Class B tourney Poll

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

What city would you most like to attend the class B tournament in?

Bismarck
42%
Fargo
17%
Grand Forks
17%
Minot
25%

Total votes : 24

Postby NDSportsFan » Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:39 am

Discuss...
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby itsallabouteddie » Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:08 am

i used to wanna say bismarck, but ever since the msu dome put in the new floor and everything, i think it should be there every year. fargo is not good, i've played basketball in the fargodome and when the game got over, i said i would never go back it was so terrible. i like the centralized location. and i like minot.
itsallabouteddie
NDPreps Starter

Postby Batman » Wed Jan 04, 2006 7:32 am

Minot loves their basketball, but Bismarck is centrally located and has better shopping and restaurants for the more casual fans.  I live in Fargo and you can't hardly tell when there's an event going on at the Fargodome, unless you drive by.  That's not what the B is about.
Batman
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfan » Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:19 pm

Can't games be played at the Ralph if played in Grand Forks and not the Betty? The Ralph is by far the nicest facilty in North Dakota. Totally agree it shouldnt be in Fargo or atleast not at the Fargo Dome don't like the Fargo Dome for football either. I think they should give Grand Forks a shot at it and see how it goes.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Wombat » Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:59 pm

I know they have even had BB tournies in the Alerus before... i think they had 2 courts set up. not that that would be done for the "B" but it is a venue that couldhost BB.
Mitch Greenwood

Some people say I don't have a life. They are wrong. Sports are my life!!!
Wombat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby point/center » Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:33 am

Fargo any day. At least you can get a motel room. Bismarck, Minot have nice venues, but I stopped attending because the town can't handle the crowd.
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby Y-not Daily » Sat Jan 07, 2006 10:30 am

With all due respect to Fargo... I lived there for over five years and had a great time... they are the last place in the state that should hold the state Class B tourney. I'd rather they hold the state B in Mott.

I'll admit I've never been to a major hoops tourney in G.F., but IMO it should be held in either Bismarck or Minot every year.

I don't think there was a problem with hotels in Minot last year and Bismarck can certainly handle the tourney as well. That may have been because between Bottineau, Divide and NR-S, there were a lot of people going back and forth, but Fargo??? Give me a break.

I've been to hoops tourneys at the Fargodome and they are completely bunk every time. No atmosphere whatsoever.

Y-not Daily

Postby point/center » Sat Jan 07, 2006 4:29 pm

atmosphere? what do you want? I want a place to park, a place to sit, and a place to sleep.  Fargo is far and away better. I'll give Bismarck some props. But Minot? no thanks. i'll never go to another 'B' in Minot.
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby Batman » Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:50 pm

Bismarck is a good compromise between the Fargo/Minot argument, and they put on a really good tournament. 
Batman
NDPreps Starter

Postby Y-not Daily » Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:25 pm

All I'm saying is the Fargodome is the most stale atmosphere ever for basketball. Great for the Dakota Bowl, but it might be the worst place in the state to watch hoops.

The seating is horrible, and with good reason. It was never designed to be a basketball stadium. They have all these different set ups and configurations and none of them are good for hoops.

Great place to watch football and a decent place to see a concert, but not basketball IMO.

For me, part of the charm of watching a great Class B tournament is having the building packed like a can of sardines on championship night.
Y-not Daily

Postby ishouldawentPRO » Fri Jan 20, 2006 5:40 am

Bismarck and Minot make good hosts, I think, because high school sports are still the top draws in these towns, unlike Grand Forks and Fargo.  The whole town seems to get out and support the tournament because of the money and fans it brings to town. 
ishouldawentPRO

Postby DrPepper » Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:56 pm

The Class B tournies are better set in Minot and Bismarck. Minot's facility is excellent and Bismarck's is very well run. The FargoDome is just too big. I wouldn't say anyone has a problems getting hotel rooms. I've never heard any complaints about that in Bismarck or Minot. It could be worse...it could be in Jamestown every year. Minot and Bismarck should be the rotation. Leave Fargo for football and wrestling.
DrPepper
NDPreps Rookie

Return to Boys