Top Ten 06-07

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby LiveTheLife... For The Lo » Sun Jul 16, 2006 2:54 pm

1.Parshall
2. LaMoure
3.Thompson
4. Hazen
5.Kindred
6.Linton

7.Standing Rock

8.Beulah

9.Dickinson Trinity
10.Kenmare
Last edited by LiveTheLife... For The Lo on Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LiveTheLife... For The Lo
NDPreps Reserve

Postby power-aid14 » Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:36 am

are these official rankings?
flippin idiot
power-aid14
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby LiveTheLife... For The Lo » Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:04 am

no...these aren't official rankings.  I just want people's predictions on what the top ten teams in the state will be.
Last edited by LiveTheLife... For The Lo on Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndbb » Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:01 am

Kindred wont be two
ndbb
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby power-aid14 » Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:46 am

Kenmare is so overrated
flippin idiot
power-aid14
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Y-not Daily » Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:13 am

I agree about Kenmare... The Honkers will be good, but probably not top 10 IMO. There has to be some more east teams than just Kindred and Thompson that will be up there. I don't know of any, but I'm guessing May-Port (who has Lorenz coming back) and I'm sure there are others.
If Parshall can find some role players, they will be tough to beat. The Packineaus are both tough and Rudy Young Bird is a very talented player that could unstoppable if he plays with a little chip on his shoulder.
Jake Myrick and Tyler Kellar did a lot for the Braves last season, even though it didn't always show up in the stat sheets.
But you have to say that Parshall has the best returning nucleus in the state.
Y-not Daily

Postby rep » Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:43 am

i think the problem with not knowing about a whole lot of teams is that there was a ton of graduations and so a lot of teams are going into the season not really knowing what to expect.

when i look at region 3 (the only region i really know anything about), pbk loses a bunch, ellendale loses a bunch, central prarie, ashley, wtpr, strasburg-zeeland and tappen yup, they all lose a bunch. and really, lamoure's team is going to almost be completely different because they have three graduating starters (though the talent they return is amazing). edgeley looks to be in rough shape, as does hmb with the graduation of fettig. lmm might not be too bad, napoleon and wishek weren't that consistent last year.

i think the sleeper team in the region (i can't believe i'm calling them a sleeper team) is linton. steele will have bakkum back, but i think they graduate four starters? if so, that might be too much to overcome when considering linton will have a clear experience edge. but really, i don't see any other team in district 6 that has a chance of beating linton or steele. and honestly, i don't believe there is anyone that will beat lamoure in district 5. maybe bcn, but they are too much of an unknown at this point. the stutsman county tournament will go a long way toward establishing credibility for that team.  

having not seen their schedules, i hope that linton and lamoure get a chance to play in the regular season. i believe they played each other toward the end of the year last year.

i think that region 3 top to bottom won't be as strong last year. last year it seemed as though every team had a senior or two that was basically the leading scorer and had been for while. this year i see the region going towards a bit more of a youth movement.
rep

Postby Ming01 » Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:08 am

rep wrote:i think the problem with not knowing about a whole lot of teams is that there was a ton of graduations and so a lot of teams are going into the season not really knowing what to expect.

when i look at region 3 (the only region i really know anything about), pbk loses a bunch, ellendale loses a bunch, central prarie, ashley, wtpr, strasburg-zeeland and tappen yup, they all lose a bunch. and really, lamoure's team is going to almost be completely different because they have three graduating starters (though the talent they return is amazing). edgeley looks to be in rough shape, as does hmb with the graduation of fettig. lmm might not be too bad, napoleon and wishek weren't that consistent last year.

i think the sleeper team in the region (i can't believe i'm calling them a sleeper team) is linton. steele will have bakkum back, but i think they graduate four starters? if so, that might be too much to overcome when considering linton will have a clear experience edge. but really, i don't see any other team in district 6 that has a chance of beating linton or steele. and honestly, i don't believe there is anyone that will beat lamoure in district 5. maybe bcn, but they are too much of an unknown at this point. the stutsman county tournament will go a long way toward establishing credibility for that team.  

having not seen their schedules, i hope that linton and lamoure get a chance to play in the regular season. i believe they played each other toward the end of the year last year.

i think that region 3 top to bottom won't be as strong last year. last year it seemed as though every team had a senior or two that was basically the leading scorer and had been for while. this year i see the region going towards a bit more of a youth movement.

Yeah i agree on Linton.  They should be atleast top 5 in the state.  They have depth and a very talented senior class.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby bballer2 » Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:43 pm

Ming01 wrote:
rep wrote:i think the problem with not knowing about a whole lot of teams is that there was a ton of graduations and so a lot of teams are going into the season not really knowing what to expect.

Yeah i agree on Linton.  They should be atleast top 5 in the state.  They have depth and a very talented senior class.

i know what your saying that linton is a sleeper team but i think they are just as much a power house... they are a much better team than lamoure and i think linton is the favorite out of the region with there 6th man being dan carr (probably there best player) lol... linton has a very good team and i think it is then lamoure and probably steele after them...
bballer2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:08 pm

Depends on whos picking favorites, right now don hanson from the hoopster picks lamoure. Its all a guessing game until the season starts anyway.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball » Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:07 am

NATURAL TALENT wrote:Depends on whos picking favorites, right now don hanson from the hoopster picks lamoure. Its all a guessing game until the season starts anyway.

It's always a guessing game. it doesnt stop once the season starts.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby bballuvr » Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:08 am

bballer2 wrote:
Ming01 wrote:

i know what your saying that linton is a sleeper team but i think they are just as much a power house... they are a much better team than lamoure and i think linton is the favorite out of the region with there 6th man being dan carr (probably there best player) lol... linton has a very good team and i think it is then lamoure and probably steele after them...

Bballer, you say that "Linton is a much better team than LaMoure". I know a little about both teams returning talent. Tell me where you see "much" better. Just curious. Anyone that has been around at all knows that Linton has an outstanding program, one of the best for sure. They will not be a sleeper ever, and won't sneak up on anybody. They are capable of beating anybody at any given time many years know matter their record. Having said that, I'm still curious about your statement.

LaMoure knows as well as anybody about Linton's quality. They've had their season end at the hand of the Lions a few times since entering the Region in 93. But LaMoure will get over that hump one of these years. Region 3 will be fun again.
bballuvr
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:22 am

Linton will be better then Lamoure this year.  Lamoure has to change their whole defensive game because they lose Arndt.  The only time i saw them go man last year was the last 30 seconds of the region championship.  They sat in that 2-3 and let PBK take 90 seconds off the clock because they were scared to go man because they never do.  Linton doesn't have to change anything.  They have their studs back and depending on if Eric Paul can play they have basically all their scoring left with Weber, Praus, Bosch, and Purintun who will only be a sophomore.

Linton is better then Lamoure.
Last edited by baseball on Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby LiveTheLife... For The Lo » Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:36 pm

Why would you change that defense when the 2-3 was working? And that shot Florhaug had was with a hand or two in his face. They weren't scared to go man, i know.
NDPreps Reserve

Postby rep » Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:55 pm

LiveTheLife... For The Lord wrote:Why would you change that defense when the 2-3 was working? And that shot Florhaug had was with a hand or two in his face. They weren't scared to go man, i know.

and honestly...isn't that all the proof you need?
rep

Postby baseball » Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:26 pm

exactly....they couldnt get a stop when they needed one thats why they never went man.  and i never said the 2-3 didnt work, i was just stating they will have to change that now because they dont have that 'thing' cloggin up the lane anymore.
Last edited by baseball on Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:39 pm

All it takes is one person in the middle who wants to play D. My team in high school played a zone 98% the time, junior year we had a 5-10 guy playing the middle and a 6-3 and a 5-11 playing the wings. My senior year we were fortunate to have a 6-4 underclassman(soph) step up big time in the off season and he became a starter.  A zone doesnt need a big man in the middle, thats why its a zone, you have to help each other out.
Last edited by NATURAL TALENT on Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby clickclack » Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:41 pm

baseball wrote:Linton will be better then Lamoure this year.  Lamoure has to change their whole defensive game because they lose Arndt.  The only time i saw them go man last year was the last 30 seconds of the region championship.  They sat in that 2-3 and let PBK take 90 seconds off the clock because they were scared to go man because they never do.  Linton doesn't have to change anything.  They have their studs back and depending on if Eric Paul can play they have basically all their scoring left with Weber, Praus, Bosch, and Purintun who will only be a sophomore.

Linton is better then Lamoure.

LaMoure tried to switch to man, but the crowd was too loud and no one could hear their coach.  He said that later on the radio.  LaMoure also played man the first half of the season, they switched when they played P-B-K to give them a different look.
clickclack
NDPreps Rookie

Postby clickclack » Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:12 pm

baseball wrote:exactly....they couldnt get a stop when they needed one thats why they never went man.  and i never said the 2-3 didnt work, i was just stating they will have to change that now because they dont have that 'thing' cloggin up the lane anymore.

That "thing" lead the state in blocks in the 2005 season. Arndt also set LaMoure's rebounding and blocked shots records. Arndt started since he was a freshman so he is more than just a "thing." 
Last edited by clickclack on Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
clickclack
NDPreps Rookie

Postby bballuvr » Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:59 am

Good stuff back and forth. LaMoure will enjoy the "Linton is better" talk and use it as even more motivation if they need more.

LaMoure's coach prefers man when talking to him. They will probably play a lot of it next year. The "thing" comment about Michael Arndt is hilarious. One interesting thing about him is that probably 2% of the people on this website know what it is like to be 6'7" and 285lbs. [I see that at Shrine football time he was at 305.] He was a force. He could have gotten up and down a little quicker at times, but overall did a pretty fine job during his career. It is true that LaMoure, and any team losing a BIG man, will have to change some things. The beauty of new seasons.

To say LaMoure was "scared" to go man is hilarious. I visited with the coach one day about that game. It was a great one. There are always a thing or two you might think you should  have done differently, etc. I've talked with a lot of Region 3 fans, some great basketball fans, and there are a few ideas about what they would have done. Mostly, it is a great game to remember and talk about. A great PBK team was one shot better than a very good LaMoure team. The LaMoure fans I've talked with were bummed, but gave a great deal of repect to PBK, as they should.

The PBK team was a great one and one free throw away from winning 2 of 3 at state. Thats solid.

One writer said that Region 3 will not be as deep as last year. I think thats true. But I'm sure it will be a couple fun nights during Region semis and finals. Some writers here say Linton all the way. Not a bad pick. LaMoure will be a major factor and will enjoy the talk and the target on Linton as it is most years. BCN, Steele and others will enjoy that talk and just play their ball and be there too maybe.
bballuvr
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bballer2 » Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:22 am

[user=427]bballuvr[/user] wrote:

Bballer, you say that "Linton is a much better team than LaMoure". I know a little about both teams returning talent. Tell me where you see "much" better. Just curious. Anyone that has been around at all knows that Linton has an outstanding program, one of the best for sure. They will not be a sleeper ever, and won't sneak up on anybody. They are capable of beating anybody at any given time many years know matter their record. Having said that, I'm still curious about your statement.

LaMoure knows as well as anybody about Linton's quality. They've had their season end at the hand of the Lions a few times since entering the Region in 93. But LaMoure will get over that hump one of these years. Region 3 will be fun again.

Much better was an incorrect statement of mine but i do think Linton is a better team with experience and probably more better players.  Don't get me wrong Lamoure has a good team but i really do think losing Arndt will kill them not offensively but defensively.  Shockman and Holen are good players but you have more hands in faces with teams always playing them man to man... Lamoure will be rated higher in the preseason poll and the hoopster poll which they should be because of the season they had last year but i do think in the long run if they play in the regional tournament Linton has better coaching not taking anything away from Lamoures coach because he is good too but Dan Carr is amazing thats where the difference is... i have a lot of respect for Dan Carr and his program and i think they will be on top if it all goes right...
bballer2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bballuvr » Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:02 pm

Hi Bballer,

Thanks for the reply. You make some solid points. Dan Carr's record and legacy speak for themselves. His athletes are pretty darn good too.  You are right about LaMoure's coach. He has done and is doing a pretty good job. He took a Glenburn football program from literally ready to be dropped, to the playoffs in 3-4 years. He has done a fine job as a legion baseball coach also in the past. Can't give you records. I'm not, [nor would he as much as I know him], trying to compare his accomplishments with Mr. Carr's. He's in a small group.

I tend to think Linton could be a favorite by tourney time too. Maybe. LaMoure has a bright immediate future as they will probably start 3 pretty solid juniors. If LaMoure is smart enough, and I think they are, they will not give much note to the pre-season poll. Nice to be mentioned, but rather meanignless in the long run. Kind of fun for talk though.
bballuvr
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ticket0115 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:23 am

what about Turtle Lake?

ticket0115
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndbb » Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:57 pm

why not May-Port, they lose height, but last time I checked they still had Luke Lorenz and Coach Nelson.
ndbb
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby rep » Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:48 pm

i think the biggest loss on the team (i think he graduated anyway) was the frye kid...absolutely great player. one of those kids that wins awards and you look at his stats and you can't figure it out. and then you see him play...it is the little things (i.e. a steal here, an assist there, maybe a deflection). he was a treat to watch.
rep

Next

Return to Boys