Refs controlling the tempo of the game!!!

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby Indians Alumni » Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:21 am

One of my biggest pet peeves is refs that get too involved in the game.  They try to focus the attention on themselves by being "whistle happy" or control the tempo of the game.!  Refs are there to enforce rules, Period.  There are a handful of good officials, but for the most part, they are guys that want a paycheck and to catch a game. 
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Irisheyes » Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:01 am

A great coach told me once "If you don't like it, go change it yourself otherwise, I don't want to hear about it."  Simply put, you officiate.  I coach several sports for several seasons, umpired baseball and football games and simply hate it.  They earn their money.
Irisheyes
NDPreps Reserve

Postby J-Rod34 » Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:29 am

Officiating is mush easier in the stands then it is on the court. I feel to much is placed on the officials. I have never know an official who went out of his way to make sure a team won or lost. No one is perfect and that is the same as officiating if there is an official who is always 100% correct with his calls i wish i would have had him for all of the games tha i played in. Give the guys a break they are giving there time so you can watch the game because without them there would be no games. There is NO reason what so ever that people are willing to take shots at them on a high school message board.
Last edited by J-Rod34 on Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
J-Rod34

Postby COACHWEST » Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:33 am

Most people that are truly fans of ND High School athletics want nothing to do with bashing officials on a message board.  Matter of fact, many of them have a great appreciation for officials and the job that they do.
COACHWEST
NDPreps Starter

Postby J-Rod34 » Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:34 am

I agree with COACHWEST
J-Rod34

Return to Boys