state sunshine bracket

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby rep » Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:37 pm

bata was unstoppable in the first half for p-b-k...after 16 minutes he had 10 points, 10 boards, 2 blocks and three assists (going by memory but i know for sure he had the double-double).

rebels put together a nice team effort in the second half as the starting five each finished in double-digit scoring.

the packineau brothers need their own video game or something. they are pretty amazing offensively. they can penetrate and create shots and while the shots might look off-balance or awkward, it seems like they are always going in.

p-b-k wins and faces minot ryan while richland dukes it out with parshall.

i didn't watch the second game as close as i watched the first, but richland and minot went back and fourth for about 2 3/4 quarters. ryan outscored richland 16-10 in the fourth quarter.

the erbes kid for richland is a stud. the exchange student for ryan had 7 or 8 points, 8 or 9 boards and 4 or 5 steals...nice all around game. their big guy mayer...i keep expecting him to dominate the game more than he does, he had 14 points but only 2 rebounds and fouled out of the game. bosch had 15 points and 8 boards.  

no idea how the consolation championship shakes out...probably depends on who gets who into foul trouble...i'll be a homer and say p-b-k by a handful. richland and parshall should be a fun game to watch as both are up tempo teams.
rep

Postby lefty » Fri Mar 17, 2006 4:05 pm

yeah those packineau twins probably have the softest touch i have seen...everything rolls in
lefty
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Perles » Fri Mar 17, 2006 7:41 pm

Bata had a double-double in the first half, you're right.  Although twelve points instead of ten.
Perles
NDPreps Reserve

Postby rep » Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:49 am

i will now proceed to completely pass the buck to the stats at the tourney for why its wrong in my post....the stat sheet had him 5 of 7 from the field for 10 points
rep

Postby Ming01 » Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:49 pm

Not to offend anyone, but after watching tonights game it made me realize how boring class b basketball actually is.  Things would be different if they would implement a shot clock.
Last edited by Ming01 on Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indians Alumni » Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:17 am

Ming01 wrote:Not to offend anyone, but after watching tonights game it made me realize how boring class b basketball actually is.  Things would be different if they would implement a shot clock.

Ming01, Thank you.  You have seen the light!  hahaha. 
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Perles » Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:33 am

Having a shot clock in class 'B' basketball would be nice, especially at the end of the game.  But throughout the rest of the game I don't see where it would benefit that much.  Most teams shoot the ball way before even twenty seconds into the offensive end of the court.  As for calling class 'B' basketball boring, I don't agree.  You must have made that assumption after watching the PBK/May-PORT game, because the game that followed(Parshall/Shiloh) was anything but boring.  Class 'A' is actually more boring(I am from a class 'A' school by the way), because with the shot clock they will run the clock down more often...resulting in longer possessions.

As for Bata, he was 5 for 7 from the field...you just missed the two free throws.
Perles
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Ming01 » Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:33 pm

Yeah but in class a you dont see scores that often in the 30's or even the 40's.  Plus I just think class a basketball is better to watch overall.
Last edited by Ming01 on Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby COACHWEST » Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:00 am

Depends on the coach, style of athletes on the team, and the type of play that best fits the team.  Some class B is better than class A.  Some class A is better than class B.  They are different.  Everyone has their own opinion.  Personally, good class B is better than good class A, but poor class A ball is better than poor class B ball.  Make any sense? 
COACHWEST
NDPreps Starter

Postby Perles » Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:01 am

I think I understand what you are getting at COACHWEST.  A really good class 'B' team is fun to watch because they will normally put up big numbers, while a really good class 'A' team usually plays more conservative(get the win).  A really bad class 'B' team will have a little-to-no skill players on their team and will be blown out of almost every game.  A really bad class 'A' team will have some talent(at least someone to watch), but still can't get it together due to lackluster supporting players.
Perles
NDPreps Reserve

Return to Boys