preseason all-staters for next year

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby bballer2 » Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:34 pm

rep wrote:is there a fee involved with AAU ball? or do you just have to get to pay for however you get there or meals or a hotel or whatever?

Well this summer i played for ECI and Dan Hodgeson and yes there was a total fee for paying coaches, getting into tournaments, hotels, and travel... really the only thing taht was left was food... dont remember the exact fee and but yes there was a fee...  most people got sponsors and it was a nonprofit organization so most people saw it as a tax deductible...
bballer2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:13 pm

NATURAL TALENT wrote:I really dont see why a kid would turn down an offer to play AAU ball. How are you supposed to get better? Beating up on the same JV team doesnt benefit you anywhere near as much as playing AAU.  Take every chance you get, those who have "been there done that," know what I mean.

Players have to go and tryout.  ECI then selects the best players in their minds from the tryouts.  Everyone has the oppurtunity, i believe, but only so many get chosen.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndbb » Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:12 pm

I didn't try out, I got invited.
ndbb
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:14 pm

That is just what ive heard, and i know people that have "tried out"
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend