Best teams for the upcoming year

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby lambboy » Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:28 am

Now that this year is over we should start thinking about next years basketball season. Killdeer, Hazen, Beulah, and trinity will all be good next year but i would like to know what everyone else thinks about other teams from the state. Parshall should be good next year along with steele-dawson led by mark bakkum.

what are everyone elses thoughts?
lambboy
NDPreps Starter

Postby ibleedcarolinablue » Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:39 am

team voth...i mean glen ulin, i dont think they will be all that good next year. compared to this year. Does anybody know who they have leaving, besides voth.
ibleedcarolinablue

Postby Ming01 » Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:43 pm

from the west: Trinity, Hazen, Watford City, Parshall, Minot Ryan, Steele-Dawson, Linton.
east: Mayport, I think Minto might have a good team not sure though and probably Four Winds.  That's all I know from the east.
Last edited by Ming01 on Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby carolina blue » Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:49 pm

glen ullin is losing voth and matt schaff. those two were basically the whole team except for junior jacob schantz. schantz may surprise some people next year because he was the team's third option behind voth and schaff.
What's Walmart, do they sell like wall stuff? - Paris Hilton
carolina blue
NDPreps Starter

Postby bball3 » Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:02 pm

Yes, I agree on all of your picks there is just one I'm not too sure about.  Steele-Dawson had a great year this year and finished 3rd in the region which we're picked to finish much lower than that, but they lost 4 senior starters is what the guy said on the radio.  Yes, Bakkum can play ball but does he have enough to control all of his time i guess time will tell but you guys are probably right Steele-Dawson is a top team and hope they finish top in the state.
bball3
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bballuvr » Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:11 pm

Steele Dawson will be a factor. Linton as always will be a sure contender in Region 3. Look for Linton in the semis for sure. LaMoure returns 3 sophomores. Good nucleus with 6'5" Shockman and Holen. BCN has Sizer back and some good young talent coming. That's a thought in Region 3.
bballuvr
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:13 pm

Ming01 wrote:east: Mayport, I think Minto might have a good team not sure though and probably Four Winds.  That's all I know from the east.

Region 4 will have a good senior class, Four Winds, Leeds-Minnewaukan(District 8 next year) and Wells County. L-M and WC both had junior dominated lineups this year. L-M finished 3rd in the region with a 14-8, or something like that, record. Should be some good basketball in Region 4 next year.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby UNC1 » Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:13 pm

Ming01 wrote:from the west: Trinity, Hazen, Watford City, Parshall, Minot Ryan, Steele-Dawson, Linton.

From Region 7 there will be Beulah last year class A. I think they will be very tough and might win it all.
UNC1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Ming01 » Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:17 pm

Beulah will have a good team because they will be in Class B again.  But I don't see them making state, they're upcoming senior class is a little iffy, they dont have anyone after Becker or Zacher and they're upcoming junior class is terrible.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby J-Rod34 » Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:11 am

The Parshall Braves will be very good next year, they could be a potentialy top 3 team. They lost 2 starters and 1 player who came off the bench and did an amazing job. They return Neil Packineau, potentialy an All-State player, Nathaneal Packineau, also has the potential to be All-State, and a solid player in Rudy Youngbird. Parshall finished 7 in the state tourney this year losing two games that could have went either way. The team has a potential to score a lot of points and is a quick team that is starting to show a lot of maturity. I look fr them to be picked very high in the Hoopster next season.
J-Rod34

Postby Honus355 » Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:59 am

I agree with Parshall. I watched all three of their games at the state tournament and they impressed me a ton. The first day, after they got over their nerves, they were outanding. Neil Packineau, if they would have won that close game the first day, could have won Tournament MVP. Had 75 or 76 points in 3 games. He shot the lights out. And Nathanial and Rudy both showed that they complete a very strong trio of players for the Braves. Look for them to make a run back to Bismarck for the B.
Honus355
NDPreps Starter

Postby West Dakota » Sat Apr 01, 2006 3:41 pm

Glen Ullin losses 4 starters this year Voth, Schaff, Schantz and Miller.
Last edited by West Dakota on Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
West Dakota
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Sat Apr 01, 2006 5:17 pm

I'm going to have to say it will be a rematch in the district championship with Linton and Steele-Dawson.  But as for the region it will be between the winner of that district against LaMoure (PBK losses all 5 starters) for the trip to state.  I also would expect to see Trinity and Mayport (Lorenz can shut down any player in the state) back, they are both very well coached.  Beulah is another possiblilty after coming down from Class A.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby nativegolfer » Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:05 am

4 Winds transferred in a 6'3" kid who can shoot the lights out and a 6'6" kid from SD who is only a soph.  I guess the kid can really get up!  JL
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby BBall dominator » Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:57 am

Recruiting??
Hate my selfishness, Hate my lies, Hate my infidelity, Hate the fact that my high-powered attorneys got me off and humiliated my accuser when I was charged with rape. And hate that I'm loved, because I can shoot a ball.
BBall dominator
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby carolina blue » Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:09 am

don't you remember that only private schools recruit;)
What's Walmart, do they sell like wall stuff? - Paris Hilton
carolina blue
NDPreps Starter

Postby nativegolfer » Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:11 am

A couple days late but:  April Fools!!  I knew that would get some people going on this board.    Peace.
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:17 am

nice 1 NG
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby loboebasketball » Wed May 03, 2006 6:00 pm

[font=times new roman]I think Lamoure will have a really good team this upcoming year.  They are returning three of their main players, Ben Holen, Caleb Shockman, and Ben Watkins.  In addition to that, Kyle Brandenburg and Donny Schrader just recently transferred to Lamoure.  With 5 big scorers that can push the ball and see the court well, they are going to be very hard to stop.  They will be a big factor next season.[/font]
loboebasketball

Postby rep » Wed May 03, 2006 6:21 pm

brandenburg transfered?

oh man...lamoure has the potential to have the best-shooting backcourt in the state.

him leaving also means that dark times are ahead for edgeley...they lost the playin-game for the district 5 tournament with him...
rep

Postby Y-not Daily » Sat May 06, 2006 8:25 am

Parshall will need to find some role players if it is going back to contend for a state title. The Braves have the best offensive trio in the state returning with the Packineau boys and Rudy Young Bird, but they only played six guys this season and lost the other three to graduation.
Jake Myrick was a good point guard and Tyler Kellar was their only legit banger. If they find some depth and a few role players, they will be the top contender for the Class B title IMO.
Y-not Daily

Postby rezball34 » Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:56 am

Parshall has transfered in a freshman outta four winds high school. very good potential 6'2......... Jalen Finley aka "J-Bird" :D
rezball34
NDPreps Rookie

Postby tanner lorenz » Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:30 pm

i think wells county will be one of the top teams in the state, they have some players that have played together for a long time, they should make a run for state
tanner lorenz

Postby power-aid14 » Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:08 pm

Ming01 wrote:from the west: Trinity, Hazen, Watford City, Parshall, Minot Ryan, Steele-Dawson, Linton.
east: Mayport, I think Minto might have a good team not sure though and probably Four Winds.  That's all I know from the east.

Minot Ryan graduated something like 8 seniors, what is keeping them at the top for this year?
flippin idiot
power-aid14
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby kvrnm » Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:55 am

ryan, probably shouldnt be at the top. at a team camp in minot this year they went somthing like 1and5. the team i play for williston trinity beat them, and were not really considered a top team. vetter is a really good player tho for them.
kvrnm
NDPreps Starter

Next

Return to Boys