Mr. Basketball Finalists

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby rainmaker » Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:49 pm

Then why don't they call it Senior Player of the Year II??  Mainly, I think it's different than Senior Player of the Year, because it includes both Class A and Class B nominees.  I understand the differences in the voting, I'm just stating my opinion I guess. 
rainmaker
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Ming01 » Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:58 pm

Does anybody have a list or a site of the all time ND Mr. basketball winners.  That would be nice, thanks.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby Ming01 » Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:07 pm

Is Younger playing in any semi pro leagues currently?
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndsubball » Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:44 pm

1985 Chirs Lamoureux-Newburg and Juno Pintar-North

1986 Todd Olson- Cavalier

1987 Bryan Flam-Jamestown

1988- Scott Guldseth-Edinburg

1989 Chris Gardner-Fargo South and Ben Jacobson-Mayville-Portland

1990 Rob Stefanowicz-Divide County

1991 Bart Manson-Minot

1992 Marty McDonald-Munich

1993 Randy Torgrimson-West Fargo

1994 Dustin Undlin-Mohall

ndsubball

Postby rainmaker » Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:02 pm

I never said that Mr. and Miss Basketball shouldn't be combined awards.   What I was saying had nothing to do with the whole 'Class A & Class B thing'.  I was just saying that it would be nice if Mr. Basketball took into account a player's entire career. 
rainmaker
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndfan » Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:58 am

[user=175]rainmaker[/user] wrote:
I never said that Mr. and Miss Basketball shouldn't be combined awards.   What I was saying had nothing to do with the whole 'Class A & Class B thing'.  I was just saying that it would be nice if Mr. Basketball took into account a player's entire career. 

Well if you wanna go by career then they better split that award between Class A & B too. Mr. Basketball is awarded to the BEST senior basketball player in the state THAT YEAR. You just can't take into account entire careers, it takes some class A kids a little longer to crack the starting line up as where he could be starting as a freshmen at a B school so career stats would help out class B kids when you compare the two. JMHO
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indians Alumni » Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:10 am

ndsubball wrote:1985 Chirs Lamoureux-Newburg and Juno Pintar-North

1986 Todd Olson- Cavalier

1987 Bryan Flam-Jamestown

1988- Scott Guldseth-Edinburg

1989 Chris Gardner-Fargo South and Ben Jacobson-Mayville-Portland

1990 Rob Stefanowicz-Divide County

1991 Bart Manson-Minot

1992 Marty McDonald-Munich<--Never played bball in college, great pitcher for the Jimmies!

1993 Randy Torgrimson-West Fargo

1994 Dustin Undlin-Mohall

I wonder how many other Mr Basketball award winners did not play basketball in college, or even go to college.
Last edited by Indians Alumni on Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby rainmaker » Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:30 am

ndfan wrote:Well if you wanna go by career then they better split that award between Class A & B too. Mr. Basketball is awarded to the BEST senior basketball player in the state THAT YEAR. You just can't take into account entire careers, it takes some class A kids a little longer to crack the starting line up as where he could be starting as a freshmen at a B school so career stats would help out class B kids when you compare the two. JMHO

Once again, just stating my opinion.  I am aware of the criteria for the award, so you don't have to keep explaining it to me...As far as I'm concerned, the whole Class A & Class B thing has gotten out of hand.  It is what it is.
rainmaker
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Bob » Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:33 am

REP I dont know if i asked this already or if it didnt go through or something but what area do you cover in your paper. what city? thanks
Bob
NDPreps Reserve

Previous

Return to Boys