Region 9?

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Region 9?

Postby BB11 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:14 pm

But back to the important issue. I still say Grano wins state by a large margin. They CANNOT be STOPPED!
"As God as my witness, I thought Turkeys could fly."
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:17 pm

I don't even know what to think about this "topic"
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby 9manfootballmom » Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:31 pm

north_border_eagles2106 wrote:I don't even know what to think about this "topic"

Great wit...a little ND history and some creativity is all it is about. I love it! It is a nice change from the real "serious" topics! (ha) The guys have talked about WKRP and Welcome Back Kotter...Now all we need is the White SHadow to show is mug and we've got some coaching greats to bring these games to their highest potential.
9manfootballmom
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndlionsfan » Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:33 pm

My bet is the on this year's version of the Crete Critters. They had a bit of a rough start, losing 15 of their first 16 games, but have really came on of late and just knocked off the perennial powerhouse Hesper Hot Flashes in the Dist 23 championship game. They will be the cindarella of this year's state tourney ball.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Hinsa » Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:42 pm

Come on North Border, jump right on in. This topic is all about Region 9. There's no reason why Region 9 should slide by without all the same bragging, exaggerating, bashing, calling out, and mean-spirited posts that the other regions get.

Shoot, people are so good at making up stuff in the other regions that Point/Center thought he would start a topic where people can tell the real story of Region 9. Truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.

As for Schwab, you gotta get on the Zoar bandwagon before you can even get a sniff of being a moderator. And by the way, Zoar is playing Temple, not Grano. Grano is history - they lost in the first round of the region Monday night. They scored 94 points in the first quarter but couldn't hold the lead. Fouled out 6 guys, had only 2 guys on the court at the end of the game and one of those was the student manager. Zoar came roaring back to win 134-120. Flatt and Scruggs both scored 62 each.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby Wild Wolves » Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:40 pm

How much more relevant can you get than region 9, 10, and 11. Perrenial Powers!
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby letsgosox » Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:36 pm

9manfootballmom wrote:
letsgosox wrote:the grassy butte goats really came on strong this year in region 10. they had not had a winning season in two decades, but through hard work and a few performance enhancing drugs, they were able to finish 15-10 on the year. this is pretty impressive being they only had 3 kids, a sheep named chip, and a scarecrow on the team. look for them to be tough next year.

Rumor has it that The Scarecrow may open enroll to grassy butte! Wouldn't that be a scandal? The parents of the scarecrow have been terribly unhappy with the coaching staff's pressure on their child. THink they will be any happier with the coaches at Grassy? now there is another scandel.

well the parents are looking in the wrong direction as the scarecrow was basically a player/coach. technically the head coach of the goats was a border collie that was a former cattle herding champion. that dog knew nothing about basketball though, so the scarecrow had to take the reins. the grassy butte gazette reported that the scarecrow said he did not have enough talent to work with there, so he may leave. also, there is very few corn fields for him to defend in that part of the state. i think change would be for the best in this case
letsgosox

Postby old lineman » Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:51 pm

HEY HINSA WHATS WRONG WITH BEING HELD BACK. THE SIXTH GRADE WAS THE TOUGHEST EIGHT YEARS OF MY LIFE. BEE GENTLE
old lineman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby old lineman » Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:55 pm

The Portland Jct. Petticoats annexed out of region 2 to get into tougher compitition of region 9 alot more road time but it was worth it to go to the next level. There is no FLOPPING in this region.
old lineman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Hinsa » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:39 pm

old lineman wrote:HEY HINSA WHATS WRONG WITH BEING HELD BACK. THE SIXTH GRADE WAS THE TOUGHEST EIGHT YEARS OF MY LIFE. BEE GENTLE

LOL!!!!!

Actually, it's not called being held back, it's called redshirting. Strategic Redshirting.
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby Lights Out2 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:40 pm

Any updates from Region 9
You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
Lights Out2
NDPreps Starter

Postby old lineman » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:44 pm

Hinsa you are correct it is called strategic redshirting. I can truly see that you are a scholar and a gentleman. I would expect no less from region 9
old lineman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Hinsa » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:14 pm

I am happy to announce that the ZOAR WIDGETS are headed to State!!!!!!!!

Beat Temple 122-119. Scruggs had 60 and Flat 49. Flat hit the game winner at the buzzer - a 3 point heave from the opposite free throw line. I've seen Flat do that many times in practice so it wasn't unexpected. I think they even ran a play to set up that shot.

Go Widgets!!!!!! WooHooo!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby Wild Wolves » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:21 pm

I heard it was an inbounds from under their own basket?
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby Hinsa » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:23 pm

Yup - the inverted picket fence play where you set picks so the shooter can run AWAY from the basket for the shot.
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby Wild Wolves » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:26 pm

That play was perfected in Gascoyne. And used to knock off the Reeder Rockets in the Region 10 final in 47'
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby old lineman » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:08 am

Wild Wolves wrote:That play was perfected in Gascoyne. And used to knock off the Reeder Rockets in the Region 10 final in 47'

Hey Wild Wolves...the game is in the books and I hear that Temple has already called you to replace the current coach? Any truth to that rumor? Fill us in...we can't stand the suspense! :shock:
old lineman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Wild Wolves » Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:00 am

no truth tto the rumor.

I just accepted the GM position for Havilock Hustlers D-CBA team. I am currently looking for a coach of my own.
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby The Schwab » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:45 pm

Who's the Region 9 favorite this season? Haven't heard much out of Region 9 in the past 8 seasons. Any teams to watch for? Any teams from Regions 10 and 11 looking strong??
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby woodchuck10 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:09 pm

Hansboro looks to be the favorite but Sarles should be solid at tourney time. They are always a tough out with Coach Foss
woodchuck10
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby canoworms » Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:26 am

Pickardville Pick Pockets could steal their way to the championship round.
canoworms
NDPreps Reserve

Postby The Schwab » Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:52 am

Big news out of Region 10 today! The Haynes Briefs and the North Lemmon Syobwoc's are caught in a scandal!!! It seems like both teams were using the same player and now the Bucyrus Buzzkills want them both kicked out of the region. The player in question goes by the name of Bagger Sand. It's pretty hush hush around here but I have some insider information that Bagger tried hiding his identity when he suited up for the Briefs. Coach Buddy Bobber saw right through his Kiss mask when Bagger launched up his trademarked "behind the back, lob off the backboard, twisting tomahawk, throwdown from downtown" buzzer-beater to end the half. Coach Bobber has contacted the dictator that runs Region 10, he goes by the name of MC Turtle. He said he has to do some investigation of his own but (pending the expulsion of the "Briefs" and the "Syobwob's") fans out here think the Region 10 title will be played in the Haley event center between the hometown Haley Dammers and the Bucyrus Buzzkills. However, this fan thinks that the Gascoyne Fighting Pheasants will have something to say about the outcome of this region, my oh my!
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby heimer » Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:59 am

ndlionsfan wrote:My bet is the on this year's version of the Crete Critters. They had a bit of a rough start, losing 15 of their first 16 games, but have really came on of late and just knocked off the perennial powerhouse Hesper Hot Flashes in the Dist 23 championship game. They will be the cindarella of this year's state tourney ball.

You must have missed the update.

Stirum and Crete met in the annual "Battle of the Corn Cob" in the Region 12 semifinals. The Critters star PG, Anders Andesen, was pelted with a cob in his left eye that went on to hit a referee. Since the ref only saw the second infraction, he immediately assessed a double technical on Andersen, and he was lost for the game.

Behind Peter Ptacek, the Pirates broke four school records in a 137-68 thrashing, leading some idiot called "Heimer" to question the integrity of the game with such a lop-sided win. Heimer was immediately banned from message boards.

Stirum will meet the Glover Gophers in the Region 12 final Sunday afternoon, 3 p.m. at the Our Lady of Penance Catholic Gymnasium. The NDHSAA has banned pregame prayers for this event.
God is bigger than football.
heimer
NDPreps All-State

Postby T reporter » Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:41 pm

Whats the word on the Amidon Angels and the Golva Golddiggers? Are they in region 9 or 10?
Did the Golddiggers hire Digger Phleps for coach?
T reporter
NDPreps Starter

Postby leroybla » Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:16 pm

I heard that the prosper playboys got $60 million from the city to build a new arena. And unnamed shoe polish company has purchased naming rights.
leroybla
NDPreps All-Conference

PreviousNext

Return to Boys