region 7

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby rainmaker » Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:12 pm

I attended the games in Dickinson tonight, and I was just wondering what everyone's thoughts are on the championship game on Thursday??

Here are my thoughts on tonights games...
Honestly...just my opinion...if it wouldn't have been for the TERRIBLE officiating tonight...I feel Bowman would have won by a lot more......I don't know...just my opinion and an observation...who knows...i could be wrong.....Bowman on the other hand, I was very impressed with!!  They play so well as a team...every one of their players is instrumental in their success...all of them get involved and do great things with all aspects of the game...even Tivis who is the glue for the team is so UNSELFISH....Breen and Pauley both had amazing games tonight.....Even though Tivis was below his scoring average...he just still found ways to dominate.  Trinity also dominated tonight and played outstanding....THURSDAY IS GOING TO BE EXCITING!!!  Hopefully Bowman is able to TAKE the game away from Trinity and let another Class B team see what state is all about!! 
Last edited by rainmaker on Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
rainmaker
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bison » Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:44 pm

First of all dont judge how the attitude of a kid is by the way he walks out of the starting line up.  Almost all of GU walks out and doesnt run out.  What does that make players who bump chests and get in a huddle and scream and yell...you could look at that as being cocky or having a bad attitude.  Maybe he walks out because that is what he has been doing since he started playing varsity in 8th grade and it is a habit or ritual or whatever you want to call it.  Or maybe he walks out because he is relaxed and focused on what he has to do to win the game that night, knowing that he is not going to have any help again.  As far as the bad attitude, I watch his facial reactions too and I see frustration...not a bad attitude.  Would you be happy and excited on the floor during the game when two of your starters finish the night with 3 POINTS total between them! and the one guy off the bench scores ZERO!...so that makes 3 out of the 6 players with a total of 3 points.  This has happened almost all year that I have seen the box scores.  Now tell me if you would be happy to be playing the game if you are in a frustrating situation like that all year, wouldnt it wear down on you, especially when you know that when you are dead tired in the game that you have no chance of sitting out because the whole team falls apart?  The only person he can count on some nights is that schaaf kid.  If I was a kid playing on Bowmans team that has only one loss all year, the game would be a heck of a lot more fun, or for trinity who has dominated district 14 for year after year after year.  Trust me any game you play is more fun when you are winning...winning is everything when you play a sport and i dont care what anyone else says.  If they disagree, then they are not true competitors.  Bowman is a good team and Derek Pauley gets overlooked way too much.  Trinity is a very solid and very well coached and disciplined team, so the championship is going to be a very good game.    
bison
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Batman » Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:47 pm

It's pretty easy to be critical of a player you have watched a grand total of one time, when you are an anonymous user on a message board.  I know Voth has family that reads this and he probably reads it also.  Hopefully they don't take too personally and realize its just one persons opinion, right or wrong.
Batman
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfan » Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:11 am

If ya have anything bad to say about a kid, sign your name at the bottom of your post. I don't take any post ripping on another player seriously if its by some anonymous user, I hope everyone else does the same. I've seen on message boards kids like Matt Anderson who I think was the best football player in the state this year get ripped on by anonymous people saying he wasn't D-1 material. They judged him by watching ONE GAME or not seeing him at ALL. Stay anonymous if you wanna give your opinion on who the best basketball and football team is or dont think one is. But if your gonna bad mouth a kid on here by name then put your name with it too when your done.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Ming01 » Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:28 am

I totally agree with you Bison.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Return to Boys