Four Winds Indians dispose of Adams-Edmore Prowlers

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby 4 Winds Indians Hoops Fan » Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:23 pm

Four Winds struggles to a 11 point victory but separated themselves from the Prowlers with a few big 3 point buckets from Mike "The Assassin" Meade in the 2nd half, who needs to be ready to fire that sucker at all times.  The defensive intensity and pressure was there and caused a bunch of turnovers but the boys could not convert those turnovers into points so the Prowlers kept hanging for a little bit but as much a factor as people expected that Big Man to play, he didn't even get a chance to plant himself in the low blocks cause their guards were so busy playing SYP offense that he had to go help handle the ball out at half court and the 3 point line.  He was also being met at the 3 point line by an equally physical Riley Smith who was just leaning on the big guy every time he came in the lane.  The full court pressure and trapping was way too much for the AE guards to figure out, they looked like they saw a ghost each and every time they inbounded the ball and started trying to get it across the half line.

#31 kid who kept bombing those hail mary looking but very accurate 3's really kept AE in the game.  Four Winds shot for $^% from the free throw line late in the game also so the margin of victory was once again a little closer on the scoreboard than what transpired on the court.

Four Winds has yet to play even remotely to their potential and hopefully they are saving one of those nights where it all comes together for thursday night when they are in a position to make more history in becoming the 1st ever Four Winds team to make it to the state tournament.

Langdon's Next!!

The Natural
4 Winds Indians Hoops Fan

Postby The Dude » Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:39 pm

I'd like to start off by saying that I am CERTAIN that Four Winds has nobody on their team that can actually physically contain Adams-Edmore's big man.  From what I heard, the Prowlers played very poorly.  Yes, some of that can be credited to FW's pressure defense, but if the Prowlers up their decision making and get the ball to that big man, the game is totally different.  It also helps that they had a regular starter out because of illness.  I believe that if both teams were healthy and it were played again, the ending would be a little different.
The Dude
NDPreps Rookie

Postby lambboy » Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:12 pm

I want to see four winds beat a team that is ranked in state or recieving votes. they really havent had a win that was very impressive unless u count beating a poor team by a lot of points impressive. i would like to see them match up with bowman or PBK and see how they match up. my guess is the real team of four winds would show up and LOSE. i think they aren't overrated because they are undeafeted but they need to play a team of high caliber. until then, i dont see them as a state contender.
lambboy
NDPreps Starter

Postby WildWarrior » Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:18 pm

I think beating Belcourt by 16 is pretty impressive.  Belcourt is Class A and only lost IN MINOT TO MINOT by 2 points.  I think the last i checked Minot was #2 in Class A.
WildWarrior
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndfan » Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:23 pm

Four Winds is a state contender until somebody beats them this year. Langdon has a shot at it tomorrow. If they get by them then they will get the true test, to see how good this team really is. Best of luck to both teams.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Return to Boys