March Madness style

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby ibleedcarolinablue » Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:08 pm

how bout this. You take the top 8 teams from each region and seperate them into 4 regions and seed them 1-16. And then we have a NCAA style tournament thing. hold it at Fargo, bismarck, Grand Forks, and Minot or something. IDK i just thought i'd throw that idea out.
ibleedcarolinablue

Postby bballuvr » Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:19 pm

Interesting concept, but I spose not likely. Could make for some interesting BBall. Who seeds it though?

I like the B the way it is. So many great stories and memories. And always some very good teams and players not there.

I could get a little more in line with the top 2 from each region in a Sweet 16 format. A bracket with 1's vs 2's and go from there. It could be fun. Then Bowman is there and they get a shot to prove the toughness of their Region. And as always there will be some unfortunate 1st round matchups due to the luck of the year and the rotation. But the Sweet 16 would spice it up a bit.
bballuvr
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby lambboy » Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:50 pm

that would be a good idea they would just have to pick some one to seed it.
lambboy
NDPreps Starter

Postby ibleedcarolinablue » Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:54 pm

have the NDHSAA do it or whoever does mr basketball or something. How bout the guys who do rankings, or is that the ndhsaa? IDK. does anyone got info on that?
ibleedcarolinablue

Postby ndfan » Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:57 pm

Mr. Basketball and Polls are done by the North Dakota media.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby ibleedcarolinablue » Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:59 pm

aight. thanks for the quick reply. How bout the media seeds it then. They do a good job on polls.
ibleedcarolinablue

Postby ndfan » Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:07 pm

I highly doubt that the NDHSAA would ever let the media seed any tournament. If a tournament is seeded it most likely will be done by the coaches.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby ibleedcarolinablue » Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:33 pm

how bout take the top 2 teams from each region and do a sweet 16 style tournament.
ibleedcarolinablue

Postby ndfan » Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:17 am

[user=511]ibleedcarolinablue[/user] wrote:
how bout take the top 2 teams from each region and do a sweet 16 style tournament.

I think the districts have voted on that before and was defeated by a vote of 2-11. You have to have another day if you have 16 teams.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby ibleedcarolinablue » Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:35 am

wouldn't that bring in more money if the tourney lasts another day?
ibleedcarolinablue

Postby ndfan » Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:59 am

[user=511]ibleedcarolinablue[/user] wrote:
wouldn't that bring in more money if the tourney lasts another day?

I honestly don't think you would bring in that much more money if the tournament last another day. They bring in plenty of money from the region championship games which is the final 16 teams in the state playing for a spot in the Elite 8 which makes the B great in my mind. JMO
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby TNT » Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:05 pm

Class B is close to NCCA, regionals to state you have to win 6 games to win it all.
TNT
NDPreps Starter

Postby twinsfan34 » Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:58 pm

To have a NCAA-type tournament, I think it would boil down to time (there isn't enough of it, it seems). The school year is already packed with the different sports' seasons.  We are only a couple weeks removed from the State B and baseball practice is already in full force and some schools may be playing games soon if not already.

This type of tournament is a very interesting concept, one that is worth considering if the NDHSAA merges the two classes together.  As for who would seed the tournament, I think a committee comprised of the NDHSAA, coaches, athletic directors and possibly the media would work best.  Everybody's opinion would be heard and taken into consideration.
twinsfan34

Postby bballuvr » Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:59 pm

Last edited by bballuvr on Thu Apr 20, 2006 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bballuvr
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby 4sportgenius » Thu Apr 20, 2006 2:07 pm

[font=comic sans ms]We already pretty much have a similar tournament[/font]

[font=comic sans ms]ALIKE[/font]

[font=comic sans ms]1. 64 teams[/font]

[font=comic sans ms]2.think about this...Districts-Conference Tournament, Regions and State- NCAA Tourney[/font]

[font=comic sans ms]Not Alike[/font]

[font=comic sans ms]1.No seeding[/font]

[font=comic sans ms]2. If you had a good season but bombed Districts you dont make it to the "Tournament" [/font]

[font=comic sans ms]and you can still make it in college.[/font]
4sportgenius

Return to Boys