach
razorback
NDPreps Reserve

Previous

Return to Boys