FW vs. DL

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby ND_SportsNut » Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:38 am

I've been hearing around town and FW that people have taken this idea to heart and still may be trying to work something out for a game between the 2 teams. Has anyone heard any further advancements on this idea, more than what has been discussed on here earlier.
ND_SportsNut

Postby BBall dominator » Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:06 am

4 Winds is a very good Class B team but Class A schools have stronger kids as proved by Trinity 4 winds isn't strong and cannot play against a very good defense.  Plus Travis Mertens would dominate if he really wanted plus it'd be more of a game for 4 winds because they have nothing to lose and DL really wouldn't care.
Hate my selfishness, Hate my lies, Hate my infidelity, Hate the fact that my high-powered attorneys got me off and humiliated my accuser when I was charged with rape. And hate that I'm loved, because I can shoot a ball.
BBall dominator
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Batman » Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:18 am

I'm sure lots of people would show up and support the game, it sounds like a good community event.  In the old days things like this used to happen more often, now it's more difficult with liability, scheduling, and cost issues.  What he wanted to know was if you'd heard anything, not what your opinions were, we already exhausted that subject in another topic.
Batman
NDPreps Starter

Postby Indians Alumni » Tue Mar 21, 2006 12:18 pm

dominationSCS wrote:4 Winds is a very good Class B team but Class A schools have stronger kids as proved by Trinity 4 winds isn't strong and cannot play against a very good defense.  Plus Travis Mertens would dominate if he really wanted plus it'd be more of a game for 4 winds because they have nothing to lose and DL really wouldn't care
Wow, you are reaching now.  Travis Mertens is a dominant player, but one person cannot win a game for you!  So you are saying DL wouldn't care to lose to a Class B team.  I think you are mistaken my friend!  Devils Lake would have alot to lose if they lost to Four Winds!  Like their sense of pride!   Obviously Devils Lake could not play against a stronger and good defensive team either!  Weren't they at home during the Class A tournaments?
Last edited by Indians Alumni on Tue Mar 21, 2006 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ND_SportsNut » Tue Mar 21, 2006 12:25 pm

PLEASE !!! Lets not start another one of these arguements, I asked for any further information on the subject, lets try to keep it at that. Just let people know if you hear any advancements on the idea, thats all.
ND_SportsNut

Postby NDSportsFan » Tue Mar 21, 2006 12:39 pm

For that idea to take action, it's going to take someone to do a little lobbying.  The question is, is anybody willing to do that?
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby DL-in-DL » Tue Mar 21, 2006 1:58 pm

Good idea about dropping the topic. Bad idea about the game.
Last edited by DL-in-DL on Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DL-in-DL
NDPreps Starter

Postby DL-in-DL » Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:05 pm

The Devils Lake/4 Winds game will NEVER happen because frankly, no one except 4 Winds fans wants to see it. Look at the post, the only people who want the game are 4 Winds fans. Plus they would never get the green light from DL adminstration or the people of DL. No one in DL cares about who is better. Look at it this way. Would this even be a question if 4 Winds had a 12-12 season and didn't make it to Districts. ABSOLUTLEY NOT. So stop talking about it like it's a big deal because who wants to watch a meaningless game that really proves nothing. 1 game isn't going to settle it, and neither will no game, so lets save some time and not play, because the loser of the game will blame it on the refs and want a rematch.
DL-in-DL
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfan » Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:14 pm

Don't they have and Elks tournament coming up soon? Maybe they could just play it their for fun. The officiating would not be great but its a fun tournament anyway. Anybody ever played in it?
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby 1337 » Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:19 pm

Never played in, watched or any of the like, but I often to hear about this tournament. I think ndfan is on the right track of solving this little debate, don't these games answer the question even if just a little?
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby BBall dominator » Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:28 pm

What I meant was no one from DL would care about the game because the only people pumped up to play it would be the 4 winds players.  Almost they have something to prove if they lose its OK because they are supposed to lose and DL would get absoloutely nothing out of the game but beating a Class B team it'd be a blow out or a close win nothing in between but DL still pulls it out.  Nothing at all against 4 winds but DL is a much better team and the only Class B teams that would have a shot against beating Class A teams are MPCG and Trinity just based on the defense they play.
Hate my selfishness, Hate my lies, Hate my infidelity, Hate the fact that my high-powered attorneys got me off and humiliated my accuser when I was charged with rape. And hate that I'm loved, because I can shoot a ball.
BBall dominator
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:39 pm

A team I played on last year beat 4 of this years 5 starters for DL in the ELKS tourney, on the team i played, 3 of the kids were DLHS students who didnt make the team. We only had 6 ppl and they had 9. My point, DL elks tourney will NEVER prove a point. The reffing is down right terrible and you can run the sidelines, how often do you do that in a real game.  Its basically a wrestling match when you get in a good game. Im with DL bb on this on, nobody in DL really cares who is better. Neither team got first in the state. If both teams were to get first then i could see something happening. Neither team has proved to be the best in the state. :bow:
Last edited by NATURAL TALENT on Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby Indians Alumni » Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:59 am

NATURAL TALENT wrote:A team I played on last year beat 4 of this years 5 starters for DL in the ELKS tourney, on the team i played, 3 of the kids were DLHS students who didnt make the team. We only had 6 ppl and they had 9. My point, DL elks tourney will NEVER prove a point. The reffing is down right terrible and you can run the sidelines, how often do you do that in a real game.  Its basically a wrestling match when you get in a good game. Im with DL bb on this on, nobody in DL really cares who is better. Neither team got first in the state. If both teams were to get first then i could see something happening. Neither team has proved to be the best in the state. :bow:

I don't know what Elks Tourney you played in last year, I ref'd that tournament.  You could not run the sidelines anymore, and the ball had to touch a refs hands before it was let into play!  and Hey, Like I said I was a ref, and I think the tandom of 4 Winds Hoops Fan and I did an excellent Job!  Usually had to carry the third ref.  I only ref'd in the Sports Center, so I could not defend anyone in the other venues. 

Game is pretty pointless, DL and FW are not the best in state.  I would be a game for bragging rights!  DL never would play Four Winds, they could not afford the embarrassment of a loss to a Class B school!!!  All year, people have been asking why doesn't DL & FW play a non-conference game, the loss to either team would not mean a thing!  But Like you said DL administrators would not let that happen.  Even though some of these boys have played togather, DL and FW boys have done some tourneys togather.  So it would be most-likely a friendly battle. 
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:57 am

IA, the game we ran the sideline was in the college. I thought it got banned a few years ago also but "everyone else was doing it."
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby Indians Alumni » Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:17 am

Only thing kept the same was a running clock, down to 2 minutes of second half, and you had to be within 10 points.
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Indians Alumni » Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:55 am

Speaking of this tournament.  It is coming up.  I am looking forward to ref'n again, It is always fun to watch the new and upcoming talent.  Should be a good tourney
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Return to Boys