top class B athletes

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby dynasty2 » Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:27 am

Mcale Marstuen is not that great. If you play on terrible teams in a bad area you will put up some numbers. kvrnm, I don't think your baseball number are correct. He wasn't 5-0, he didn't hit .500, and he has no guts he quits on his team if anything goes wrong.
dynasty2

Postby kvrnm » Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:20 pm

his stats are correct, and he was also the ace on the williston keybirds legion team to, that took 2nd at state. and he is one heck of a baseball player, but your are free to your own opinion i guess.
kvrnm
NDPreps Starter

Postby player22 » Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:14 am

yo dynasty2 don't start talking about something that you know absolutely nothing about. his baseball numbers are correct. and he was a very good athlete. i'm not sayin he was the best in the state or anything but he was a very good athlete.
player22

Postby OkGo12 » Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:15 pm

The Packineau twins are some good athletes, they use to run cross country before they decided to join football. . .and they were pretty darn good in cross country
"The Desire Accomplished Is Sweet To The Soul"
[Proverbs 13:19]
OkGo12
NDPreps Starter

Postby Mr. Me Too » Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:18 pm

My Boy Mark Bakkum is the best athlete in class b. . .this boy has unbelievable range and you wanna know why, it's cuz he's my boy
-->aMA[z]iNg<--
Mr. Me Too
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cdub1 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:27 pm

Mr. Me Too wrote:My Boy Mark Bakkum is the best athlete in class b. . .this boy has unbelievable range and you wanna know why, it's cuz he's my boy

even though i dont understand what you mean i will say bakkum is the best all around player in class b basketball

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndfootball06 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:29 pm

i'd throw anthony klinske in on the topic.  all-conference in 3 sports as a sophomore not too bad
ndfootball06
NDPreps Starter

Postby cash » Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:31 pm

ndfootball06 wrote:i'd throw anthony klinske in on the topic.  all-conference in 3 sports as a sophomore not too bad
Definatley, how about R.J. Darling from Leeds, great at football and good at basketball.
cash
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby power-aid14 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:36 pm

Jens wrote:
kvrnm wrote:im just gonna put this one out there cus this guy is vastly underrated. mcale marstuen gets no respect and as far as im concerned might just be the best athlete in williston. he put up 18pts 8boards and 7 assists for the crusaders this year, along with being the quarterback for the inaugral football season and did one heck of a job. he also went 5-0 as a pitcher for a weak trinity baseball team with and era under 1, and he hit over .500 with 3 homers. in my opinion he was the best athlete in region 8

and i played on his baseball team.....and we were defenitly weak. He played almost every position throughout the year. He recorded 20 of the 21 outs during one of the games his junior year jus between strikeouts, picks, and one line drive he caught that he doubled a guy up at second. He also through a perfect game to open his senior year against the Williston high JV and not only was it a perfect game, but he struckout all but ONE batter who flew out to the third basemen. The game only went five innings due to ten run rule though.
jens aafedt
flippin idiot
power-aid14
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Mr. Me Too » Sun Oct 15, 2006 5:26 pm

Adam Hunt from Dunseith is a good athlete. . .he'll try to take dunseith to the state class b,  but will run into trouble in Regionals
-->aMA[z]iNg<--
Mr. Me Too
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Sun Oct 15, 2006 5:57 pm

cash wrote:Definatley, how about R.J. Darling from Leeds, great at football and good at basketball.

Definetely a good athlete.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball9 » Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:34 am

Lorenz a stud in fball? Are you kidding me! The kid can't even throw the ball to save his life. Only reason why MPCG wins is because they have a good line.....they create huge holes for flaten...lorenz just hands off the ball and watches him go. Basketball...come on now, he's slow, can't take the physical part of the game.....big time dude....flops like panacake. Track...now who cares about track, honestly. Now another thing, who does Trinity play during the year, Ray? Must be tough to be in Region 8, watch some Region 2 and then you'll know what bball is all about.
baseball9

Postby rep » Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:24 am

baseball9 wrote:Basketball...come on now, he's slow, can't take the physical part of the game.....big time dude....flops like panacake.

arguably the most rediculous thing i've heard in the month of october
rep

Postby baseball » Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:48 am

baseball9 wrote:Lorenz a stud in fball? Are you kidding me! The kid can't even throw the ball to save his life. Only reason why MPCG wins is because they have a good line.....they create huge holes for flaten...lorenz just hands off the ball and watches him go. Basketball...come on now, he's slow, can't take the physical part of the game.....big time dude....flops like panacake. Track...now who cares about track, honestly. Now another thing, who does Trinity play during the year, Ray? Must be tough to be in Region 8, watch some Region 2 and then you'll know what bball is all about.

slow?....best defender in teh state BY FAR!  who does trinity play, Ray?  lets see someone in region 2 try and stop Tivis/Pauley combo, last year trinity had to play ray yes, bowman, killdeer, glen ullin, hettinger all good teams.  what was the score of the region championship game in region 2 last year?
Last edited by baseball on Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby bballer2 » Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:57 am

baseball wrote:
baseball9 wrote:Lorenz a stud in fball? Are you kidding me! The kid can't even throw the ball to save his life. Only reason why MPCG wins is because they have a good line.....they create huge holes for flaten...lorenz just hands off the ball and watches him go. Basketball...come on now, he's slow, can't take the physical part of the game.....big time dude....flops like panacake. Track...now who cares about track, honestly. Now another thing, who does Trinity play during the year, Ray? Must be tough to be in Region 8, watch some Region 2 and then you'll know what bball is all about.

slow?....best defender in teh state BY FAR!  who does trinity play, Ray?  lets see someone in region 2 try and stop Tivis/Pauley combo, last year trinity had to play ray yes, bowman, killdeer, glen ullin, hettinger all good teams.  what was the score of the region championship game in region 2 last year?

maybe isnt the quickest guy ever but uses his body well and definatly KNOWS HOW TO PLAY DEFENSE... dont have to be quick to do things right... knows how to play the game and works his tail off when you do those things you are gonna be a good ball player... about shooting... shooting isnt anything... scoring is a big component but not shootin... i believe he averaged over 18 last year...
bballer2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Claz B Fan » Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:10 pm

Baseball 9 that may have been the dumbest post ever Luke Lorenz is a very good football and basketball player your just mad that you cant beat him at anything
Claz B Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Duce » Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:33 pm

I agree that baseball9 was a lil crazy..but I almost have to stick up for him on the basketball part. Lorenz does flop a TON....but he does get the calls since hes lorenz...so more power to him there...He is slow and a bit uncordinated but his work ethic and drive to succed are great. He is one of those stars in high school but Im not sure if he'll succed in college. He just doesnt have good athletic ability, somthing one needs to do well in college, and everyone who has watched him knows that. But his fundementles and work ethic outshine that right now....But great player in class B....very classy
*Lead not by words, but by example
Duce
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Chewy8 » Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:42 pm

Only two athletes need to be mentioned on this post. Mark Bakkum THe man. And Luke Lorenz who is bad at nothing he does. Im not sure what Luke Lorenz Baseball9 was talking about but it is not the Lorenz I know. And Bakkum everyone wishes we could dominate two sports the way Bakkum does.
Chewy8
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baseball9 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:35 am

Thompson #3 in the state? Come on now, they lost their best player in wurtz and they have a bunch of overrated seniors and no bench....they'll be lucky to get to the region. M-Minto and Grafton are the early favorites in my book for region 2.
baseball9

Postby baseball » Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:42 am

did you see that thompson is 3 in a preseason poll....i havent seen one yet?
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:15 am

Yeah, I thought the hoopster wasnt supposed to be out for a few more weeks. Let us know if anybody gets a hand on one and what the preseason polls is.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby player22 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:53 am

is the hoopster out yet??
player22

Postby Duce » Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:04 pm

No the book isnt out yet but they have the preseason picks for each region online. I did hear that Thompson is number three in state which surprised me also. Im not sure the last time they were a powerhouse. But They are picked to win the region I just checked. I believe its ndhoopster.com
*Lead not by words, but by example
Duce
NDPreps Reserve

Postby player22 » Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:20 pm

thanks Duce. what is the website where you can see the pre-seaon poll?
player22

Postby ndsportsfan98 » Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:01 am

The Hoopster is out! One was mailed to our school library today (10/26)  I'm not sure if they've been sent out to the bookstores yet.  The season is right around the corner!!!
ndsportsfan98
NDPreps All-Conference

PreviousNext

Return to Boys