Best teams for the upcoming year

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby classb_fan00 » Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:59 am

A couple guys on Lakota have some talent.
I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me.
Larry Bird
classb_fan00
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby hunter48 » Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:21 am

I would say Parshall has to be the favorite to win Region 8.  Everyteam lost alot of players from last year.  Watford City has the Shipman kid and he is good but he will be coming off another knee injury on his other leg so it will depend on how healthy he is.
hunter48

Postby player22 » Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:42 pm

you can't just say parshal is going to win region 8 though. Williston trinity has Jarek Hansen back and they have a couple of young ball players coming up that are expected to stup up and do somin this year and i think they will. i think Williston will give parshal more trouble than watford will.
player22

Postby hunter48 » Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:08 pm

Who does Trinity Chirthian have that is coming up.  There team was entirelly revolved around Marsteun last year and he graduated.  I dont see there team being very good.
hunter48

Postby player22 » Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:20 pm

They had Jarek Hansen last year and he should come back very good cause he had a good off season. and players coming up are matt kvernum and josh vedaa that also worked in the off season and they are ready to contribute right away. and they should have 3 or 4 other strong ball players. so they have a good 6 maybe 7 guys that can all play really well.
player22

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:23 pm

Parshall and Leeds-Minnewaukan meet in Bismarck the 8th of December. That should be a good one to kick off the season!
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby magic715 » Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:31 pm

NATURAL TALENT wrote:Parshall and Leeds-Minnewaukan meet in Bismarck the 8th of December. That should be a good one to kick off the season!

I know very little about Leeds-Minnewauken, but only because it will be early do i think minn-leeds, will have a chance to keep it close, i will predict Parshall by at least 15. Only way to beat them is double team both Packineau's and man up with Youngbird, and let the other 2 players whoever they may be beat you. When i say double the packineau's i mean the one who has the ball. that way u are still guarding 4 of there 5 players , i would rather have one of there poorer players shoot a wide open 5 footer than let the packineau beat me one on one with help side defense, they will beat you if u start with just one guy guarding the ball when the packineau boys have the ball.
magic715

Postby baseball » Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:07 pm

magic715 wrote:
NATURAL TALENT wrote:Parshall and Leeds-Minnewaukan meet in Bismarck the 8th of December. That should be a good one to kick off the season!

I know very little about Leeds-Minnewauken, but only because it will be early do i think minn-leeds, will have a chance to keep it close, i will predict Parshall by at least 15. Only way to beat them is double team both Packineau's and man up with Youngbird, and let the other 2 players whoever they may be beat you. When i say double the packineau's i mean the one who has the ball. that way u are still guarding 4 of there 5 players , i would rather have one of there poorer players shoot a wide open 5 footer than let the packineau beat me one on one with help side defense, they will beat you if u start with just one guy guarding the ball when the packineau boys have the ball.

Will Neil? even be back for this game from his broken leg?
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby player22 » Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:22 pm

I have a friend that is pretty good friends with neil and i guess neil will be lucky if he gets back into action befor tournaments. i could be wrong but that was pretty realiable information that i got. so i'm pretty sure neil won't be back for that game. 
player22

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:26 pm

I think it is courageous you are guessing against one of the best coaches in the state. You talk like Parshall is unbeatable. Trust me, when Ron Carlson is coaching nobody is unbeatable. This years team will be one of the best he has coached. Look forward to a good game instead of thinking it is already over 2 months before season.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball » Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:52 pm

even if he is back for tournaments his condition with be terrible compared to the other 9 players on the floor.

what does this do for the region, if he cant go who is the favorite?
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby mintstateplayer » Fri Oct 20, 2006 4:31 pm

i don't know if there is a clear favorite. but Williston Trinity would be one of the teams that would have a very good chance to go to state if neil isn't playing well at tournament time. watford city might be another possibility but i would choose Williston trinity over watford anyday.  who do people think could win that region with parshal having a tough time this year? i believe its region 8. or does anybody know anything about teams in that region?
mintstateplayer
NDPreps Rookie

Postby sportsperson » Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:17 pm

[font=Times New Roman]Why does everyone think Trinity Christian is going to do so well?  Sure they have some athletes, but how good a team are they?  I'm foreseeing a little bit of trouble with everyone getting their shots as they have 3 or 4 kids with me-first games. Also,  even if Trinity's defense is twice as good as it was last year they're still in trouble.  You don't get to the state tourney when you play defense like Trinity.  Furthermore, I think some of their athletes are overrated.  When Trinity's two best returning players are part of a team that can't beat three sophomores from Divide County with absolutely no varsity experience in a 3 on 3 tournament they're probably in trouble. We'll have to see come basketball season.[/font]
sportsperson
NDPreps Starter

Postby gamechanger » Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:27 am

I agree, trinity christian is going to have some problems definently.
gamechanger
NDPreps Reserve

Postby kvrnm » Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:19 pm

sportsperson wrote:[font=Times New Roman]Why does everyone think Trinity Christian is going to do so well?  Sure they have some athletes, but how good a team are they?  I'm foreseeing a little bit of trouble with everyone getting their shots as they have 3 or 4 kids with me-first games. Also,  even if Trinity's defense is twice as good as it was last year they're still in trouble.  You don't get to the state tourney when you play defense like Trinity.  Furthermore, I think some of their athletes are overrated.  When Trinity's two best returning players are part of a team that can't beat three sophomores from Divide County with absolutely no varsity experience in a 3 on 3 tournament they're probably in trouble. We'll have to see come basketball season.[/font]

its a 3on3 tourney i dont no if that much credibility since anything can happen in thos things, but ya i guess i can see where your coming from, but i sure hope it doesent turn out like that.
Last edited by kvrnm on Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kvrnm
NDPreps Starter

Postby Mr. Me Too » Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:43 pm

rezball34 wrote:Parshall has transfered in a freshman outta four winds high school. very good potential 6'2......... Jalen Finley aka "J-Bird" :D

aka J-Nub this kid isn't afraid to shoot so he'll help out Parshall this year. . .
-->aMA[z]iNg<--
Mr. Me Too
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Mr. Me Too » Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:46 pm

player22 wrote:I have a friend that is pretty good friends with neil and i guess neil will be lucky if he gets back into action befor tournaments. i could be wrong but that was pretty realiable information that i got. so i'm pretty sure neil won't be back for that game. 

He is only out 'til January from a source on the Parshall team. . .He'll be ready by Tourney time, Their "Big Three" will take them to the State B
-->aMA[z]iNg<--
Mr. Me Too
NDPreps All-Conference

Previous

Return to Boys