Pingree-Buchanon-Kensal vs. Mayville-Portland-Clifford-Gales

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby Batman » Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:25 am

Rebels vs. Patriots

Six towns, two teams, one game, the winner moves on. 

What do we look for in this game?
Batman
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfan » Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:01 am

MPCG was here last year and this is PBK's first trip to state so I would look to see how PBK handles the pressure of being out their for the first time. Look to see if MPCG can get out to an early lead with the experience they have and see if they can keep it. PBK needs to start strong, MPCG just needs to do what they have done all year. JMO
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby bisonman » Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:39 am

You mean 7 towns.

Should be a good game that i'd say is a tournament championship game.
bisonman
NDPreps Starter

Postby bluedevilbball » Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:42 am

PBK in a very good matchup.  They are ready and so are the fans!! GO PBK!!  Good luck to all teams I'm heading to Bismark.
bluedevilbball
NDPreps Reserve

Postby NDSportsFan » Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:45 am

It being the first game of the tournament I'd almost think they both might come out a little tight with all the hype and pressure and settle into a defensive game.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Batman » Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:46 am

bisonman wrote:You mean 7 towns.

Counting was never my strong point.  :(
Batman
NDPreps Starter

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:17 am

The first quarter will more than likely be a nervous quarter for PBK, Mayville was there last year, they know how to accept it.  If Mayville doesnt get their lead after the first quarter then the game should be a wide open closely played game until the end. Mayville likes to slow the tempo and play good D, PBK likes to get it up and down the floor. If Mayville gets down, the faster tempo could favor PBK...
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby itsallabouteddie » Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:44 am

mayville can play any style, the florhaug lorenz matchup will be sweet.
itsallabouteddie
NDPreps Starter

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:09 am

I dont doubt they can play any style, I was saying a faster tempo will favor PBK. In an hour you will probably see what I mean:D
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby NDSportsFan » Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:15 am

P-B-K looks a little tired in the 3rd, too many long shots with no one in position.  MPCG is controlling the boards and playing very nicely.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Batman » Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:56 am

As a unbiased fan, I thought MPCG played pretty well and deserved the victory today.  Good luck tomorrow to both teams.
Batman
NDPreps Starter

Postby bisonman » Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:42 am

It was a good game, MPCG got a good run in the third and never looked back. PBK couldn't answer on anything if there life depended on it. Like Bata said in his interview, they beat themselves. MPCG is a very good team and should take it.
bisonman
NDPreps Starter

Postby 643master » Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:01 pm

Beta played a great game and he comes from a good family (hopefully he is headed to VSCU GO Vikings), however I have a minor issue of saying that a team beat theirselves in any sport besides golf/bowling/and Im sure some others, but when you are facing a team, the team that you played forced you into playing bad, which I dont believe PBK did (MPCG just played better on this day), PBK had one bad quarter of basketball that cost them their perfect season.  Saying that PBK beat themselves is not right even though PBK probably had better games this year and are capable of playing better but give credit where credit is due, congrats MPCG
"A somebody was once a nobody who wanted to and did." - Anonymous
643master
NDPreps Reserve

Postby point/center » Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:57 pm

regarding Bata's comment. Figure this into the equation: He's HS kid, just lost in the State B first round--seconds later your in front of a statewide TV audience. Ask him again and maybe something else is said. My point is: give the kid a break.
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby 643master » Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:56 pm

the comment was more towards bisonman, beta can be on my team anyday
643master
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Perles » Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:52 pm

I want to just start by saying that the lines to get into the game(ticket line) were outrageous.  We stood in line for 45 minutes, and missed most of the first quarter...frustrating to say the least.  As for the game, PBK was playing great ball in the first half...they even went into the half with a two-point lead.  Mayville did something at halftime to really spark themselves, because when they came out in the third quarter it was almost like they were playing against a 'B' squad team.  PBK was outscored 20-4 in that quarter.  Does anybody know what PBK shot as a percentage from the field in the game?  It was awful.  It's not often that one of the best players in the state shoots three airballs.  Congratulations to Mayville, and good luck in the rest of the tourney.
Perles
NDPreps Reserve

Postby rep » Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:21 pm

much respect to the lorenz kid...the best description i heard about him defensively was that he was like a spider. he held florhaug to five shots in the first half (albeit seven points if i remember right) and then in the second half it seemed like there was a lid on the basket when florhaug was shooting.

and it isn't like florhaug is a bum either...the kid is a legit dac player that has scored 20 points a night this season.

it'll be pretty interesting to see if he does the same thing against shiloh...from what i've heard his opening round defensive performance is what he has done all year.

frye is who impressed me. he keyed the 8-0 run in the third quarter with something like three assists and two steals. i beleive he ended up with one point, four assists and four steals for the game...looking at those stats it looks like he didn't play all that great, but man does he play a smart game.
rep

Postby 643master » Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:41 am

Heres a good article to take a look at, I think it really hits the nail on the head.

http://www.grandforks.com/mld/grandforks/sports/14118947.htm

Yeah, it is 5:40am and I'm on this site,  Im working.  I had to switch some shifts to get friday and saturday off so I could watch the games in person, headed to Bismarck from Fargo in a hour and twenty minutes.  

Signing off for the weekend....peace
643master
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Indians Alumni » Fri Mar 17, 2006 2:51 am

643master wrote:
Yeah, it is 5:40am and I'm on this site,  Im working.  I had to switch some shifts to get friday and saturday off so I could watch the games in person, headed to Bismarck from Fargo in a hour and twenty minutes.  

Signing off for the weekend....peace

I hear you brutha!  In at 6:30.  No rest for the hard working!  Tonight have a green beer for me.  Gotta work tomorrow too.  Good luck to all today!!!

Mr Incredible (Saving the world, 1 Policy holder at a time)
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby bisonman » Fri Mar 17, 2006 7:14 am

643master wrote:the comment was more towards bisonman, beta can be on my team anyday

Don't get me wrong, Mayville is #1 for a reason. I'm not giving anything against them but PBK was missing on some cylinders. Florhaug wasn't hitting anything, yea he had Lorenz on him, but he couldn't hit any of his turn around baseline jumpers that he's hit all year.
bisonman
NDPreps Starter

Return to Boys