HOW BOUT THOSE INDIANS!!

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby 4 Winds Indians Hoops Fan » Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:12 pm

Well, after the dust has settled in the Region 4 tournament, a very believable outcome unfolded...... Four Winds took it to Langdon from the tip and literally blew them off the court and even outta range of hope.  The first quarter was the boys in their element, running, D-ing up, dropping bombs from 23ft, throwing no look dishes for layups, crossing over with the greatest of ease and flat out exposing a Langdon Cardinal team as inferior in spite of the nay-sayers and doubters...... Holla if you hear me!!

Most class B schools don't accumulate 29 points until the middle of the 3rd quarter but the boys decided to save their best quarter of play for the game that would decide if they make it to the big dance.  Tip Drill anyone????  ha ha ha, they've been pulling that one on teams for about 6-7 years now and its a message sender and a demoralizer.  After that boost of confidence the boys commenced to mop the floor with the former region 4 champs.  Rick Smith used his experience and was 3 steps ahead of Langdon's coach all night long, Flink got his, but everyone else was held in check.  Of the 3 regional games this one probably exemplifies the margin of victory being considerably further from the final score. 

Opposing guards should be shaking in their shorts cause our boys are about to start hitting on all cylinders like they did in the first quarter of last nights game.  Usem Boys, Usem!!

The Natural
4 Winds Indians Hoops Fan

Postby NDbballfan » Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:47 pm

I didn't know Langdon was the former region 4 champs???   That's because they weren't!  It was New Rockford that was the former champs for the past 3 years!!  And to say that most class B schools don't accumulate 29 points until the middle of the 3rd is the biggest joke I have probably ever heard!
NDbballfan

Postby Indians Alumni » Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:01 am

NDbballfan wrote:I didn't know Langdon was the former region 4 champs???   That's because they weren't!  It was New Rockford that was the former champs for the past 3 years!!  And to say that most class B schools don't accumulate 29 points until the middle of the 3rd is the biggest joke I have probably ever heard!

With those huge scores like 44 - 34, I think he has a point in saying that most don't hit 29 until the 3rd or even the 4th quarter. 

Four Winds is a force, not to be taken lightly ask anyone who's played them.  I believe it was quoted by a couple of you saying that Langdon would put a stop to Four Winds, I mean correct me if I am wrong, but I believe it was said that Langdon would come out Region 4 Champs!!!
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby NDbballfan » Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:33 pm

yes, four winds is a good team, and i didn't mean to make it sound like that, and yes langdon was the pre-season number 1 in region four, but i was referring to the statement that said "After that boost of confidence the boys commenced to mop the floor with the former region 4 champs".  And that thing with scoring 29 points by the middle of the 3rd,  yes i have seen it happen, but it is very rare, and I should have stated it in a better way than I did, but anyway enough about all of it.  Four Winds is the 2006 region 4 champs and they deserve the trip they earned to the state B in bismarck, and I wish them and Coach Smith they very best of luck, and I hope they represent region 4 well in the tournament!
NDbballfan

Postby spartan1 » Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:10 pm

Yeah how bout four winds, they barely get by richland. just wait if trinity plays them the way the played minot ryan four winds is going down hard!
spartan1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby sportsfan » Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:24 pm

come on now quit hateing just because they proved you wrong, but you never know they could win too, but that's alright if they don't they already proved you wrong, so no matter what you right you can't change that, that's one for four winds woo hoo
sportsfan
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Indians Alumni » Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:00 am

spartan1 wrote:Yeah how bout four winds, they barely get by richland. just wait if trinity plays them the way the played minot ryan four winds is going down hard!

Like I said before goes true for winning too!  Whether by 1 or a hundred, a win is a win.  The boys from what I hear talking to coach Smith could not hit there bunnies! Fortunately Richland could not make freethrows, either.  I think the momentum coming into tonights game vs Dickenson Trinity should be in favor of FW.
Last edited by Indians Alumni on Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby NDScout » Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:31 am

Will region 4 feel the wrath of region 7 tonight?  Or will it be a tight game?
NDScout

Postby itsallabouteddie » Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:37 am

well now you guys get to see if you can handle a team with legit size. you guys did do one thing i didn't think you could do and that was play a complete tight ugly game and win. good job and if you beat trinity you will really have me believing, i'm just glad FW stayed in the TV round
itsallabouteddie
NDPreps Starter

Postby Indians Alumni » Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:40 am

I think it should be a tight game.  I don't know about blow outs but definately should be exciting for both teams.
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby NDScout » Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:48 am

Indians Alumni wrote:I think it should be a tight game.  I don't know about blow outs but definately should be exciting for both teams.

If I was a gambling man,  I would spot you 20 points,  than it maybe would be a tight game

Edit:After a harsh statement like that I owe an explanasion of why I think that Trinity will win by 20

1.They are a very smart team,  that plays well together.

2.They are much bigger and stronger,  I look for them to take at least 5 charges while playing a sticky man to man defense that I think will fluster 4ws and take them out of their style of basketball.

3.Trinity has to many threats,  they will play a patient, ball control type of game that allows them good looks at the hoop and sooner or later Ernst(SP) will light it up(he just always seems to step up and have great spurts when you least expect it)

Last edited by NDScout on Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
NDScout

Postby NDScout » Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:58 pm

it is almost game time,  step up,  lay your pick down.

Edit: once the game is over,  you cant talk.
Last edited by NDScout on Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NDScout

Postby sportsfan » Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:06 pm

thanks for the good year four winds, but trinity was just to tough there going to run right threw mayport too, so maybe next time
sportsfan
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Indians Alumni » Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:56 am

I have to give it to Trinity, they were the better team.  They played tough and it was tough for our boys to adjust.  It was a good run of the boys, and hopefully not the last time.  I am proud of our boys.  I am also Proud to have Coach Smith get Class B coach of year. 
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby nativegolfer » Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:50 am

Just got back from Bis and enjoyed watching my boys take 3rd place.  DT is a heck of a team and we just did not match up with them.  I'll be the first to give them their due.  Congrats to 4 winds for their 3rd place finish.  I couldn't be more proud.  Also, it was awesome that Coach Smith got COY.  Especially since there were a lot of deserving candidates.  I don't know how other fans felt but I wasn't  particularly interested in the championship game for a couple of reasons.  One, I'm getting tired of seeing MPCG and one of these class B's in an A town in the championship game every other year and second, I knew the score would be 30 some to 30 some.  Boring as heck!  Oh, and one more thing:  PBK fans know how to Party Hardy!!

Peace.
Last edited by nativegolfer on Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Return to Boys