tivis college

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby #50mandan » Tue Apr 11, 2006 6:20 pm

i heard that tivis is goin to virginia tech is this true?

ill do it
#50mandan
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndsioux » Tue Apr 11, 2006 6:25 pm

ahhh maybe, but i highly doubt it would be to play.
ndsioux

Postby carolina blue » Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:11 am

no offense here, but if virginia tech has to recruit kids from north dakota to play for the hokies and compete in ACC, one of the best conferences in the ncaa, something is not right.

but if it is true, that is amazing and people must believe he is the real deal. but then again maybe it is like the post in the football part where a LINEMAN can throw 65 yard in WARM-UPs and is getting full rides from USC and Miami (Fl) to play quarterback. it's just way too hard to believe.

i just think it is a little far-fetched.
Last edited by carolina blue on Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
What's Walmart, do they sell like wall stuff? - Paris Hilton
carolina blue
NDPreps Starter

Postby Wild Wolves » Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:52 am

Kraft from M-P-C-G went to South Carolina.  Don't count out ND kids just because every other one isn't going DI.  Kid from Valley had a nice career at Kansas. 
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndsioux » Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:56 pm

Yeah Boschee had a good career, but he didn't get to go to Kansas because he was all-state or Mr. Basketball, it was because he performed well at AAU tournaments and camps against people from all over the country
ndsioux

Postby RedWings7 » Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:03 pm

tivis to v-tech...and let me guess eric schmautz to duke, dewey russell to uconn, jon achtenberg to florida and jaden roller to ucla

get real mandan50..that is absolutely ridiculous and everybody knows it

haha, are you kidding me...i heard from a very reliable source that tivis is looking at jamestown and dickey   do not post if you are just making up stupid rumors..please

RedWings7

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:27 pm

He asked if it was true, give the guy a break.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby carolina blue » Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:02 pm

i heard that the jamestown coach told tivis that if he went there, he would start or be the sixth man during his true freshman year.
carolina blue
NDPreps Starter

Postby Wild Wolves » Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:40 am

NO respectable coach promises a kid playing time.

Those of you in HS keep this in mind.  Coaches generally haven't seen players enough to know if they are going to fit into the system and if they are going to be able to handle the transition to the next level. 

Listen carefully to what the coach says.  Words like potential and possibility are not promises or guarantees.
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby carolina blue » Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:34 am

sorry but i didn't hear from the coach. i heard from 5 or 6 people in the southwest corner of the state, where bowman is.
carolina blue
NDPreps Starter

Postby BBall dominator » Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:13 am

Class B town chatter the only reason most ND kids make it out is because of our size.  Kraft was 6'7 and jeff boschee was about 6'3 and tivis a 6'0 shooting guard you have be lightning quick or be a very good PG to play D1 ball at that size
Hate my selfishness, Hate my lies, Hate my infidelity, Hate the fact that my high-powered attorneys got me off and humiliated my accuser when I was charged with rape. And hate that I'm loved, because I can shoot a ball.
BBall dominator
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby carolina blue » Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:20 am

dominationSCS wrote:Class B town chatter the only reason most ND kids make it out is because of our size.  Kraft was 6'7 and jeff boschee was about 6'3 and tivis a 6'0 shooting guard you have be lightning quick or be a very good PG to play D1 ball at that size

that is why it is hard to believe that virginia tech is recruiting him. i'm sure there are quicker guards out there than tivis. not taking anything away from tivis but i believe that he couldn't play at any DI schools due to his size. its different when the tallest man is 6'6" in high school but in college everyone is around 6'6" and the defenders are quite better.
carolina blue
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:22 pm

size should have nothing to do with it.  Boschee was 6'1" (at the most) and he made a great career as a shooting guard.  You dont have to be a certain size to play college ball.  Look at Nate Robinson, the guys 5'8" playin in the NBA.  Don't say anyones to small to play (i remember a 5'2" PG playing for the Hornets a few years back)
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby BBall dominator » Fri Apr 14, 2006 6:09 am

Does Tivis have a 48+ inch vertical nate robinson does and I guarantee he isn't as quick as either of the shorter players you mentioned.  Nothing against Tivis as a player but you can only make yourself so good it also just takes some physical gift to set you a apart being taller and quicker are some of them.
Hate my selfishness, Hate my lies, Hate my infidelity, Hate the fact that my high-powered attorneys got me off and humiliated my accuser when I was charged with rape. And hate that I'm loved, because I can shoot a ball.
BBall dominator
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Batman » Fri Apr 14, 2006 7:13 am

Unless you see a coach sitting in the stands during a game, don't believe he being recruited by a major conference school.  Isaiah Dahlman of Braham in Minnesota was recruited by Michigan State.  The coach from MSU did go to at least one of his games.  There is way to much competition for the few scholarships at these school to recruit North Dakota unless you are 6'11".  Boschee was recruited to Kansas because he played in Howard Pulley's  summer  Pro-Am League, and I believe he was also invited to  the Nike summer camps, unless you are putting up stats against this type of competition, you aren't getting recruited.  If anything players may get a form letter asking them to send the school some tape from some of their games.
Batman
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ming01 » Fri Apr 14, 2006 7:36 am

Batman wrote: Unless you see a coach sitting in the stands during a game, don't believe he being recruited by a major conference school.  Isaiah Dahlman of Braham in Minnesota was recruited by Michigan State.  The coach from MSU did go to at least one of his games.  There is way to much competition for the few scholarships at these school to recruit North Dakota unless you are 6'11".  Boschee was recruited to Kansas because he played in Howard Pulley's  summer  Pro-Am League, and I believe he was also invited to  the Nike summer camps, unless you are putting up stats against this type of competition, you aren't getting recruited.  If anything players may get a form letter asking them to send the school some tape from some of their games.

You are exacly right.  Players from ND are only getting looked at if they are 6'10 or 6'11 or you're playing AAU ball and going to big time camps.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Fri Apr 14, 2006 3:59 pm

I didnt say he was exactly like Nate Robinson.  I was just disagreeing with the guy that said he was too small saying size doesnt matter.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby carolina blue » Sat Apr 15, 2006 3:10 pm

i know for a fact that he could not guard or score on demarcus nelson of duke or sean singletary of virginia or anyone in the ACC.
carolina blue
NDPreps Starter

Postby bballer2 » Sun Apr 16, 2006 5:42 pm

I just talked with Tivis this weekend at Wahp.... and he is still undecided, but he did give me his 2 top schools but I will not say until his final decision is made.
Last edited by bballer2 on Sun Apr 16, 2006 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bballer2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndbb » Sun Apr 16, 2006 8:29 pm

what is so secretive about it?
ndbb
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bballer2 » Mon Apr 17, 2006 6:03 am

that is what he wanted... do you have a problem... he is a very humble guy and doesn't want people to know so if you have a problem i guess... talk to him but that is the reason why he does not like the spotlight to be on him

bballer2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby RedWings7 » Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:18 am

did he tell u when he was gonna decide though? im anxious to hear
RedWings7

Postby UNC1 » Fri May 12, 2006 7:43 pm

I no tivis is 4 sure not going to Va-tech. But i heard he is either go to Montana or Montana state.
UNC1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ranger » Sat Jun 10, 2006 8:45 pm

:shock: Tivis is going to Brookings, SD.  Why?:down:
ranger
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baseball » Sun Jun 11, 2006 2:16 pm

from what it seems like when i have talked to him is that basketball is not the most important thing in his life.  He is probably going there for school, not to win championships.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Next

Return to Boys