preseason all-staters for next year

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby ndbb » Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:57 pm

really? Maybe not LEGION B. They played Legion A, they are called the Eagles, in which Harty Lick Shrenk all played.  Did all of the PBK players get accounts on here?
Last edited by ndbb on Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ndbb
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bball » Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:01 pm

No just one of the pbk kids cousin.
bball
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bball » Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:05 pm

enough of this bickering, theres always gonna be discrepincy comparing apples to oranges....just give some slack to pbk and ill give some slack to jtown....deal, the season is over for both jamestown and pbk so just let it go.
bball
NDPreps Reserve

Postby rep » Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:08 pm

for those concerned, i would just blow it off...i'm tired of reading your bickering and i'm sure just about everyone else is too
rep

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:48 pm

Amen rep, this is ridiculous. Get back on topic, guys. Preseason all-staters for next year, what do you guys think? Tony Ironheart for sure, Luke Lorenz, Beau Sizer. Throw some names out there.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby Class_Bbbballmom » Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:51 am

Sizer should not make the team, he put up some numbers but he was shut down by anyone that played defence on him and the team had no one else that could shoot the ball.  They were a very poor team and it is easier to shine there.  He is over-rated in my opinion.  I agree with most of the other names you have been throwing around. Lorenz, Ironheart are for sures...anyone else?
Class_Bbbballmom

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:20 am

A year can make a lot of difference both individual and team wise, that is why I put Sizers name out there.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby bballuvr » Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:13 pm

Nice to get back to the actual subject.

I had metnioned Sizer a while ago. Mom has a point. I saw him shut down a couple times by a couple decent teams that could defend him pretty well. BCN has some decent talent back and will be better. The question is how much better. I do agree that a year can make a difference. Bo will have to put in a bunch of work to be an all state caliber player. He will be at least decent for sure, but could be a notch or two better if he really wants to be.

Logan Carblom from Lisbon will be a junior. He is a very fine 6'5" post who is very athletic and moves well, shoots decent, and is decent defensively.
bballuvr
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby 4sportgenius » Mon Apr 17, 2006 4:47 pm

Caleb Shockman from LaMoure is a 6'6 post who can hit the 3 or drive to the hoop and get an easy 2.  I think he is an all-state possibility.
Last edited by 4sportgenius on Mon Apr 17, 2006 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
4sportgenius

Postby rep » Mon Apr 17, 2006 4:59 pm

to say shockman can hit the three might be a bit of a stretch...the ndhsaa site doesn't have him even taking one during the season. it may very well be wrong, but in watching him maybe 9 games this season i can't recall him even thinking about a three-pointer.

that said...i think he is easily one of the scariest matchups in region 3. the kid shot 58 percent from the field as a sophomore. all in all...for a kid that shoots jumpers on a fairly regular basis, that is pretty decent. i think that field goal shooting percentage is one of the easiest ways to figure out a player's ability at the high school level.

i'll be curious to see how teams deal with him next season and how he takes drawing the other teams' more physical players (who had to deal with michael arndt this season). personally i think that he will be too quick for them and i see nothing but good things for lamorue next season. and when the other team puts a quicker kid on him, i think he is too tall and should be able to exploit a lot of things throughout the region.
rep

Postby bballuvr » Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:33 am

Rep, good post. Shockman does have pretty impressive shooting range, however. I think the fact that he didn't take a three is a good thing as he didn't wander off the block too far. He did what he was supposed to. He will, as you said, draw more physical defenders next year, and just better defenders overall. It will be interesting to see how he and the team respond.

LaMoure has some holes to fill and wasn't very deep. They will be a decent team, but there are some questions to be answered.
bballuvr
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby 4sportgenius » Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:45 am

At the state tournament a 4-Winds Junior played very well. 
Last edited by 4sportgenius on Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
4sportgenius

Postby ballplayer_05 » Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:32 pm

Last edited by ballplayer_05 on Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ballplayer_05
NDPreps Rookie

Postby cdub1 » Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:06 pm

Ive guarded and played against Bakkum in league and he has a pure stroke and excellent passing skills.  He has pretty good handles too.  I dont know about the rest of his team but he is very good.

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby LiveTheLife... For The Lo » Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:09 am

Caleb Shockman and Mark Bakkum are the best all-state possibilities in Region 3.
LiveTheLife... For The Lo
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndbb » Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:53 am

I agree in Shockman and Bakkum,  Bakkum is probably the best three point shooter in the state, great range reaching out to around 25 feet.  Takes the ball to the hole hard.  Sizer will be a possibility, finishs the ball well.
ndbb
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby johnie_23 » Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:09 am

i forgot what the score was of that regional championship game between trinity and bowman. can u remind me
johnie_23
NDPreps Rookie

Postby scruffy » Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:36 am

I think it was 48 to 40.
No whiners allowed! The journey is the reward!
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball » Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:56 pm

LiveTheLife... For The Lord wrote:Caleb Shockman and Mark Bakkum are the best all-state possibilities in Region 3.

I think Holen would be a better all-state possibility than Shockman.  Not to take anything away from his athletic ability but having the last name Holen after your brother was an absolute stud doesnt hurt.  He is still a great player though dont take that as a knockoff on him.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby bballuvr » Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:49 am

Holen might be, and has 2 years of ball left, as does Shockman. As a region 3 fan, and seeing Shockman from early to late in season, his best ball is ahead of him. He's 6'6", and played AAU ball this summer. He needs to improve defensively for sure, and some AAU ball against studs from all over will be a step in that process.

I speculate that Shockman will be a big time player by his senior year.
bballuvr
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndbb » Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:50 am

He didnt play in that many AAU tournaments

ndbb
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:04 am

That doesnt matter, a lot of guys dont even get the opportunity to play.  At least hes getting a look at other talented players and that can only improve his game.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball » Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:01 pm

I've heard that alot of the players that play AAU shouldnt even play.  Just because these kids play AAU everyone says they are the greatest players in the state when there are other kids who are better that dont play AAU because they dont have time in the summer.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:17 pm

I really dont see why a kid would turn down an offer to play AAU ball. How are you supposed to get better? Beating up on the same JV team doesnt benefit you anywhere near as much as playing AAU.  Take every chance you get, those who have "been there done that," know what I mean.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby rep » Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:30 pm

is there a fee involved with AAU ball? or do you just have to get to pay for however you get there or meals or a hotel or whatever?
rep

PreviousNext

Return to Boys