Hoopster pre-season picks

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby baseball » Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:38 pm

that takes away anyone who plays class a's arguement.....simply put a B team beat an A teams varsity. enough said.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Dizza30 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:45 pm

baseball wrote:that takes away anyone who plays class a's arguement.....simply put a B team beat an A teams varsity. enough said.

i agree
Dizza30
NDPreps Starter

Postby kvrnm » Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:47 pm

i totally agree
kvrnm
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:50 pm

Dizza30 wrote:
baseball wrote:that takes away anyone who plays class a's arguement.....simply put a B team beat an A teams varsity. enough said.

i agree

We actually agree...haha what do ya know.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Ming01 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:02 pm

Well Parshall is good I remember playing them in traveling ball in junior high and they always beat the good class A teams.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:05 pm

Ming01 wrote:Well Parshall is good I remember playing them in traveling ball in junior high and they always beat the good class A teams.

your digging your class A friends in a pretty deep hole....
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Ming01 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:06 pm

Well they would admit Parshall is good also.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:11 pm

yes but as i ahve read in other topics. it doesnt matter how good a class B team is they will never beat class A.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Ming01 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:13 pm

Theres a few that can beat some class a teams.  I know for a fact that Parshall would beat St. Mary's in basketball this year.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:27 am

Ming01 wrote:Theres a few that can beat some class a teams.  I know for a fact that Parshall would beat St. Mary's in basketball this year.

keep digging that hole...
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby ticket0115 » Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:26 am

Im just saying watch out for turtle lake.
ticket0115
NDPreps Starter

Postby jwb262 » Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:09 am

I will promise that there are a few class B teams that can beat the Ateams! Ive watched HS basketball since the year of 1984 (in Oklahoma). Each and every season there are alot of matchups between the Lower classes (2a-B) and the Larger classes (6A-5A). It never fails with a couple of upsets over top-flight Large school teams. I wont say its the norm of course, just the fact it happens, even with the best large school-small school match-ups. http://www.ossaa.com/partners/ossaa/sports/basketball/bkb_boys_history.html

scroll down to the year of 1985. my HS baseball coach was the shooting guard on the smithville team , they defeated the Washington(5A champion) team, whom was nationally ranked!
jwb262
NDPreps Starter

Postby bisonman » Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:12 am

baseball wrote:They may not have the greatest of standout players but they have a coach a few people might have heard of...Dan Carr. (Father of Mr. Everything Kyle Carr)

Dan Carr does make things happen.
bisonman
NDPreps Starter

Postby stat » Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:07 am

What ARE U TALKING ABOUT nobody can evn come close to staying with Parshall when their on top of their game , look forward to seeing them at state this year!! PIECE
stat
NDPreps Rookie

Postby scruffy » Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:36 am

Quote.."nobody can come close to Parshall when they're on top of their game"...Question.....Where did they finish last year???  Did they win it all???
No whiners allowed! The journey is the reward!
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Postby COACHWEST » Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:17 am

Seems to me that Parshall was not undefeated last year and played some close games on their tourney run.  There is probably no question that they are the favorite in Region 8, but they have some huge holes to fill.  Game will change a little without Myrick to handle the ball and play defense, but I think they will miss Keller doing all of the dirty work the most.
COACHWEST
NDPreps Starter

Postby dc34 » Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:53 pm

kvrnm wrote:r u sure about that? i havent seen anything quite like the packineaus before, theyre freakin good. there was a team camp here in williston and the championship game had parshall against coyotes varsity, qvales and all, and parshall won. thats sayin somthin beatin a class A school like that, willsiston had all there varsity their to.

I'm gonna agree with him on this. The packineaus are dang good. They went to a Kansas Jayhawks camp this summer as well as some camp in Wyoming i think. And the thing is, they did pretty well at those camps. The twins are good, and most teams will have trouble stopping them
dc34
NDPreps Rookie

Postby baseball » Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:11 pm

another point i have as why some of the best playes dont play AAU in summer i dont remember hearing the packineaus in summer ball??
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby nd-ball41 » Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:17 pm

baseball wrote:another point i have as why some of the best playes dont play AAU in summer i dont remember hearing the packineaus in summer ball??

not all of the players in the state that get asked can afford to be on those AAU teams
nd-ball41

Postby baseball » Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:23 am

i didnt say they could? i just simply said just because you play AAU doesnt make you the best players in the state and the packineaus are my example.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby digger » Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:54 am

Good point about AAU ball.  Many  high school and college coaches dislike the impact AAU ball has had on players.  AAU does give the players added opportunities to "be seen", but in what context?  Being able to showcase athleticism, one on one ability, etc., is fine, but how does a player take his individual talents and translate them to fit within the team.  There are many very good players who work on fundamentals, improving specific areas of weakness, or spend time going to team camps, and bypass the whole AAU thing. 
digger
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby J-Rod34 » Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:58 pm

I have to say that are agree with everyone on the Parshall thoughts. I also agree that they are one of the top teams i the state if not the best Class B team in the state. The Packineau's are two very special athletes that when they have an average night it is tough to compete against the team. Because of this Parshall is one of the select few teams that will have complete control of how far the want to go in the 2007-2007 season.
J-Rod34

Postby rezball34 » Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:53 pm

scruffy wrote:Quote.."nobody can come close to Parshall when they're on top of their game"...Question.....Where did they finish last year???  Did they win it all???

last year is last year!.............its history:shock:........this year the PARSHALL BRAVES ARE UNSTOPPABLE they cant be beat and wont be beat!! they went to a few team camps this summer and didnt lose a single game!!! Neil Packineau,Nathaniel Packineau, and Rudy Young Bird= DYNAMIC OFFENSIVE TRIO :D
rezball34
NDPreps Rookie

Postby kvrnm » Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:14 am

even if parshall loses some games. they are definetly the most exciting team in the state to watch.

kvrnm
NDPreps Starter

Postby Lamby » Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:16 pm

jvedaa wrote:i think beula will win there region and williston trinity and parshall will be in the region finals in region 8 but wililston trinity has 4 juinors and 1 sophomore starting no seniors and they 3 have been starting since they were freshman and the sophomore was sixth man as an 8th grader trinity should represent

The only thing They 3 will be representing in the academically ineligible list. And when Parshall beat the so-called williston varisty, williston had not even half of their varisty playing and they had to pick up some random friends to play on the team.
Lamby

PreviousNext

Return to Boys