preseason all-staters for next year

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby bball3 » Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:45 pm

Guys why are we talking about what the kid is weak at this is preseason all-state picks.  Is he all state for next year or not?  Thats the question.  I think he can play fine defense but he is not a standout like bballer2 said.
bball3
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bballer2 » Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:48 pm

Last edited by bballer2 on Sat Apr 29, 2006 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bballer2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndbb » Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:50 pm

I agree we should just end the arguement. He very well could be one of the top 15 players in the state next year, I don't think I can name 15 better than him.  I like Lorenz too.  Sizer from BCN averaged about 25 a game, but the team was poor.  I think the Junior from Four Winds will be pretty good.  I am more of a Class A guy with knowledge but.
ndbb
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bballer2 » Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:51 pm

Last edited by bballer2 on Thu May 11, 2006 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bballer2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bball3 » Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:59 pm

So if they were chasing Florhaug, how could Bakkum be guarding Bata ndtaterman.  You said they started off in box and 1 on Florhaug and Bakkum was guarding Bata. Doesn't make any sense.  But we will rest it at that.
bball3
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndbb » Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:07 pm

taterman are you a player on the team?
ndbb
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby exwestcoach » Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:46 pm

I have seen Bakkum on both the baseball field and basketball courts. I personally feel he has a tremendous upside in both sports, I lean toward baseball, his problem is mostly between his ears. He gets caught up in all the "posturing" and looses focus on what he should be doing. When he wants to he can be as good as anyone in either sport. It is a good thing he is young, maybe he will outgrow that stuff and just focus on "his" game and how he can become a better talent.
exwestcoach

Postby bball » Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:55 pm

NDBB being a post dont you have to rely on being athletic do be a great post? Bata was one of the best post in the state, at the state tourney how many times did he get the ball down in the post and three defenders would collapse and he either went right threw them and get an and one or dish it off to an open player for the easy two! At this steele game how many times did Bata get the ball in the post going against Bakkum probably twice. Bata got his points from the mid range jumpers that night because Florhaug over sized the guy playing defense on him by about 5 inches and probably 40 pounds so im not seeing how you can say Bata isnt a good post?! Please tell me im anxious to know!!!
bball
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndbb » Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:58 pm

Being a good post means good moves, I dont see moves coming out of him.  I didn't say he wasnt a good player, I said his posting was in question.  Mid-range game? That makes a good midrange player, and can make a player good, but it doesn't facilitate a good post for the most part.  Good posts have good moves, know what is going on while on the court, and can recognize positioning.  Bata didn't have the moves, and he is the type of player who you could get out of a game so easily with mind games.
ndbb
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bball » Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:00 pm

Mind games? what?! Bata does have moves when he needs them he never played against anyone taller then him the whole season except against Lamoure the four times they played and against Mayport, why use post moves when there is a chance that you could lose the ball or travel when you can just sky over the defender and go up for two?

Lamoure games he had 13,19,15,21

Mayport 19

pretty dang good post if you ask me and i think alot of the other people that know basketball agree!
Last edited by bball on Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bball
NDPreps Reserve

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:55 pm

This topic is pointless. Its a thread about preseason all state and now its about a box and 1 and being a good post player. Give it a rest and get back on topic. Take it to the pm's if you want to get off topic.

Tony Ironheart should be an all stater again next year.

Lorenz definetely.

Sizer, probable if the team gets better and he puts up good numbers again.

RJ Darling from Leeds could be next year with the team they have coming back.

Its all about what the kids do in the offseason to improve. You could have tiny tim go to 4 camps, hit the weights, shoot 10,000 shots a week and go from b squad to all state or you could have mr cool guy do nothing all summer and be the average player he was this past year. Its their choice.
Last edited by NATURAL TALENT on Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby bball1 » Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:13 pm

bball and ndtaterman... seriously are you guys on the P B K team b/c this is just unreal how you know all of the "facts" and 85% of the time you can tell if someone is guarding you...come on guys that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard.  This is a terrible arguement. First of all, the people who are arguing, please argue with some level of inteligence. Second, this is turning into bashing players, how immature is that? It is one thing to simply state one players imperfection, but it's another thing to pick and pick at it to no end.  Obviously all of the players talked about are players that are of higher ability.  If I was one of these young men I would not enjoy reading such negative things about myself.  Please stick to possitive comments these are high school kids, not 40 year old adults.  If you don't have anything nice to say about a player simply keep it to yourself.  I beleive this is a possitive feedback website if I am correct Mr. Moderator?
bball1
NDPreps Rookie

Postby rep » Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:04 pm

pretty much.

it is sports, there will always be debate/argument. but at some point you should just agree to disagree.
rep

Postby OldmanBBall » Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:14 pm

bballer2 wrote:OK, get your facts straight and I have many people to back me up on this one.  Mark Bakkum guarded Bata and he only scored 10.  Anyone can back me up on this one.  Flourhaug did have 38 but it was not on Bakkum.  He played a great game also I may add, but Bakkum did not guard Flourhaug.

yes bakkum was gaurding flourhaug..i specifically remember the game..there was even a time during the game when bakkum pulled up for a 15 footer and ross flourhaug just ran up and stuffed him bad..flourhaug then got the stuff and dribbled it to the other end and cashed a three right in bakkums face...it was pretty sweet.
OldmanBBall

Postby bball3 » Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:46 pm

Haha it looks like we have 3 PBK players on here... this is funny
bball3
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndbb » Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:26 pm

Haha, well, it sure isn't me.  If you haven't caught on I refuse to give Bata any credit for his season.  Their region was weak. 
ndbb
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby BBHoopz » Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:12 pm

I didn't plan on commenting on this topic since it seems to have gone astray, but I must ask why this has turned into a Bata/Bakkum debate? I've watched both players play ball, and they are two talented players. But to knock one or the other is just ridiculous. Also, every game has a story and different situations. What I mean is if Bakkum doesn't play good defense one game or doesn't score 30, doesn't make him a bad defender or scorer. If Bata doesn't score 20 and 10 in a game, doesn't mean he's a bad post player. But to say to any player you don't give them respect is downright dumb, these kids bust butt all year to play ball, give them some credit. And if you haven't noticed, most (not all) Regions for Class B  have declined in teams with talent. But don't take credit away from any player or team, these kids are doing what they love and busting their butts to do it.
BBHoopz
NDPreps Rookie

Postby bball3 » Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:23 pm

Yes, I agree with u bbhoops very well said yes everyone has an off game well put...
bball3
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndbb » Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:24 pm

I agree with that too, you put it into perspective well.
ndbb
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:44 pm

Hint, Refer to my previous post. You guys are making this into something that really has no point, especially toward the topic at hand.....thank you bbhoopz
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby OldmanBBall » Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:59 pm

i just want to say that bata only averaged like 12 or 14 points a game this season..he really didn't score for the team until regional championship and state tournament games..just to throw that out there..he scored only 10 or 12 points a game a lot during the season..
OldmanBBall

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:43 pm

What is wrong with averaging double figures? Yeah, he wasnt the stud of the team but he was a dang good ball player.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby mace58 » Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:53 pm

ndbb wrote:Haha, well, it sure isn't me.  If you haven't caught on I refuse to give Bata any credit for his season.  Their region was weak. 

ndbb stfu i mean honestly u act like u have all this knowledge when u clearly dont. "Their region was weak." did u play in that region how did u know it was weak i mean honestly grow up and for the "i refuse to give bata any credit for his season" ur pretty f'd up if u dont think bata had a good season he did alot for this team becuz u clearly have no idea what ur talking about. U sir struggle at getting ur facts straight end of story.
Last edited by mace58 on Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mace58
NDPreps Rookie

Postby ndbb » Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:59 pm

Oh really? I don't know what I am talking about?  Yeah, you are right, I don't, I only LIVE IN THE REGION AND LOOK AT THE STATS AFTER EVERY DAY, along with GOING TO THE STUTSMAN COUNTY TOURNAMENT, DISTRICTS, and REGION 3.  Most of the region is Co-Ops,  smaller schools, and look at all the P-B-K scores, mhm, i dont know looks like a weak region to me when they beat every team by 20 or more points.  But wait, you must know a lot more than me, so I might as well go "ilove"( whatever that means) myself.  You are obviously a PBK fan anyways if you talk about Whitney Carlson.  So ofcourse you will be biased.
Last edited by ndbb on Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ndbb
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby mace58 » Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:10 pm

ilove"( whatever that means)

muhahahahaha r u serious u dont know what that means wow thats pretty sad i mean whats not to understand? Tell me what bata didn't do for the team honestly. and where r u from anyways. i know u live in the region, ur just jealous cuz P-B-K made it to state and ur team didn't, tear tear for ur team NOT!!!

also whitney carlson is amazing at track so do u talk sweet about her cuz nothing has stopped her.
mace58
NDPreps Rookie

PreviousNext

Return to Boys