Fans at the State Tournament!!

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby theefollman » Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:01 pm

From what I have heard in the Region 4 Title game in Devils Lake at the sports center there was a new record for the biggest crowd brought to the gym there. It was packed and people were having to stand all over the place because it was packed from the very first row upto the upper bleachers top row. That is pretty insane. Four Winds took up about 3/4 of the gym with there town. That is pretty sweet. I am wondering if other teams around the state are like that and if it will be a packed place at the state tournament. I dont really know what the gym in Bismarck looks like but I hope its a great atmosphere for basketball. What is everyone elses thoughts on who will bring the best fans and the most fans??
theefollman
NDPreps Reserve

Postby rep » Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:17 pm

at the region 3 tournament i couldn't help but think about the crime spree that could be had in either pingree or buchanan or kensal, because if i was up there i'd be about the only one. if i had to guess, at state, a team like shiloh christian would probably have the best crowd (on the first day at least) because all their fans have to do is drive in town versus take time from work/drive across the state/etc.

but for the teams that are winning, the more they win the more fans will be up there. last year for instance, i couldn't help but think that there couldn't be 'this' many people in new rockford and sheyenne
rep

Postby Ming01 » Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:33 pm

I would say the Bismarck Civic Center is arguably the best basketball vanue in the state.  It is just a great atmosphere.  The last time I went to state B there every single game was packed about 6,000 people for each game.  That is awesome.  It's just a great place to be for state tournaments.  I'll be there next week.
Last edited by Ming01 on Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby bbjay » Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:06 am

I listened to the Region 8 game last night and the announcer said that had to be the most people he'd ever seen in that gym.  I have a feeling it was like that all over the state.  I think regional championship night is argueably the best night of the year for class b basketball
75% of the time..it works every time.
bbjay
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby CLASSB2001 » Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:04 am

I heard an estimate of 2,900 at the Region 2 game. That's not so bad. The Grafton and Mayville gyms barely hold that.
CLASSB2001
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bball » Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:48 am

Region 3 Championship had over 4,000 people in the Jamestown Civic Center.
bball
NDPreps Reserve

Postby supermang57 » Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:59 am

region 6 had the dome lower level pretty well packed, the botno student sectiopn wasent to big, but the minot ryan student section was huge, and loud...if they can get 1/2 the amount at state, it would probly be somewere around 100 students, thats pretty good numbers for a out of town team, concidering they only have about 350 in the whole school (or something like that) and they had very very good sportsmanship all through the tournament, so everyone who is expecting a unsportmanlike cheering section out of them, you could be disappointed they had a dress up night everynight, it was kinda fun to see, i hope they do the same at the state tournament, it would be cool
Last edited by supermang57 on Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
supermang57
NDPreps Reserve

Postby CLASSB2001 » Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:35 pm

Was every single seat filled in Jamestown? The capacity is just a smidge over 4,000 in Jamestown. I will email the civic center and find out the region attendance for ya. I am sure it was a great crowd though.
CLASSB2001
NDPreps Reserve

Postby 4 Winds Indians Hoops Fan » Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:11 pm

heck yeah the Devils Lake Sports Center was jam packed to the roof.... literally there were people leaning on the rafters and everything. 

It all has to do with a little thing called pride, pride in the student-athletes, pride in the coach, pride in the program, pride in the community, pride of where they are headed, where they've been and where they come from...... Its good to be Indian.

The Natural
4 Winds Indians Hoops Fan

Postby bluedevilbball » Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:03 pm

The Jamestown Civic Center was packed it just doesn't get any better than class b basketball.
bluedevilbball
NDPreps Reserve

Postby NDSportsFan » Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:03 am

I agree 100%

That sounds like a good inspiration for a message board.   :cool:
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indians Alumni » Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:50 am

It is nice to see the following in Class B Basketball.  I would much rather watch a Class B game over a Class A game anytime.  There  is more of sense of community in Class B.  I am not saying that there isn't in Class A, just that Basketball is the huge sport in Class B, and the community comes togather around their team. 
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Return to Boys