top class B athletes

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby rep » Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:13 am

ndsportsfan98 wrote:The Hoopster is out! One was mailed to our school library today (10/26)  I'm not sure if they've been sent out to the bookstores yet.  The season is right around the corner!!!

i got my copy of it today and i can hardly concentrate on work...i wanna flip through it...i want to boo and hiss at the choices...i want to praise some of the other insight...

you know you are from north dakota when:

1) pizza from a gas station is considered a delicacy. (mmmmmm hot stuff)

2) hoopster day ranks right up there with national holidays.

i love being from north dakota
rep

Postby Tigger » Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:31 am

I would say Luke Lorenz has to be considered on of the top athletes in class B.  Don't believe what you read in the Pigskin Preview about MPCG.  Their line isn't nearly as good as it was advertised to be.  If Jordan Flaten wasn't running the ball as well as he is, Lorenz would probably have a couple million concussions.  Lorenz is a good quarterback and can wing it when asked to.  I've also seen him make some big runs that have allowed the Patriots to still be playing.  In basketball he's the best defender around, no argument.  He maybe isn't a premier scorer, but he hasn't needed to be in that system.  Though he is a good track athlete, I wish he still played baseball because he was an excellent outfielder and a workhorse on the mound, but he gave it up to go to all the summer camps that the other sports require.
Tigger
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby digger » Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:01 am

I'm not annointing him for sainthood or anything, but I couldn't agree more on Luke Lorenz.  He competes hard at everything he does, maximizes his ability, has the respect of teamates and opponents, and consistently performs at a high level.  There are a number of guys who represent the great things about high school athletics, Lorenz is definitely one of them.
digger
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby CLU_08 » Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:04 pm

jvedaa wrote:i wuld have to go with jarek hanson he is up there for only being a junior

sorry that was a little harsh. yes he can jump. but he isn't one of the best athletes in the state.
Last edited by CLU_08 on Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am a flat stud. No other way around it!!
CLU_08
NDPreps Rookie

Postby bballer2 » Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:18 pm

CLU_08 wrote:
jvedaa wrote:i wuld have to go with jarek hanson he is up there for only being a junior

I like it how everyone else is saying actually good players like derek benter and landon smith and then you just throw out jarek hanson who isn't very good. 1. he doesnt play defense. so just because ur from there doesn't mean u have to put him in the category he doens't belong in.

sounds like someone is a lil bitter towards jarek hanson... he is a good player... ya he does have things to work on but the truth is he is a top class b athlete cuz the kid can flat out jump... good shooter.. ya some things he has to work on but heck so does lebron james... so ya i think he is a stop class b athlete
bballer2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby hunter48 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:31 am

CLU_08 wrote:

I like it how everyone else is saying actually good players like derek benter and landon smith and then you just throw out jarek hanson who isn't very good. 1. he doesnt play defense. so just because ur from there doesn't mean u have to put him in the category he doens't belong in.

I agree with you that Jarek Hanson does not belong in that group.  He has never been that good and he wasnt even Trinity best player last year and they wernt even very good. In my opinion he isnt even close to a top player in the state. 
hunter48

Postby baseball » Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:00 am

top player is different from top athlete.  this topic is best ATHLETE....with the most athletic skill such as jumping and running....not shooting and dribbling.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby mintstateplayer » Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:09 pm

good post baseball

mintstateplayer
NDPreps Rookie

Previous

Return to Boys