Dickinson Trinity Should be moved to Class A

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby sportlvr » Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:56 pm

[font=georgia]I have been reading and posting on "Private Schools should be class A" when i finally realized that everyone really wasn't talking about Private schools they were talking about TRINITY. IMO i believe after going to state for EIGHT years in a row in class B that they should get bumped up to class A for like three years or something like that. I also think that if another school goes to state for five years in a row that they also should get bumped up to class A for three years. I would like to see other peoples oppinions on this topic.[/font]
sportlvr
NDPreps Rookie

Postby BBall dominator » Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:58 pm

Might be the worst idea I've ever heard
Hate my selfishness, Hate my lies, Hate my infidelity, Hate the fact that my high-powered attorneys got me off and humiliated my accuser when I was charged with rape. And hate that I'm loved, because I can shoot a ball.
BBall dominator
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby under armour » Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:05 pm

I agree, very bad idea, maybe you should work a little harder and earn your way to a state tournement. Yeah it is to bad if other teams can't make it, it is a great experience for anyone but you expect these teams to be great forever. Plus I see you are from Bowman and I think you are still mad about region 7 championships. Yes that was a crap situation because I believe Bowman was top 3 in the state but thats the luck of the draw.
Last edited by under armour on Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
under armour
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ming01 » Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:10 pm

sportlvr wrote:[font=georgia]I have been reading and posting on "Private Schools should be class A" when i finally realized that everyone really wasn't talking about Private schools they were talking about TRINITY. IMO i believe after going to state for EIGHT years in a row in class B that they should get bumped up to class A for like three years or something like that. I also think that if another school goes to state for five years in a row that they also should get bumped up to class A for three years. I would like to see other peoples oppinions on this topic.[/font]

Yeah right your just jealous.  Hmm that interesting your from Bowman...
it isn't Trinity's fault that Bowman doesn't spend as much time as them getting better and stronger.
Last edited by Ming01 on Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby B-ball1 » Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:13 pm

Why do you have a problem with bowman. I think bowman had a very good team this year probably the second best to trinity but they beat them once and them two teams should of been in the championship :D
B-ball1

Postby Ming01 » Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:14 pm

I don't have a problem with Bowman, I was just stating that he was complaining mainly because he was from Bowman.  If Trinity has to go Class A then Bowman should go with also.
Last edited by Ming01 on Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby Ming01 » Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:18 pm

Then why are you saying that they shouldn't be class b?
Last edited by Ming01 on Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby under armour » Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:22 pm

B-ball1 wrote:O but he does have a point not about winning five years in a row getting bumped up to A but it just seams like Trinity always had the advantages like probably the most important one HOME COURT every year

Every year they hear that, and get alot of complaining, then why do the coaches vote to have it held at Trinity every year. It is a great enviroment for everyone and it's compacity is the greatest in Dickinson. It is either Dickinson or Bismarck and their will be no attendence at Bismarck. Bowman played probably what 7 or 8 games at Trinity this year, almost as many as Trinity.
under armour
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ming01 » Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:23 pm

Then I guess you cant play the postseason games anywhere, because some team will have an advantage. 

No matter where they play theres always going to be a team that has an advantage.
Last edited by Ming01 on Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby sportlvr » Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:06 pm

regional championship is to see who gets to state their should not be a home court advantage.
sportlvr
NDPreps Rookie

Postby under armour » Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:07 pm

Well every coach in the region doesn't believe in that because they keep voting on having it at Dickinson
under armour
NDPreps Starter

Postby Double Bonus » Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:14 pm

First of all, you can't say Trinity should be Class A because it keeps going to state in boys basketball. That's the stupidest idea I've ever heard.  It has to be based on enrollment and not just the success in one sport. You're centering the whole decision on boys basketball. I know Class B boys basketball is huge in North Dakota, but don't forget there's other sports like football, track, etc. Plus, it's not fair to the girls to be bumped up to Class A because nobody in Region 7 doesn't have the pure skill and talent to beat Trinity in boys basketball.
Double Bonus

Postby bill » Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:36 pm

That is the most ridiculous thing i have ever heard. You should want to play the best competition. Why don't you just stop whining about moving successful teams up to class A and start whining about making a class C system for teams who like to underachieve and win by playing against weaker competition. I'm not talking about Bowman either, they were a great team this year, I'm talking about the people who want to move successful programs up a division so they can win by playing weak teams. Stop whining, I am getting sick of this.
bill

Postby timmyg » Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:52 pm

Trinity should stay in class b.  Why should teams be punished for their success?
timmyg
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndfan » Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:55 pm

I totally agree with Bill on this one you need competition at the B level and Trinity gives that. If they were beating every team in class B by 30 points and winning the state championship game by 20 points then you might have a case. But they had to beat MPCG on the final shot of the game.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby bballuvr » Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:05 pm

I hear the debate and have heard some points from both sides including DT folks. Many of you have also I'm sure.

Trinity is a great state championship team. They have a good amount of talent and their coaching staff is very good. I understand that they generally put a lot of off-season time in. The results seem to indicate that. Enrollment works just fine to determine class. There were 3 or 4 schools at state this year with higher enrollments.

It is an obvious fact that the population center that they and other privates draw from is much larger that most any class B town. That is undebateable. The population center issue does need to be considered, but I don't know what would be the best way to handle it.

It is true that open enrollment does make it possible for any school to "gain" a player here and there. But there is much more talk of players switching schools than actually ever happens. It does happen, but rather rarely.

The fact that many very good players and teams don't make it to state because of being in a loaded region is just reality. That is a tough part of the tourney, but part of what makes it so special I think.

Thanks
bballuvr
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Indians Alumni » Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:05 am

ndfan wrote:I totally agree with Bill on this one you need competition at the B level and Trinity gives that. If they were beating every team in class B by 30 points and winning the state championship game by 20 points then you might have a case. But they had to beat MPCG on the final shot of the game.

I agree, why punish teams for success!!!  It is like saying ok you worked hard, so I am going to give you more work!!!  Doesn't make sense to me.  If you are going to move them up, it should be based on enrollment.  If you want to beat teams like Trinity, hit the weightroom, hit the gym, go to camps, get your hindend in gear and make yourself better! 

There is always going to be a dominating program, it maybe due to coaching or type of athletes, or a combination of both. 
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby nativegolfer » Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:13 am

I'll say it again and I'll keep saying it:  School in a class A town should be class A.  There are just to many advantages for those schools than smaller rural schools.
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby Indians Alumni » Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:53 am

nativegolfer wrote:I'll say it again and I'll keep saying it:  School in a class A town should be class A.  There are just to many advantages for those schools than smaller rural schools.

Four Winds is 13 miles away from a Class A town!  The cities of Fargo/Dickenson/Minot are bigger than 13 miles wide, should Four Winds be Class A?  I think you need to take a look at enrollment. 
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Indians Alumni » Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:27 am

lefty wrote:this topic is soooooooooooo stupid

I agree!  Let the Association do there job!
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby nativegolfer » Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:38 am

IA that makes absolutely no sense at all.  And as long as you leave it to NDHSAA nothing will be done.  I beleive it needs to be a grass roots effort.   
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby Batman » Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:41 am

I think most people will agree on the subject.  Of the ones who don't, most are probably the underclassman from Bowman that are on the board, that will have to compete against  Trinity in the next few years. 

If people want to still talk about it, that's their choice however.
Batman
NDPreps Starter

Postby Indians Alumni » Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:07 am

nativegolfer wrote:IA that makes absolutely no sense at all.  And as long as you leave it to NDHSAA nothing will be done.  I beleive it needs to be a grass roots effort.   

Golfer, What doesn't make sense?  Having a school that resides in a class a community, doesn't mean they have the enrollment that exist in the public schools.  Infact, I would think they have the opposite for the most part, keeping the doors open.  Private schools cost money and well most people in ND are not farming Money Trees and it is alot cheaper to send your kid to Public school.  Ok, so these schools can higher quality teachers or coaches, does nothing for enrollment.  I think the enrollment should determine the Class.  How about the "bad" Class A teams, they do not make bids to move down to Class B just cause they cannot pick up a "w" on their record.  If you send these teams up to Class A and they fail, what then?  Reclass them cause they are successful makes no sense.  Like I said, it is like getting rewarded for working hard with more work!  I don't know anyone that would agree with that!
Last edited by Indians Alumni on Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby nativegolfer » Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:51 am

What makes no sense is your assertion that Minot, Bismarck, etc are more that 13 miles one end to the other.  They aren't even close to that big so your argument is quite weak.  No matter what anyone says, it's not going to change my beleif that those HS in Class A towns ashould be Class A.  I'm done beating my head against the wall on this topic!
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndtaterman » Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:56 pm

Well one thing about it we probably won't have to worry about Trinity the next few years with Buelah turning back to class B.......
ndtaterman
NDPreps Starter

Next

Return to Boys