Upcoming Talent II

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby ibleedcarolinablue » Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:52 am

I say we just make a topic about this without any talk about 8th graders or bashing them. But, if really want to set this straight and see if they're any good. Someone on this site PMed me and said that they were playing in the optimist tourney this coming weekend in dickinson. They are the Irish. But, thats enough about that. Let's talk about some of the upcoming freshman and sophmores that will have to make an impact next season. My sources tell me that that brock boos kid everyone is talking about will actually see some varsity minutes next year. IDK if its true so i dont want to see a bunch of bowman kids come on and start yelling at me.

Who are some good freshman and sophmores across the state?
ibleedcarolinablue

Postby PBKfan » Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:26 am

You guys must all be 8th graders and friends with this Boos kid. Nobody even believes anything you say because your all in your little group together. So stop talking about each other.
PBKfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:20 am

I already tried to tell them that....
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby West Dakota » Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:10 am

Default and Wheeling from Killdeer are both outstanding players. Default is only a soph. but he's a 6'8" guard that had several 20+ point games for the cowboys. "one heck of a three point shooter"!

I would bet he will be an all stater as a junior next season.

West Dakota
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Indians Alumni » Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:10 am

Eight Grade kids!!!  Comeon now!  Let the kids be kids and not get into all this political BS or people talking about them.  Don't set hem up to fail by putting all this expectations on them. 
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby West Dakota » Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:14 am

Wheeling on the drive over Jeff Smith, he uses the backboard very well. Both he and Default are coaches kids and play the game very well.
West Dakota
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby carolina blue » Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:37 am

Wheeling has a far better chance to be all-state before Dufault.  Having guarded both of them for a few years, Wheeling is the better all-around player without a doubt. Wheeling does everything for the team. IMO Dufault is a little overrated. He tends to sit on the 3-point line and wait for someone to pass him the ball. I don't know about anyone else but when I see a 6'6" sophmore sitting on the 3 point line with a 6'0" guarding him, I get a little mad upset. He is taller than most kids in the state and I just don't understand why he doesn't post up more.

Remember, it's an opinion.
What's Walmart, do they sell like wall stuff? - Paris Hilton
carolina blue
NDPreps Starter

Postby rep » Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:32 am

i haven't seen him play, but i have heard good things about a lisbon kid, logan carlblom...i think he is about a 6-5 sophomore. averaged 16.2 points and 8.7 boards and shot about 60 percent from the field this season.

[font=Nimrod MT][/font] 
rep

Postby NDSportsFan » Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:26 pm

***Administrators Edit****

Enough of the jokes about the young kids.  Anybody who is not taking this board seriously will not be able to use it anymore, and I will look into any complaints that are issued to me.

Have a nice day!
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby ibleedcarolinablue » Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:52 am

Has anyone seen alex wolf from bowman play? he was 2[sup]nd [/sup]or 3[sup]rd [/sup]off the bench this season for the bulldogs. In B squad this year he just dominated, i think he averaged about a double double in points and boards. Your right about that beach booster tournament UNC1. That was simply outstanding. He acts like Dennis Rodman on the court. Without the hair.:dude: I guarantee he will start next season as a sophmore next season after the loss of Derek Pauley. Him and Jordan "Big Baby" Maher are gonna control the inside. Just think about, you got Al with his height, and Jordo with his HUMONGOUS size:muscle:. They will be a dymanic duo next season and really be the back rest for young stud, thomas burke, next season. SURRENDER TO THE POWER OF JORDO AND AL:surrender:
ibleedcarolinablue

Postby BBall dominator » Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:21 pm

Man you bowman kids love this....Anyways watch out for the 5th guy off the bench at scranton him and the top scorer of the B squad are going to be awesome next year.......:blahblah:
Hate my selfishness, Hate my lies, Hate my infidelity, Hate the fact that my high-powered attorneys got me off and humiliated my accuser when I was charged with rape. And hate that I'm loved, because I can shoot a ball.
BBall dominator
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Ming01 » Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:34 pm

Watch out for that third grader from Hankinson.  He is going to be amazing.
Last edited by Ming01 on Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndfan » Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:37 pm

Watch out for the Cookie monster, he might eat you :shock:
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby heagan » Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:31 am

ibleedcarolinablue wrote:Has anyone seen alex wolf from bowman play? he was 2[suP]nd [/suP]or 3[suP]rd [/suP]off the bench this season for the bulldogs. In B squad this year he just dominated, i think he averaged about a double double in points and boards. Your right about that beach booster tournament UNC1. That was simply outstanding. He acts like Dennis Rodman on the court. Without the hair.:dude: I guarantee he will start next season as a sophmore next season after the loss of Derek Pauley. Him and Jordan "Big Baby" Maher are gonna control the inside. Just think about, you got Al with his height, and Jordo with his HUMONGOUS size:muscle:. They will be a dymanic duo next season and really be the back rest for young stud, thomas burke, next season. SURRENDER TO THE POWER OF JORDO AND AL:surrender:

well they wont be bad but i think someone from bowman has to step up in a leadership role...with the loss of tivis and breen the team might not be the same
heagan

Postby Class_Bbbballmom » Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:27 am

I just wanted to bring to your attention an 8th grader for Hope-Page that started every Varsity game this year.  He is a 6'3"- 6'4'. I am new to the postings so not sure what all the discussions are about yet but he is definitly and up and coming player to keep an eye on.  He was second in rebounds and third in scoring, plays inside or out but prefers outside, handles the ball and has a beautiful shot.  Keep him in mind. Name is Nicholas Nelson
Class_Bbbballmom

Postby bballuvr » Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:54 am

Hello Mom,

I heard some good things about Nicholas. I didn't see him play, but definitely sounded good in the descriptions to me. Is he a 14 year old, or did he start school late? He sounds like he is pretty developed.

Good Luck to Hope-Page next year.

Thanks
bballuvr
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Class_Bbbballmom » Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:36 am

As far as I know he is a 14yr old, not really sure that is matters when he is in the 8th grade, he will be fun to watch the next 4 years.  I know that there was no talk about him being older and I also read his name on the Honor roll so he is a smart kid as well. I understand that Finley Sharon and Hope-Page are going together for sports next year and that will help the team out for numbers I am sure.  I am not Nicholas' mother just have an older son that plays in District 2 like he does and thought he was a stand out that no one here had said anything about.  We played the wolverines two times this season and I also attended a few of their home games.
Class_Bbbballmom

Postby digger » Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:08 am

Class_Bbbballmom wrote:As far as I know he is a 14yr old, not really sure that is matters when he is in the 8th grade, he will be fun to watch the next 4 years.  I know that there was no talk about him being older and I also read his name on the Honor roll so he is a smart kid as well. I understand that Finley Sharon and Hope-Page are going together for sports next year and that will help the team out for numbers I am sure.  I am not Nicholas' mother just have an older son that plays in District 2 like he does and thought he was a stand out that no one here had said anything about.  We played the wolverines two times this season and I also attended a few of their home games.

Nick is a very good player and will be in upcoming years.  There are a number of good players who will be freshmen next year from the eastern part of the state, I've seen them play in a few  tournaments over the past three years or so.  I think age does have to be taken into account when looking at the stages of development for kids at this grade level.  I have an 8th grade son who is 13, and many of his teammates/classmates are either 15 already or soon to be 15.   1 1/2 to 2 years is a big difference physically at this age in terms of strength, speed and weight.  It usually equals out to a large degree by the time the kids hit 16-17.  I admire the youth and middle school coaches who concentrate on skill development and competing hard not necessarily on wins/losses at this age. 
digger
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby crazy » Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:55 pm

ibleedcarolinablue wrote:Has anyone seen alex wolf from bowman play? he was 2[suP]nd [/suP]or 3[suP]rd [/suP]off the bench this season for the bulldogs. In B squad this year he just dominated, i think he averaged about a double double in points and boards. Your right about that beach booster tournament UNC1. That was simply outstanding. He acts like Dennis Rodman on the court. Without the hair.:dude: I guarantee he will start next season as a sophmore next season after the loss of Derek Pauley. Him and Jordan "Big Baby" Maher are gonna control the inside. Just think about, you got Al with his height, and Jordo with his HUMONGOUS size:muscle:. They will be a dymanic duo next season and really be the back rest for young stud, thomas burke, next season. SURRENDER TO THE POWER OF JORDO AND AL:surrender:

yes i will agree that the wolf kid is decent. but you most not have seen his B squad game against trinity. he played most of the B squad game and didnt do much because we wasnt strong enough, he was getting pushed around. but i will agree that maher is a good player.
crazy
NDPreps Starter

Postby Class_Bbbballmom » Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:09 am

One more kid that I was looking for some input on is Dillian Ostrom from Finley-Sharon?  Any thoughts on him?  I know his brother Tanner graduates this year but they say that Dillian is going to be the better of the two. I have only seen them play once and wasn't his best game so looking for more informed opinions.
Class_Bbbballmom

Postby Class_Bbbballmom » Sat Apr 08, 2006 5:54 am

Ok thanks for the info, it should be a fun year next year with all the young talent around.  He will be on an opposing team and didn't know much about him.
Class_Bbbballmom

Postby Claz B Fan » Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:48 am

Nick Nelson is 16 or 17 years old
Claz B Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Class_Bbbballmom » Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:23 pm

Claz B fan, you might want to get your facts correct before you make anymore posts.  Nick Nelson is a 2007 Freshman at Hope Page High School and he is 15 years old right now.  This information is correct and can be verified. I do have my facts straight, maybe you should try and do the same next time.
Class_Bbbballmom

Postby boysbballfan » Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:15 pm

I seen wolf play in two JV games against Trininty and Mott. Mott which he dominated and Trinity which he struggled in is that just because of the competition he was up against or did he just have a bad game against a good team? 
"If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?"
--Vince Lombardi
boysbballfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndbb » Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:46 am

rep wrote:i haven't seen him play, but i have heard good things about a lisbon kid, logan carlblom...i think he is about a 6-5 sophomore. averaged 16.2 points and 8.7 boards and shot about 60 percent from the field this season.

[font=Nimrod MT][/font] 

Saw him play, he isnt bad, fairly good post, despite only having one move to the baseline.
ndbb
NDPreps All-Conference

Next

Return to Boys