Fixing the problems

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby scruffy » Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:28 am

In the eastern half of the state they kind of operate under the club system with all the schools that co-op.  When you see the scores, you don't know who is who because all you see is the alphabet. Out west, distance between schools limits the co-op option.
No whiners allowed! The journey is the reward!
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Postby point/center » Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:30 am

he's the guy that donated an appendix to me after i lost mine.....a good friend indeed
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby Wild Wolves » Sun Apr 23, 2006 12:52 pm

I thought I gave you a liver, cause I only have one now.;)
As for the whining and going 28-0.  That is the point.
Money, Tharoldson Ent. sponsors like what 150 softball teams?    Sponsors would be banging down the door to get kids and families to wear their logo on their back all over the state for the cost of a shirt.
 The costs would equal an add campaign.
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby point/center » Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:17 pm

Recall they did a test on your liver and it was actually functioning like that of an 95 year old career alcoholic. So they just gave me your appendix and tonsils. Which I'm eternally indebted.

Regarding the club sports: i remember in pee wee baseball in a small town. we couldn't find a business in town that would pay us .50$ a shirt to put their name on it. Name the businesses in Fullerton that would sponsor the girls chess team. My point is: maybe Fargo South Boys BB could get a decent sponsor. BUT how about the Girls Golf team in Marmath? who's gonna write that check?

point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby Wild Wolves » Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:06 am

Perhaps the reduction in property taxes that the school system would need to fund the programs would inspire businesses to sponsor teams. 

Based on this idea the Ayr Rifles could be back on the map!

Besides the Marmoth chess team is self sustaining with all of the money they get tutoring others in the game.
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby Wild Wolves » Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:07 am

If you( Point -Center) are the only one that is going to respond I am just going to call.
Last edited by Wild Wolves on Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby point/center » Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:12 am

sell that: reduction in taxes.

when was the last time that happened? anywhere.

so school districts would then be RIF for teachers too?

and the money saved business would then line up to sponsor those school teams? the one business in Ayr (Rosies Cafe for those of you keeping score at home)

I'm sure would gladly underwrite the local???????? word is they already sponsor the Abasarak Crows softball team to the tune of $100 year. that money would pay for one bus ride to an from Erie.

where do i sign up?

point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby Wild Wolves » Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:06 am

Imagine the crowds lined up to eat at Rosie's after the games.  I'm sure they could play the games in the pole barn 4 miles to the east.  They will be rolling in the bucks.  I think the homemade pies will be in high demand. 
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby Edward III » Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:50 am

New guy here---- Does anyone think the "Club basketball " tourneys are a success?? The parents I have seen at these tourneys are terrible examples. The coaches behavior are worse. The players learn nothing except to blame everyone except themselves. Athletics taught the proper way can be a powerful and positive experience. Taking it out of the school would be disastrous. 
Edward III
NDPreps Reserve

Postby point/center » Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:31 pm

welcome Eddy...you're right. I want to a tournament to watch a couple games two weeks ago. and this was just a Jr. High. the sportsmanship and conduct of players/coaches/parents/fans was sad. but what do you do? my choice? I won't attend.

point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby Wild Wolves » Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:47 pm

The poor sportsmanship is just an east river issue.  Or maybe a Royal cass thing.:D:D:D:D:D

Out here in west river we all get along just fine, except when it comes to Trinity.  No o to Trinity.
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby point/center » Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:55 pm

Tiger Pride wrote:The poor sportsmanship is just an east river issue.  Or maybe a Royal cass thing.:D:D:D:D:D

Out here in west river we all get along just fine, except when it comes to Trinity.  No o to Trinity.
tourney was in Williston

point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby Wild Wolves » Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:05 pm

Technically speaking Williston is north of the River.
And you are from royal Cass so can i still be right, just this one time:?
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby scruffy » Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:21 pm

Imagine that..more Trinity bashing.....By the way tigerpride we welcome you to our football team.  It is relationship that will work great if parents don't get in the way.
Last edited by scruffy on Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No whiners allowed! The journey is the reward!
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Postby Edward III » Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:30 pm

I am not sure how this got back to Trinity but as a by-stander, I don't get it. From what I see Trinity is a class act. The kids perform under pressure and handle things when it is not going so good. I think some of the UNDER PRIVILEGED need to take a lesson---Keep a coach around so that you can say you have a program, have the parents support the team concept, and have the students become better athletes. It is no secret that Trinity also has a football team that has had SOME success and also a track team that has had SOME success. The same names keep coming up on all three teams.
Edward III
NDPreps Reserve

Postby point/center » Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:31 am

Imperial Cass?

point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby Wild Wolves » Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:52 am

Imperial Cass is correct, I had writers block.

Trinity has outstanding athletic teams and quality individuals on those teams.

The coaching staffs are well established and dedicated to the kids they work with.

After what New England has been through in the last year or so and what they are continuing to go through being part Trinity athletic programs is going to be a big boost to the school.

New England's super has/is leaving a school in horrible shape, it appears that his motivation has been to better his own situation rather than working for the kids.
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Previous

Return to Boys