Darkhorse Team

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby ballplayer_05 » Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:20 pm

Last edited by ballplayer_05 on Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ballplayer_05
NDPreps Rookie

Postby rep » Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:26 pm

i see them as the second-best team in district 5 right now, behind lamoure. sizer is an accomplished scorer for being young, but other than him, i think the rest of their offense is spot-up shooters. i have no clue how good they are defensively.

lamoure has three pretty legit scorers in shockman, holen and with edgeley's brandenburg transfering, but defensively they are going to have a brand new scheme (i would have to believe) with arndt graduating.

other than that in the district 5/region 3 i'm not quite positive as to who is bringing back what.
rep

Postby point/center » Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:58 am

what's up with Brandeburg 'transferring'?
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby rep » Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:50 am

from everything i heard last winter, the coach was having trouble getting the kids to buy into his system. considering they lost to tappen in the district play-in game, i'm going to assume they never bought into it.
rep

Postby baseball » Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:59 am

Don't say that Tappen is crap because they havnet had a good season in a while.  This past season they really started to gel together and worked well as a team.  If the Stroh boys weren't leaving i would say Tappen would have a good chance at playing in the Regional Tourney.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby rep » Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:03 pm

tappen is what it is, a team that beat edgeley in the district play in game. i wasn't knocking tappen, i was stating that is who edgeley lost to in the district play-in game.
rep

Postby point/center » Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:06 pm

well LaMoure should be stacked. To bad for Edgeleys coach. pretty sad when the kid jumps ship rather than work in the system. tells you he's really a team player.

why would LaMoure want that?

point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby rep » Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:11 pm

point/center wrote:well LaMoure should be stacked. To bad for Edgeleys coach. pretty sad when the kid jumps ship rather than work in the system. tells you he's really a team player.

why would LaMoure want that?

maybe he is more of a team player than the coach? i don't really know the coach down there all too well, and i can't say i've ever talked to brandenburg, though i know of his family. as far as i'm concerned, either one could be to blame because i have no clue what has transpired between the two.
rep

Postby point/center » Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:22 pm

like anything else i'm sure there's more than enough blame to go around. I've never been a fan of athletic HS transfers. college? fine. but HS...ugh....if ma/pa are moving I've no problem. But just for the simple case of not seeing eye to eye with the coach? these are kids. what's next? alter boys moving across town 'cause the priest made them hold the incense to long?

point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby rep » Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:33 pm

i would think a kid going to school in edgeley would transfer to kulm if he/she was going to transfer anywhere. with instead going to lamoure, which might be poised for a state tournament run, yeah, it makes me kind of wonder.

but, who knows, maybe there is a legit reason why he is going to one place versus another.
rep

Postby bballuvr » Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:25 am

I hear what you are saying PC. However, he apparently chose to go to Lamoure. That does not mean that LaMoure "wanted" that. He chose, not LaMoure.

Last edited by bballuvr on Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
bballuvr
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby power-aid14 » Fri Jun 30, 2006 10:53 am

wont hazen be pretty good this year? i remember playing them last year and they had 1 senior who got to play right at the end of the game...
flippin idiot
power-aid14
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby CLASSB2001 » Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:55 pm

I know that North borders jv team has won like 40 games in a row with a 6'11" kid moving up from jv.  I think he is playing aau this summer with lorenz.
CLASSB2001
NDPreps Reserve

Postby point/center » Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:16 am

talked to a former Loboe player and word is that Brandenburg may end up being 6th man. How's the taste?

point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby point/center » Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:03 am

If Edgeley was in Wisconsin Brandenberg would be sitting out his senior year. I think the time has come for ND to look at this situation before it gets out of hand..or is it already?

http://bleacherbumz.blogspot.com/

point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:40 am

CLASSB2001 wrote:I know that North borders jv team has won like 40 games in a row with a 6'11" kid moving up from jv.  I think he is playing aau this summer with lorenz.

I've heard about this kid.  to me it seems a little sad though that he was playing JV his Junior year in high school when he's 6'11".  He can't be very good if he's not playing varsity just for his size.  And about Brandenburg, how can they possibly have the starting line-up set already.  The season is still 5 months away, the best coaches give their lineups based on the performance in practice not the stats from teh year before.  who would play ahead of him, Holen, Shockman, Watkins,..........who are the other 2.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby point/center » Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:25 pm

can you go back and repeate the part where you said that stuff about that thing?

point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby LiveTheLife... For The Lo » Sat Jul 08, 2006 2:41 pm

Last edited by LiveTheLife... For The Lo on Mon Aug 21, 2006 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LiveTheLife... For The Lo
NDPreps Reserve

Postby lambboy » Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:01 pm

i no that hazen is going to be good this year. last year they had arguably the best freshman in the state. basically all there key players are returning, remember, they gave bowman a run for there money twice last year.
lambboy
NDPreps Starter

Postby project-pat » Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:56 am

touchey:up: lambboy. nice post. way to give your :2cents:. As a region 7 basketball fan, that sure gave me a scare when bowman barely edged hazen last year at solberg gymnasium. I'm lookin forward to watching bowman play under the new coach Tyler Senn. This is gonna be interesting.
project-pat

Postby kvrnm » Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:35 am

a dark horse team out of region 8, parshalls region,look for williston trinity returning 4 starters with one of the best offensive teams in the state, can score with anyobody. just need to work on D a little.
kvrnm
NDPreps Starter

Postby ticket0115 » Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:15 pm

Turtle Lake is definently the Darkhorse out of there Region.
ticket0115
NDPreps Starter

Postby classb_fan00 » Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:06 pm

bcn has a couple guys that know how to play.
Last edited by classb_fan00 on Sun Aug 13, 2006 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me.
Larry Bird
classb_fan00
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby classb_fan00 » Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:22 pm

If BCN can get consistant play out of their guards(i don't know names) and Sizer performs like we all know he can in my opinion they will be a force to be reckoned with.
I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me.
Larry Bird
classb_fan00
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby scruffy » Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:51 pm

Trinity, Beulah, and Hazen will be tops in region 7.  Beulah because of the size of their program, Hazen because of their experience coming back, and Trinity because their JV and freshman teams abused almost everyone they played last year.....
No whiners allowed! The journey is the reward!
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Next

Return to Boys