Private School benefits

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby Wild Wolves » Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:50 am

On the athletic fields and courts I have a difficult time defending private schools, mostly those in class B.

In the real word, they provide a service to the communities that host them.  They provide quality educational experiences and help reduce the large class sizes and over crowding that occurs in some public schools.  Having seen the quality of kids that are competing it becomes even more difficult to argue against them.  They work hard, are respectful, and it shows up on the athletic fields.  I have noticed that many of the key players for DT and Shiloh over the past several years are doing well on the next level.  That is a credit to not only the athlete but the coaches, teachers, and parents of these students.

Maybe I am getting soft in my old age but the benefits of going to private class B schools look very good.

I will probably get kicked out of my HS alumni foundation for these comments.
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby scruffy » Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:58 am

Tiger Pride, good post. It just goes to show that there is good  in both systems, and that there is a place for both.  A little competition goes a long way in making both public and private better because of it.
Last edited by scruffy on Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
No whiners allowed! The journey is the reward!
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Return to Boys