Who is the weakest team in the state tournament?

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby new 2 the game » Fri Mar 10, 2006 5:26 pm

Who do you think is the weakest team entering the class B boys basketball tournament?

I have seen a lot of Region 6, 8 and 4 teams and it looks like Parshall is the weakest among Bishop Ryan and Four Winds.

Parshall has the Packineau twins and that is about it.

Neil and Nathaniel have mucho talento, but they can't carry the team through a 3-day tournament filled with quality opponents.

Ryan is tough. Opponents of Ryan will have to knock down jump shots to beat them because it will be tough to score inside with any consistency with Mitch Mayer and Austin Vetter swatting shots and clogging the lane. Just ask Bottineau...

Four Winds-Warwick is still a big question mark, but with the way it put a hurting on everyone this season it is tough to sell it short.

Oh, and does anyone know why FW-W feels the need to run up the score on everyone?

new 2 the game

Postby 4 Winds Indians Hoops Fan » Fri Mar 10, 2006 5:37 pm

instead of concentrating on the weakest teams how about appreciating the achievements of the schools who made it.  People like you who try to drag teams down at this point in the year is disgusting.

The Natural
4 Winds Indians Hoops Fan

Postby nativegolfer » Fri Mar 10, 2006 5:57 pm

First of all it isn't FW-W, it's just FW.  Second, if you walk on the court with a team who hasn't spent long hours during the off season making themselves a better team then I have no pity for them if they get blown out.  When we put our second string in when we are up big, what do you expect them to do?  Pass the ball around so we won't hurt the other teams feelings?  No, this is a big boy game!  No whiners and cryers allowed.  If you don't want to get kicked around then work on your game or shut up and take your beating.  peace.  JL
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby Batman » Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:37 pm

It probably would have been better to name the topic something like "who's the biggest underdog?"

I don't think I'd classify any of these teams as being weak, they all pretty much rolled at the region championships, except for Trinity and P-B-K and look at the teams that they faced. 

Perhaps Parshall, but they have won a lot of games under pressure this year, and I'm a western team guy!
Batman
NDPreps Starter

Postby bluedevilbball » Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:12 am

It is the state B and anything can happen on any night but I do agree that you will see the teams who put in the time over the off season.
bluedevilbball
NDPreps Reserve

Postby new 2 the game » Sat Mar 11, 2006 3:47 pm

My intention was never to bring any team down, I just wanted to know peoples' thoughts on which team is the weakest..

In every tournament there is a bound to be a team or teams that made it because they play in a weak region or that they played out their arse or that their opponents got the asian flu or any number of other possible reasons.

Because I have not seen play in all the regions i thought someone who has might be able to provide some info.

So again, who is the stinker? is it Mayport? or perhaps Bishop Ryan? 

Somebody must have an opinion or do you think that like men, all team's are created equal in the eyes of the lord? Give me a break.

But, if no one wants to answer it is no big deal.

new 2 the game

Postby ndfan » Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:18 pm

Whoever doesn't win a game next weekend at the tournament will give you your answer.:D
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby theefollman » Sat Mar 11, 2006 9:10 pm

[user=271]new 2 the game[/user] wrote:
Oh, and does anyone know why FW-W feels the need to run up the score on everyone? 

I have watched I think about 5-6 of Four Winds games and to be honest with you the coach does a fine job of emptying the bench. There is about 8 players that play normally and when they played Maddock in the District Tourny and beat them 106-39 or soemthing like that it was there bench players that did majority of the scoring in the second half. They are a good well balanced team. They arent a one man show out there and if someone has a bad night than just about any guy can come off the bench and pick it up in that position. So Four Winds doesnt role up the score. Would you like them to just do a weave for 8 straight minutes in the fourth just so they dont look like they run up the score. I would rather have them score on me and give me the ball back then do the weave. I think you would too.
theefollman
NDPreps Reserve

Postby jimmie44 » Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:40 am

Wouldn't it be great to see an UNDERDOG win this thing?  I for one am sick of seeing the "regulars" (May-Port, Trinity, Ryan).  Anyone who can knock them off will get a "Hats off" from me.  GO PBK! GO PARSHALL! GO RICHLAND! GO FOUR WINDS! :D
jimmie44
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bluedevilbball » Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:56 pm

I second Jimmie 44!!  Especially with PBK
bluedevilbball
NDPreps Reserve

Postby 643master » Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:50 pm

we have some haters on our hands,  i spose duke and the yankees suk too
"A somebody was once a nobody who wanted to and did." - Anonymous
643master
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bluedevilbball » Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:21 pm

It's pretty obvious that none of these teams struggle that are going to state, and I don't think anyone said they did.  I'm just rooting for my home team.
bluedevilbball
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Indians Alumni » Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:29 am

theefollman wrote:[user=271]new 2 the game[/user] wrote:

I have watched I think about 5-6 of Four Winds games and to be honest with you the coach does a fine job of emptying the bench. There is about 8 players that play normally and when they played Maddock in the District Tourny and beat them 106-39 or soemthing like that it was there bench players that did majority of the scoring in the second half. They are a good well balanced team. They arent a one man show out there and if someone has a bad night than just about any guy can come off the bench and pick it up in that position. So Four Winds doesnt role up the score. Would you like them to just do a weave for 8 straight minutes in the fourth just so they dont look like they run up the score. I would rather have them score on me and give me the ball back then do the weave. I think you would too.

I agree on all levels!!!  I agree also with Jimmie44.  Lets get some new state champions.  FW-W is the girls team,  Drop the W (Warwick). 
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby rep » Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:35 pm

from my state preview story with both coaches, the richland coach, ryan bomstad, admits they are probably the least favored team at state. i think he takes it the best way possible. they aren't favorites and that is instant motivation to prove everyone wrong.

ryan bomstad's quote:

[i]“You take little goals. The first goal was to win the district and we accomplished that. The second is to win the region and the third one is to do the best that we can at state,â€Â
rep

Postby OldmanBBall » Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:08 pm

yeah, i read that and i thought to myself..he doesn't give himself enough credit..i thought all the teams were favored positively..that's just the way i see it though..good luck to richland and FW..should be a good game.
OldmanBBall

Postby 333 » Fri Mar 17, 2006 5:00 pm

i don't think we should be calling any one team the weakest team in the state tournament because has there really been a game yet that was a total blowout? maybe the dickinson trinity/bishop ryan game but ryan didn't play quite as well as they could have. maybe at the very end of the game some teams kind of ran away with it but for the most part they have been pretty close. so in the end will the 1st place team be THAT much better than the 8th place team? i think not....but that's just my opinion.

and also...i'm kind of sick of hearing people say that the packineau boys are the only thing parshall has. i would be telling a major lie if i said they weren't good. they are amazing. but i think that there are other players on the team who deserve a lot of credit too. in the district championship game parshall played watford city and neil packineau only had 1 point but parshall still won. so  that proves that they can win even when their top scorer doesn't have a lot of points.

i think that all of the teams in the state tourney this year are amazing so good job to all the teams who made it to state! :D
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Perles » Fri Mar 17, 2006 7:46 pm

333, I realize that you wrote your thread at 9 p.m.  But the game that was going on at that time was the blowout that you were omitting.  Four Winds just couldn't get it going against Trinity.
Perles
NDPreps Reserve

Postby 333 » Sat Mar 18, 2006 6:44 am

i realized that after i posted. but i think dickinson trinity is maybe not by FAR but by quite a bit the best team in the state tourney. they are amazing. but the other teams there i think are pretty closely matched.... 
NDPreps Rookie

Postby tomjof64 » Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:01 am

makes one wonder how good bowman was, trinity won 2 out of 3. of all 3 games 8 points is all that seperated them.  should be a great championship game.  the two best teams are playing. trinity should win but it will go back and forth all night.
tomjof64

Return to Boys