Top Ten 06-07

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby Dizza30 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:43 pm

ndbb wrote:why not May-Port, they lose height, but last time I checked they still had Luke Lorenz and Coach Nelson.

i agree, may-port is taking state
Dizza30
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:45 pm

its always tough to bet against mayport but who do they have back besides Lorenz.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndfan » Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:55 pm

I really don't see MPCG winning state next year. Lorenz is the only thing they have coming back that I can think of and region 2 is usually a very competitive region. Coach Nelson I think will have his hands full trying to find some kids to put around Lorenz but he's a coach that could do it. Will be interesting to see.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby kvrnm » Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:10 pm

even tho i play in this region and were supposed to be the second best in the region, its just hard not to say parshalls the best team in the state. i play for williston trinity and get the privilege of watchin these guys play quite a bit they r the best team in the state in my estimation.
kvrnm
NDPreps Starter

Postby OldmanBBall » Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:37 pm

LaMoure shouldn't be 3. Players are too weak.
OldmanBBall

Postby sportsguy2 » Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:19 am

I disagree. LaMoure might not be the same stregnth wise ,but with the athletes they have they are the number 3 team in the state without question.
sportsguy2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:53 am

didnt kindred lose basically everyone from last years team?
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndman11 » Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:31 pm

I play for Oak Grove so i know a little bit on the Kindred team. They easily return the most out of anyone in the region. 4 starters i believe. But I will tell you right now that they will not be #2 in the state. The starters coming back are all average players but personally i dont think the have a true leader to take them there. They should be tough in the region. We did play them over the summer and we did beat them with half are varsity team, not saying summer league proves much. Kindred def will be the most experianced but i wouldnt be surprised if they are knocked out in the region tournament, they will be just a good team not great.

Just my thought
ndman11
NDPreps Starter

Postby beans3 » Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:12 am

[user=93]Ming01[/user] wrote:   Yeah i agree on Linton.  They should be atleast top 5 in the state.  They have depth and a very talented senior class.

If Linton should be at least a top 5 team in state then what should Mott/Regent be considering they beat Linton last year and the Wildfire return everyone from last years team!
beans3

Postby baseball » Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:43 pm

Linton shoudl nto be top 5......they arent that deep, Weber, Praus, Bosch, Purintun.  4 players isnt really considered a deep team.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Mr. Me Too » Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:53 pm

Beulah will be awesome with my boy Casey Becker, he will be just amazing this year and take them to the State Class B tourney. . .
-->aMA[z]iNg<--
Mr. Me Too
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:33 am

I dont know how you can say May Port is up there in the top 10 state rankings.  They might be ranked that high in their own region and thats even a stretch.  Yes, they do have Lorenz coming back, but thats all they have coming back.  I'm not sure if the bench role players that are going to be fillin in the starting spots of last years seniors are going to do the job.  They won't have any inside game this year outside of what Luke does down there.  Baldwin at 6'6 was a starter for three years and now they're looking at either Troy Dale (6'3 junior, not real athletic but strong) or Baldwins younger brother (not sure on the name, but he won't be as good as James).  Ryan Baldock is coming off a football injury so you dont know how effective he'll be and if that knee will hold up.  It doesn't really matter what the rankings are in the preseason anyway because 95% of the time we're usually way off.  I just can't wait untill the season starts, should be another fun season of basketball in Class B!
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:36 am

Dizza30 wrote:
ndbb wrote:why not May-Port, they lose height, but last time I checked they still had Luke Lorenz and Coach Nelson.

i agree, may-port is taking state

there is no chance may port is taking state. may port is not even taking their district.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Duce » Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:37 am

Right on...i play for Thompson and i know they wont be taking our district. Lorenz and....lorenz and......ball boy? This distric will be very good this year. I know Nelson will put together a solid team though since he is the best coach in the state hands down.
*Lead not by words, but by example
Duce
NDPreps Reserve

Postby boysbballfan » Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:15 pm

does anyone know how trinity will be i know they return two starters keithly and rising but hows the supporting cast.
"If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?"
--Vince Lombardi
boysbballfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby bballer2 » Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:42 am

beans3 wrote:[user=93]Ming01[/user] wrote:   Yeah i agree on Linton.  They should be atleast top 5 in the state.  They have depth and a very talented senior class.

If Linton should be at least a top 5 team in state then what should Mott/Regent be considering they beat Linton last year and the Wildfire return everyone from last years team!

just because you beat them last year really doesn't mean anything... linton was fairly weak last year and were going threw groing pains... they will be a very good team this year and i think they will end up being the top team in the region and will make a good appearence at the state tournament... mott regeant... descent team but not as good as linton with out a doubt...  linton is better then mott regent and u cant just take one game from last year and say that they should be rated higher because of that...
bballer2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cubsfan » Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:26 pm

i will let the whole state in on a little secret. the only boys sport that thompson is good is baseball, and the only reason they do good in that is because of pure natural talent and great coaching. but when it comes to any other sport especially basketball they always choke. they might win the district and they might not even make the region tournament. you just never tell. central valley has a better chance to make it to state then thompson does.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby razorback » Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:48 pm

cubsfan wrote:i will let the whole state in on a little secret. the only boys sport that thompson is good is baseball, and the only reason they do good in that is because of pure natural talent and great coaching. but when it comes to any other sport especially basketball they always choke. they might win the district and they might not even make the region tournament. you just never tell. central valley has a better chance to make it to state then thompson does.

jesus.... i take it your from mayville
razorback
NDPreps Reserve

Postby rep » Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:58 pm

razorback wrote:
cubsfan wrote:i will let the whole state in on a little secret. the only boys sport that thompson is good is baseball, and the only reason they do good in that is because of pure natural talent and great coaching. but when it comes to any other sport especially basketball they always choke. they might win the district and they might not even make the region tournament. you just never tell. central valley has a better chance to make it to state then thompson does.

jesus.... i take it your from mayville

where are you from...hatton???

'you are' or you're
Last edited by rep on Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rep

Postby classb_fan00 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:53 pm

OldmanBBall wrote:LaMoure shouldn't be 3. Players are too weak.

LaMoure won't be 3. They might be 6-10. Its not that their players are weak, I just  don't think they are going to mesh very well.
I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me.
Larry Bird
classb_fan00
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby berry186 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:56 pm

classb_fan00 wrote:

LaMoure won't be 3. They might be 6-10. Its not that their players are weak, I just  don't think they are going to mesh very well.

why wont they mesh very well they played together all summer long
berry186
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:58 pm

classb_fan00 wrote:

even if they dont "mesh" their players are good enough to carry them to more than 6 wins.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby berry186 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:59 pm

baseball wrote:
classb_fan00 wrote:

even if they dont "mesh" their players are good enough to carry them to more than 6 wins.
what do you mean about more than 6 wins
berry186
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:06 pm

he said they might go 6-10, what i meant was that even if they dont mesh they are still talented enough to contend for the region.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby classb_fan00 » Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:58 am

baseball wrote:he said they might go 6-10, what i meant was that even if they dont mesh they are still talented enough to contend for the region.

that might be ranked between 6-10 in the state.
I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me.
Larry Bird
classb_fan00
NDPreps All-Conference

PreviousNext

Return to Boys